A question about Geno's contract and Jalen Carter's arrest

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well how accurate are your dreams? The people need to know.

Alright I had another dream last night where Carter played a prominent role. I am now about 80% certain we take him at #5.

Steve Martin Idk GIF

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Yeah, but they don't really make those kinds of picks anymore. Not after 2017. They retooled their whole draft strategy after the McDowell fiasco.
I don't necessarily think that Carroll is against drafting people with character concerns. I think that the type of character concerns is the main thing. There was never a question about Frank Clark and Irvin's commitment to football. Irvin especially had long since put his troubled past behind him by the time the NFL draft had come along.

The thing with Jalen Carter is his character issues are looking suspiciously like McDowell's. He was called out for his lack of conditioning by his coach a year prior to his infamous "wind sprints" comment. He played only around 40 percent of the overall snap count on defense and even then he still mailed it in on many reps, not giving it is all. Constantly was out of breath even in the championship. In fact, in the game he looked pedestrian in general.

In addition to this, in the time he needs to focus on football the most he's off getting into car races and reckless speeding. The guy comes off as having an attitude of entitlement. The hype around the guy around here is completely unwarranted. I predict that he isn't even going to go in the top 10.

Last edited:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If I were a football player with an NFL career on the horizon and was out racing with a bunch of people and there was a wreck that I wasn't involved in aside from just being there, I probably wouldn't risk sticking around either.
The exact lack of character a team should avoid.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Especially if I were black and it was the south. People here are insinuating the cops covered for him; I'd be more concerned about the opposite. Every black man I know isn't hanging around anywhere the cops are showing up if they can help it.

We’ve already heard of another reckless driving incident that he skated on just this year. Odds are good more issues will come out as teams dig deeper.

Claims of systemic racism aside, are you seriously denying the existence of athlete privilege in an SEC college town? That wreaks on non-athlete fragility.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but just a few months before the fatal accident that Carter allegedly was involved in, he was given a speeding ticket for doing nearly twice the speed limit, 89mph in a 45 mph speed zone: