Another Gentle Reminder...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
...and another thing....HH gave examples so that the understanding criteria could be more easily understood. Some humans and Romulans and Klingons are a tiny bit undereducated in the language, therefore miss opportunities to explain themselves explicitly. You can use those formats as a guide and fit what language you believe fits to that realm. The negative guidelines CROSS that border that most family friendly discussion allows....and that is THIS section of this forum. As Chris said, go to the other sections of this forum to dance your heart away....Rules are there for all of us. Be happy that we have a forum to discuss things civilized....I dont want this to become a webzone.

Go Hawks

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I get pretty discouraged posting on here. The last was the draft when I felt we needed to draft OL that actually play the position we need them for and not projects and additional cb help because of our losses and injuries. I was referred to as a mouth breather etc.. And insulted multiple times. And of corse got the we went to two Super Bowls argument. It was difficult to have a meaningful discussion. I am in favor of intelligent thoughtful conversation so I agree with the op for what it's worth.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2vhyfs78 said:
...and another thing....HH gave examples so that the understanding criteria could be more easily understood. Some humans and Romulans and Klingons are a tiny bit undereducated in the language, therefore miss opportunities to explain themselves explicitly. You can use those formats as a guide and fit what language you believe fits to that realm. The negative guidelines CROSS that border that most family friendly discussion allows....and that is THIS section of this forum. As Chris said, go to the other sections of this forum to dance your heart away....Rules are there for all of us. Be happy that we have a forum to discuss things civilized....I dont want this to become a webzone.

Go Hawks
+1

ivotuk

Reaction score
People tend to overreact when they read something that they don't like.

I don't see how not allowing one poster to attack other posters is an issue. What HoustonHawk is trying to communicate to those that don't want to hear it is this:

"Your attempts to circumnavigate the "no attacking other posters" rule by coming up with what you believe are unique and clever comebacks, has failed miserably. Cease and desist."

Policing this stuff gets tiresome because some people don't want to listen, so in order to prevent some of it, he's made a public service announcement. Apparently it is working, as I see some people stomping off in a huff yelling "you won't have me to kick around anymore!"

bmorepunk

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers:
SeaToTheHawks":38xxh8hq said:
Just more PC and everyone gets a trophy mentality. The wussification of this country is astounding. I don't think people need to be called names or people be cruel to each other, but to try patrol posts that say "WTF" or "that's stupid" is just absurd.

I walked up to this little girl and started calling her derogatory words, and her dad got angry. As he was attempting to jack me up, I informed him that the wussification of the country was obvious because of his lack of understanding of how politically correct he was being.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":10s7yrmu said:
SeaToTheHawks":10s7yrmu said:
Just more PC and everyone gets a trophy mentality. The wussification of this country is astounding. I don't think people need to be called names or people be cruel to each other, but to try patrol posts that say "WTF" or "that's stupid" is just absurd.

I walked up to this little girl and started calling her derogatory words, and her dad got angry. As he was attempting to jack me up, I informed him that the wussification of the country was obvious because of his lack of understanding of how politically correct he was being.

Yea, great great analogy. :sarcasm_on:

Being on an internet forum saying WTF, and walking up to a little girl next to her daddy and directing your comments to her. Yea, thats exactly the same. 100%. How stupid of SeaToTheHawks. How can he not see that seahawks.net is a little girl.

wait, that might have been his point. Seahawks.net wants to be treated like a little girl.

TAB420

Reaction score
Cartire":2o3gtrt7 said:
bmorepunk":2o3gtrt7 said:
SeaToTheHawks":2o3gtrt7 said:

Being on an internet forum saying WTF, and walking up to a little girl next to her daddy and directing your comments to her. Yea, thats exactly the same. 100%. How stupid of SeaToTheHawks. How can he not see that seahawks.net is a little girl.

wait, that might have been his point. Seahawks.net wants to be treated like a little girl.

I think what you meant to say, is although you appreciate his opinion, you would like to exercise your right to disagree.... :sarcasm_off:

HawksFan81

Reaction score
"Mortal Kombat, on Sega Genesis, is the best video game ever."
"I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever."
"Donkey Kong sucks."
"You know something? YOU SUCK!"

Cartire

Reaction score
HawksFan81":2k3t1sje said:
"Mortal Kombat, on Sega Genesis, is the best video game ever."
"I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever."
"Donkey Kong sucks."
"You know something? YOU SUCK!"

