Another Gentle Reminder...

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
This thread isn't even off the front page and someone posts a big TL:DR picture on someone's well-considered and researched post.

Trashing someone's hard work is just as insulting and disrespectful as name calling, if not moreso. Post count is irrelevant - it's unacceptable.

If you want content here, you mods need to look out for the people providing it. Otherwise you just end up with a bunch of rude people trying to be cool by trashing others' opinions.

Laloosh

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":25e2t7lu said:
This thread isn't even off the front page and someone posts a big TL:DR picture on someone's well-considered and researched post.

Trashing someone's hard work is just as insulting and disrespectful as name calling, if not moreso. Post count is irrelevant - it's unacceptable.

If you want content here, you mods need to look out for the people providing it. Otherwise you just end up with a bunch of rude people trying to be cool by trashing others' opinions.

And it was addressed by a mod. Did you want them to tar and feather the poster as well? Sometimes "a gentle reminder" is just as effective as a sledge hammer.

It's also the over reactionary crowd that gets on people's nerves around here.

BTW - If anyone begins a long, in-depth post on any topic with the intention of posting it on a forum, they should sort of assume that at least one person is going to be dismissive or disrespectful at some point. Not saying it's right but it's also naive to think it can be eliminated.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It was addressed by a mod because I bothered to take action and point it out to the mods. Otherwise it would likely still be there.

I also made that post before it was addressed.

It was by a poster with a post count over 20,000, who should bloody well know better. A person with that many posts should be invested in this site, not bringing it down.

But that's just it - even the long-time veteran posters here feel free to trash on people's threads just because they don't like the topic or the way someone went about discussing the topic. It wasn't a post of disagreement, it offered no counter-argument, and it did not support discourse in any way.

It was just a person saying "I'm going to dump on this person's work just because I'm cool". It's childish playground bullying.

And it can absolutely be eliminated. We don't need anyone showboating about how cool they are on top of someone else's work. You dismiss it like it's OK or just a fact of life, but it's the very reason we don't have Kearly's thoughts after each game, so ask yourself - if this is a better site without such content?

I say no. i would much rather have someone go on for pages on the intricacies of playing guard in the NFL instead of another asinine jersey discussion or unrealistic trade scenario.

But if you chase off or allow to be chased off people who want to add actual content to this site, then you'll be left with a lot of rude people pretending to be cool by trashing each other with no actual substance. Is that what you want?

Apologies if I get on your nerves, but I've been a part of this site for a hell of a long time and I refuse to sit calmly while it gets taken over by people bullying others while cowering behind their shield of anonymity.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I find this thread the most interesting thread on the board that is not Kam related.
Internet rulz. A place where people often forgets how to not be a douche waffle.

Out of the communication styles. Use assertive communication. You respect what you have to say and others. Let's all hug it out and agree. :49ersmall:

pmedic920

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3vj6y6my said:
It was addressed by a mod because I bothered to take action and point it out to the mods. Otherwise it would likely still be there.

If y'all are talking about what I think you are.

I made my comment when I saw what was going on.
My comment was made more as a member than a mod. I had no idea, at the time that anything more was going on.

I think that we all would like more in depth/ quality Football talk even if we don't agree with the original post.
Fact of the matter is, quality breeds quality and crap encourages crap.
The whole point of this OP is, this is "our house" it is what we make it.
We are full of all shapes and sizes, folks from the left and folks from the right. Some see blue, some see purple.
What's really cool is, even though this is the internet, we are a big family up in here. We won't always see eye to eye but at the end of the day, we will have each other's back and treat one another with respect.
Occasionally one of us will push the limits with a joke/ humor. Sometimes one of us will have an off day and say something we wish we had said differently.
Try to remember that this is a Seahawks Fan site. We want everybody to feel comfortable in posting their thoughts and viewpoints. When I say everybody I mean everybody. The football purist, the Xs&Os guru as well as the 12 year old that just got to go to his first game, and we won't exclude fans from other teams.
This is "our house", treat it as your house and treat each other with the respect that you would want them to treat your loved ones with.
Seahawks.net will grow, flourish and continue to be Thee Best Dam Fan Site on the Internet.

