Another Gentle Reminder...

two dog

Reaction score
What in the world is wrong with asking people to keep a civil tongue in their head ?

I think it's generally inarticulate people who fall back on personal invective in
an attempt to make their point.

netskier

Reaction score
Profanity is the last resort of the slow-thinking, poorly educated, low class,
inarticulate butt-heads

Just kidding. ;)

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
This has been a long time coming imo. I appreciate the direction. I have been attacked many times (especially when aros owned the site and I was a kid - and probably somewhat deserved it - in a kinder gentler way). I don't post often because of that. I have been guilty of some attacks as well but have stopped that nonsense. I don't do a very good job at it but I try to act like Radish... He was friendly and made this place worth visiting... Just like aros... I can't say the same for dfarrar even after more than 10 years (is he even around anymore). The Internet is often overloaded with opinions and attacks that are horrible... And it is very sad that people think they are being strong when acting this way in a place where there are usually no reprecussions. Having reprecussions, like the mods have decided to do is great... It's not like we can visit people at their homes to show them the price of speaking rudely... Thanks for the recent changes and tone mods... It is definitely appreciated by some here more than you know.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I actually see it as an improvement if personal attacks aren't allowed anymore. There is still room to have heated discussions and it isn't suddenly becoming so family friendly that Kam will go around and hug people instead of hitting them.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would like to point out how difficult it is to moderate the forums. I have seen this first hand. I personally have made it more difficult by contributing in ways in which I know go against the grain.

There are people here that are antagonists. That is where we, as users need to show restraint. This is me speaking from my experiences in all my years here.

If we're on here it means we are Seahawk fans, or trolls pretending to be Hawk fans., sometimes fans of other teams. Simply put, if someone is outside the rules, hit the report button, and once again KUDOS to ALL THE MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket

Reaction score
Laloosh":zzam38ur said:
Ith it too much to athk that we add "no talking thmack to people with lithps" to the litht of wules?
Ithn't that an inthult to people with dithabilities?

Exittium

Reaction score
Rocket":ys2nl0ho said:
LTH":ys2nl0ho said:
ok found another board you have been replaced...anyone that wants to come with me here it is

http://www.hawkshack.com/forum/viewforu ... 2db1d6f2da

good bye morons...

I believe that this child is upset.

... buahahahah, those baords are supposed to be better ? :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: thanks for the laugh.
those have been around for 2 years.. not even just short of, SO who here was banned around nov 2013 and started their own board? lol :sarcasm_on:

Exittium

Reaction score
Exittium":3ue7cf9d said:
Rocket":3ue7cf9d said:
LTH":3ue7cf9d said:
ok found another board you have been replaced...anyone that wants to come with me here it is

http://www.hawkshack.com/forum/viewforu ... 2db1d6f2da

good bye morons...

I believe that this child is upset.

... buahahahah, those baords are supposed to be better ? :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: thanks for the laugh.
those have been around for 2 years.. not even just short of, SO who here was banned around nov 2013 and started their own board? lol :sarcasm_on:

Reminder:: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on:
Lol

mikeak

Reaction score
Well since we are sharing our opinions. I don't really care one way or another about curse words but if the rule is don't use them then fine by me and I won't use them here. I can use them orally while typing and that works fine :D

With that said there are a lot of personal attacks that people would never do in real life. It isn't about wussification it is about getting a webforum to stick to the same rules that you would in society. If you sat with some random guy in a bar and discussed football you wouldn't take a disresptful tone or insult him just because you disagreed with him. It is about getting the forum here to align with a civil conversation as it would in real life.

If that is a wussification to anyone then I suggest they just go start a few real bar fights instead and when they had enough of that they post nicely......

rideaducati

Reaction score
Could you remove this emoticon :0190l: from the available emoticon list please?

titan3131

Reaction score
Personally I feel that censoring on the internet is a frivolous endeavor.

Reasonable rules imo is smack shack - Unrated

Main forum keeping it safe for work.

I dont know about you guys but Ive been watching rated r movies since I was 8. No matter what age you are if you let a individual on the internet no matter what age you are just opening the door to everything. Its like the war on drugs POINTLESS to try and censor.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3m1fobnx said:
Chawker":3m1fobnx said:
Where's Aretha when you need her.
Why do I get the references that the old guys always understand? Sigh

...because RESPECT is a pretty universally known song, even among youth?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Here let me jump in. People, you're supposed to say it like this:

"I disagree with that, and I'll tell you why you're an idiot."
"Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but you truly are an idiot."
"That is an interesting opinion, but I don't necessarily agree, I say that you are one stupendous ****ing idiot."
"Sweezy is good, but here are lineman I believe are much better, you idiot."

Laloosh

Reaction score
Rocket":2me7d682 said:
Laloosh":2me7d682 said:
Ith it too much to athk that we add "no talking thmack to people with lithps" to the litht of wules?

Naw, I just type like Daffy Duck speaks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Laloosh":3edt61h1 said:
Rocket":3edt61h1 said:
Laloosh":3edt61h1 said:

Naw, I just type like Daffy Duck speaks.

Well played. Trying to expand the fanbase to birds as well. Oregon Duck Fans will be happy.