I honestly dont see how this conversation can go any other way. Houston, your logic is flawed.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cartire":3u8aao1p said:
bmorepunk":3u8aao1p said:
SeaToTheHawks":3u8aao1p said:

I respectfully disagree with your analysis of this tangent.

The post i responded to is a response to the OP by HH, which is a rather long monologue on being a jerk as opposed to having a discussion. If references to "WTF" were the primary sentence, then that would have been the primary point in that post; it wasn't. The primary point was a generalized disagreement with HH's assertion that people should stop treating each other like intellectually inferior individuals with inflammatory language.

The use of "PC" here (and worse the reference to "everyone gets a trophy") is completely inappropriate to the discussion HH started. The ridiculous example I made is proportionally ridiculous to the assertion that the mods' attempts to keep the discussion here rational and civil is somehow "PC".

I don't understand how people take things personally through the Internet, but they do. That's what gives jerks power on it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the reason Kearly stopped dropping his Random Thoughts threads last year is because some people can't tell the difference between talking about a game and discussing critical social or foreign policy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Houston has a point. There is just no reason to be insultive to another poster if you disagrees with what they post. A mark of intelligent posting is the ability to disagree without being nasty even if the person you disagree with may have stooped to that level. Ultimately sometimes you need to step back from a thread when some of the posters are insultive. There are ways they can be reminded this is a community of Seahawks fans who may all have differing perspectives and when they just don't get it they just may have a timeout. If all fails you can ignore the posters that get under your skin.

Some posters are over the top at times, some are blatant homers (I suppose I'm one), some are blockheads, some are genuinely nice, others very insightful and well worth reading. Some at times are funny as heck or truly exceptional or brilliant even. Let's remember we are all friends here, mostly all fans of the Hawks and clearly all passionate football fans. This place is supposed to be a fun place where we can talk Seahawks football and not snipe at other posters. Perhaps a few here need to take a deep breath or consider their words before posting them. It is worth remembering the words can hurt and the insult once made hard to take back.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Those of you who have seen my posts in the 'Shack and/or PWR Forum, know I have no fear of calling people out. I have no fear of insulting, calling names, etc. (Though I'll never talk about your Mom.)

But the Main Forum is for people of all ages. Many of our readers are under the age of 18. Many are here to exchange ideas and different thoughts on a topic without being overly aggressive...why chase these people out. So you can be a tuff guy on the Inet?

This forum isn't for harsh or insulting retorts...we have other forums for that.

Even comments about this Country being PC should be in PWR...that's what it's for!

Thanks HH, I'd love to see this forum return to what it used to be. :les:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Pretty simple rules, really. Aggressive behavior is a no-no. If you disagree with someone, be passive-aggressive instead. Trash their thread with unrelated stuff. That's accepted and even mod-endorsed. Try recipes for asparagus - that's always a hoot.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not without good reason that Seahawks.NET has been considered by many to be one of the best NFL forum communities on the Internet since 1998. The multitude of awesome volunteers since inception (1998) have always made it a priority to keep the forum a well ran machine. Where most forums disintegrate into worthless, name-calling, troll hang outs, the admins, mods and owners have always made sure that would never be the case here.

When I sold the site to Mark (RockHawk) back in 2010 or something like that, it was my hope and thought that he would carry on the tradition of upholding this forum community to the same manner it was ran before he was owner. He has not disappointed to say the very least.

I'm not sure how we've been so blessed to have such wonderful, intelligent, thoughtful and fair human beings keep this site the best NFL fan forum out there completely as volunteers but that is indeed the case. Mark and I both have no doubt if that was not the case, this site would have disappeared with the thousands of other NFL team fan sites that have come and gone over the past 17 years.

I've run out of ways to explain my profound and humble feelings for this site's continued growth and operation all these years later. It's truly the people that come here and call this place home. From the Alumni's to the newbies...We all have a sense of the special place this really is. It's our home. 17 years and going strong.

I salute each and every one of you (from ownership, volunteers to lurkers) that keeps this site's heart beating as strong and as proud as ever.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rocket":2jf7z04w said:
LTH":2jf7z04w said:
ok found another board you have been replaced...anyone that wants to come with me here it is

http://www.hawkshack.com/forum/viewforu ... 2db1d6f2da

good bye morons...

I believe that this child is upset.
Question to you? Are you a moron? I'm thinking not. You following me yet? Let him go if that's how he feels but nobody here better call someone else a moron in a discussion on a topic on my watch.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ith it too much to athk that we add "no talking thmack to people with lithps" to the litht of wules?