OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2codiz57 said:
semiahmoo":2codiz57 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2codiz57 said:
semiahmoo":2codiz57 said:
Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

Carry on...

Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.

Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.

He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:

Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1tl0168y said:
rcaido":1tl0168y said:
Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.
LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.

Very true - Wilson has many talents and I've never once questioned his desire/tenacity/grit/or his being a class act.

He's just the QB to lead this team to another SB run - but that's not entirely his fault either as I've repeatedly indicated in recent seasons.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":21ilo7ca said:
Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.
The second half of 2015 PROVES that this POST^^^^^ is full of dung.
Wilson WAS the leading rusher last season, hell, he was MORE THAN 80% of the entire Offense last year. :141847_bnono:

rcaido

Reaction score
scutterhawk":22mgeai5 said:
rcaido":22mgeai5 said:
Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.
LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.

Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2gnyfg3q said:
semiahmoo":2gnyfg3q said:
chris98251":2gnyfg3q said:
semiahmoo":2gnyfg3q said:
Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.

Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.

Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

Carry on...
No, YOU'RE the on that's "Carrying On"
People who piss & moan when we get a Road Win, and lose two STUD players in that game, are light weights.

:2thumbs: :0190l:

FYI: accuracy is now up to 99.07%.

All I've said has come to pass - even those things I didn't want to.

But that isn't important. A real-deal reset of this team is all that matters for it and the fans right now.

Time for Pete to go. Time for fresh faces (some of which are already here and showing promise)

I'm willing to give the next couple seasons of rebuilding a shot but before that happens people need to be willing to admit there's a problem - we're just not that good right now.

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
rcaido":1xeinegg said:
scutterhawk":1xeinegg said:
rcaido":1xeinegg said:

Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.

Fig Newton?

I miss those days when we had a real-deal rivalry with the Panthers. Those were good times.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3o8f270g said:
scutterhawk":3o8f270g said:
rcaido":3o8f270g said:

Very true - Wilson has many talents and I've never once questioned his desire/tenacity/grit/or his being a class act.

He's just the QB to lead this team to another SB run - but that's not entirely his fault either as I've repeatedly indicated in recent seasons.
I can only assume that you have another particular Quarterback in mind that could do the job better than Wilson?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":nhikbv60 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":nhikbv60 said:
semiahmoo":nhikbv60 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":nhikbv60 said:
Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.

Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

:177692: :177692: :177692:

MrThortan

Reaction score
All you have said has come to pass, like the declaration last year that it would Pete's last season if they didn't make a deep playoff run. Yet, here he is coaching again this year.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":uh647w85 said:
semiahmoo":uh647w85 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":uh647w85 said:
semiahmoo":uh647w85 said:

Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":3b0z87fg said:
scutterhawk":3b0z87fg said:
rcaido":3b0z87fg said:

I think you meant to say Wayne Newton, eh? LOLOL

rcaido

Reaction score
semiahmoo":j1dx7nai said:
rcaido":j1dx7nai said:
scutterhawk":j1dx7nai said:
rcaido":j1dx7nai said:

Fig Newton?

Hope that's not a bit of racism sneaking through there.

I miss those days when we had a real-deal rivalry with the Panthers. Those were good times.

How does that even come close to racism? Fig Newton..put pressure it crumbles.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":15mdfixt said:
Sox-n-Hawks":15mdfixt said:
semiahmoo":15mdfixt said:
Sox-n-Hawks":15mdfixt said:

Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...

You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
MrThortan":210ommdx said:
All you have said has come to pass, like the declaration last year that it would Pete's last season if they didn't make a deep playoff run. Yet, here he is coaching again this year.

Indeed - but oh man did that come close. (See: massive coaching staff turnover, subsequent confirmation of internal team issues far more rampant widespread than previously reported, etc.)

I love the team, warts and all - and that's why I am just keepin' it real.

Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":1golla6p said:
LOLOL yeah, I think I'll pass on his 99.07% "Keeping It Real" horse dung.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1aa8lhii said:
semiahmoo":1aa8lhii said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1aa8lhii said:
semiahmoo":1aa8lhii said:

You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.

Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":opb689sm said:
Sox-n-Hawks":opb689sm said:
semiahmoo":opb689sm said:
Sox-n-Hawks":opb689sm said:

Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... great QBs win championships/division titles... play in pro bowls and set team records. :sarcasm_on: I wish we could find someone like that. :sarcasm_off:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson is struggling because we are forcing him to do what he does not do well, while doing everything we can to diminish the value and impact (use) of what he does well.

Wilson throws well on the move. We keep him in the pocket.

He is a tremendous asset for his ability to do well under pressure but also his ability to improvise. We force him to be predictable.

He is a QB that does well by building into a rhythm. Until recently, we focused on boom/bust playcalls.

Wilson is not the problem. Pete is.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3tcpgtt1 said:
Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.

you honestly have no idea what you're looking at or what you're talking about. Wilson will end up in the HOF. Great QB with very few weapons right now.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
It's a trap to give the QB too much credit for winning, or conversely, so much blame for losing. Anyone with two eyes and a brain realizes that RW has some limitations, but also some pretty unique qualities that a lot of teams would kill for.

This thread brings up so many big-picture questions:
How many "great" QBs are in the NFL right now? How many of the teams with a great QB have won a recent Superbowl?
And Semiamoo, are you having fun?