With much love.
Lon.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Some folks have a problem with authority. I get it, but the mods here aren't heavy handed, I don't feel that's an accurate statement. I have noticed of late that there is some serious dbaggery going on with some posters. Opinions are just that, meant to be discussed and debated, it's kinda why we're all here isn't it? I truly hope that we don't lose good contributors over this trivial reminder...simmer down folks, nothing to see here...sheesh.

Oh and Go Hawks!

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

KiwiHawk":q0ebmre1 said:

It was by a poster with a post count over 20,000, who should bloody well know better. A person with that many posts should be invested in this site, not bringing it down.

But that's just it - even the long-time veteran posters here feel free to trash on people's threads just because they don't like the topic or the way someone went about discussing the topic. It wasn't a post of disagreement, it offered no counter-argument, and it did not support discourse in any way.

It was just a person saying "I'm going to dump on this person's work just because I'm cool". It's childish playground bullying.

And it can absolutely be eliminated. We don't need anyone showboating about how cool they are on top of someone else's work. You dismiss it like it's OK or just a fact of life, but it's the very reason we don't have Kearly's thoughts after each game, so ask yourself - if this is a better site without such content?

I say no. i would much rather have someone go on for pages on the intricacies of playing guard in the NFL instead of another asinine jersey discussion or unrealistic trade scenario.

But if you chase off or allow to be chased off people who want to add actual content to this site, then you'll be left with a lot of rude people pretending to be cool by trashing each other with no actual substance. Is that what you want?

Apologies if I get on your nerves, but I've been a part of this site for a hell of a long time and I refuse to sit calmly while it gets taken over by people bullying others while cowering behind their shield of anonymity.

Well, Kiwi, I sincerely hope that you see what we are trying to do here, because we like having you contribute. It's clear you take the time to gather your thoughts in a concise way, and you present them the same. Keep doing what you're doing.

And a tremendous shout-out to those who have been putting together great stuff lately too, awesome sauce!

I really don't think Peaches meant to ruffle any feathers, he is a terrific guy and we had the absolute best time screaming in the stands together in KC last season. Although a little dry sometimes, he is a very happy and comedic personality that loves the Hawks, and I'm positive he was just trying to be funny. In fact, his John Gruden impressions throughout that frigid game had me laughing so hard I spit out more beer than I swallowed.

You are right, the one-word posts get a little tiresome. I think that everyone has their moods and their moments and may (at times) forget where they are in here. It happens, but maybe our discussing it a little will bring a little more awareness to the situation and folks will be a bit more thoughtful to those who take things a notch more seriously. It is the cool thing to do.

Look, we are trying to do exactly what you are describing here, hence my message. We want nothing more than for our main Hawks forum to be a key destination in all of your lives, every day. We want badly for each of you to come to Seahawks.NET to escape from the BS, and not encounter any more of it. That is why we are doing what we are doing lately; trying to appeal to those that want to express themselves to do so and hoping others will allow them to do it.

We appreciate the responses from all of you, and want to extend our gratitude for sharing your thoughts on the subject. Our goal is to maintain the best place for Seahawks discussion anywhere, and to provide a discussion platform that does not discriminate or measure it's members in any way. No matter what your personal choices are or what your sex is, what your heritage or your nationality may be, you have a voice here and we are extremely proud to offer it to you. Do not be discouraged to join in conversation with us.

We are not asking for you to change who you are, just speak to each other with the same courtesy and respect you would to a valued client or a treasured loved one while in our main Hawks forum. That's all. If y'all want to get a little weird and mess with each other a bit, we have other forums for that stuff.

Keep calm, it's just the Seahawks! (in the main forum...)

Go Hawks!!!

Scott

Laloosh

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":37pxy3fa said:

My apologies for not checking the time stamps but I stand by my statement that (as unfortunate as it may be), you should probably be capable of ignoring some noise if you're going to invest any effort into a post that requires more than 10 minutes to write. Someone will likely open the door to your thread, fart and stroll on out.

I do agree that it's unnecessary but I also (just speaking for myself) would be capable of ignoring it because 99% of the responses in that thread, were positive or in direct response to the OP.

I use the term over reactionary because that's how I see it. You can put me in the group of people that are not happy to see an end to RT but you will never be rid of smart asses or trolls. I'd consider myself in the smart ass category but I do make a point to show some respect to fellow Seahawks fans and their posts.