An in-depth play-by-play look at our offensive game

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ttlmfv0 said:
DavidSeven":3ttlmfv0 said:
MontanaHawk05":3ttlmfv0 said:
It isn't about simple vs. complicated. Asking guys like Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Ricardo Lockette to win consistently on isolation concepts is not a formula for success.

Except for the fact that it has been a formula for success? Both in wins and statistics.

Are you saying you're entirely comfortable with what you saw against Detroit? Or that you see no room for improvement? Appealing blindly to results is not helpful.

"#1 in explosive plays" in this case is code for "Wilson got away from yet another sticky situation and found Baldwin for 40 yards." We're champions entirely because of Wilson's improvisational skills, and while I have no problem with it, I also understand the worry that it's going to get Wilson injured one of these days. That's the risk this system takes.

I thought the offense functioned well except for blitz adjustment, run blocking and failing to check out of certain runs. Things I said Wilson needs to grow at last week. As far as running into a stacked box, I'm not sure that's on the OC. He doesn't know how the personnel is going to line up when he calls in his play. QB needs to make a check if that's what he sees, and Wilson has the freedom to do that. With all that said, the Lions got three takeaways and skewed the results here. Seattle was close to blowing it wide open but for the turnovers. They moved the ball well on a number of series.

SEA was vulnerable to the corner blitz and Wilson held the ball too long at times, but we still could have saved him from a number of hits if the OL played better. I truly believe there is a deficiency in talent there that will be difficult to overcome whether or not we get right on the blitz pickups.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I would like Cable to tell the Oline, "I don't care if you block the wrong guy occasionally, but when you do KNOCK HIM ON HIS BUTT!"