America's Game - Seahawks. Who would you want to comment?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I would also like Duracell in it. I love Colman.
As far as the rest I would not mind anyone. This team has a lot of special characters, and I could listen to them all.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I love Russell n all, think he's the best QB ever (seriously), but I don't wanna hear him talk.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1fn6hpkx said:
Well I am sure that's the case doc. Just giving my opinion. When they first started doing those shows it was about older players and older teams. I guess they are doing them right away cause they are running out of history to talk about? To me its kinda weird to do a show that chronicles our superbowl season when it's still fresh in one's mind. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure the show will be cool and of course I'll watch.

I can respect that. I just wanted to make sure I had the timelines right for when this stuff comes out. Let's just say whenever they do it, for whom they have telling the story, I would opt for a couple of folks that aren't usually the spokesmen for the team to the media.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I want the waterboy....the one that handed the gatorade to Russ so he could toss it on PC. :p :lol:

A

Anonymous

Earl Thomas
Doug Baldwin
Pete Carroll

All three are extremely articulate. Thomas might discuss using terminology and buzz-words, but given his recent comments regarding his duty to the seasoned Hawks fan-base, I feel his contributions would be a fun watch.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
unless I'm mistaken, "America's Game" premiers the eve before the superbowl winner hosts the first game of the year so it would air on sept. 3rd.

as far as who would narrate it, i don't even know. You want guys that are able to talk about the interesting storylines and that dealt with adversity.

you can check the air dates here and who usually has narrated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_ ... _Champions

the pattern seems pretty consistent. QB, Coach, Defensive leader. Much like Superbowl MVP - take your pick. Sherman is the obvious choice, but to me the defensive leader is Earl.

I know everyone is tired of hearing wilson and his cliches but I dunno if I'm ever going to get tired of seeing a guy succeed where everyone said he'd fail, and do so in such a classy way.

Personally I can't wait for this even more than the superbowl dvd's. America's Game always does an amazing job of capturing the important parts. Hopefully ti's less an encapsulation of the season and more a telling of the past four years because i'm not sure you'll get a chance to see a more complete rebuilding job in the salary cap era.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Throwdown":2wobunek said:
Baldwin
Sherman
Carroll

That is what I would like to see and it seems legit. I can't imagine RW not being part of it, but ADB would be great. Maybe Carroll doesn't do it and RW does.

For narration I would like any of the following.

Morgan Freeman
Mark Wahlberg
DeNiro
Liotta
Ice-T
Heisenberg
Peter Dinklage
Charlie Sheen
Dave Mustaine
Ermey
Vin Diesel
Patrick Stewart
Tom Hanks

It's gotta be either shooting now or done already. Can't wait to have some Seahawks action cemented in NFL films history.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yeah, looking at it the format tends to be HC, Offensive and defensive player. Some of the dynasty teams don't follow it but at least one is the HC for every team.

Joey Porter was the guy for the 05 Steelers? What an overrated punk that did absolutely NOTHING in the Super Bowl. Peezy is a grade A Douche.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":27mb96ku said:
Yeah, looking at it the format tends to be HC, Offensive and defensive player. Some of the dynasty teams don't follow it but at least one is the HC for every team.

Joey Porter was the guy for the 05 Steelers? What an overrated punk that did absolutely NOTHING in the Super Bowl. Peezy is a grade A Douche.
I referred to him as Joey "the feline" Porter. Think of another word for feline though, used right before the word "cat".
yep, for all the pre-game talk, Walt and Futch made him disappear in XL*!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2e1qda5k said:
loafoftatupu":2e1qda5k said:

I referred to him as Joey "the feline" Porter. Think of another word for feline though, used right before the word "cat".
yep, for all the pre-game talk, Walt and Futch made him disappear in XL*!
When he responded to the Stevens comment (what was Jerramy really supposed to say to the question about Bettis? "Oh I think it is a great story that Jerome has the chance to win 8n his hometown"?)

Peezy turned a simple reply of confidence into some sort of personal attack, then in typical Peezy fashion started in with the tough talk. He asked

"who you want to go into a dark alley with you? Him or me?"

Now based on info I heard from a Seahawks employee, I would take Stevens 7 days a week. Stevens wouldn't just walk into the alley with his shirt pulled up, barking loudly.

"We are going to see how many guys we can get to tap out"

What kind of crap was that? Because Stevens didn't say the Steelers were going to win? At least Sherman talks about his play on the field, Peezy goes out with toughness comments, then just gets OWNED on the field. Did Peezy even play?

It was a poor choice for America's Game. Should have been Polamalu or the DB from Indy that let Roethlisraper tackle him on the fumble return.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's got to have Michael Bennett and Byron Maxwell. I love listening to those two talk. I don't know what it is but they are so laid back and funny in a unique way.

If you ever get the chance to listen to a BMax interview, he's pretty entertaining. Kind of a cross between Marshawn Lynch and Michael Bennett. I'll see if I can find the podcast from last year, it made me an instant fan.