Any word from Jimmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
He's likely too busy auctioning all of his NO memorabilia and erecting his portable Pete Carroll shrine.

What'd y'all expect? An "I'm Jimmy!" acceptance speech/media event streamed live at the Clink?
Give the dude a chance. He's a professional; he'll produce. Might even learn to like his new situation.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Mojambo":1le97l7p said:
I love my fellow 12's but gosh dang you can be a bunch of over-sensitive sissies sometimes,

The guy's got a tremendous amount of shit to deal with right now. It's likely that he doesn't have time to stroke the ego of the 12 at this point.

This guy gets it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If you have watched the seven minute video of Jimmy's childhood, you might understand how he is feeling about now. He was rejected by his own mother who drove him to the "orphanage" where she left him. Now, he has been rejected by the Saints, the place where he felt safe and accepted. I am sure that he is having "flashbacks" of his childhood. This trade might well produce some anxiety in him because he has been sent from New Orleans with it's Southern charm to South Alaska with a totally different "vibe". This change of scenery might well take some time for him to become adapted.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1hqc3gnb said:
If you have watched the seven minute video of Jimmy's childhood, you might understand how he is feeling about now. He was rejected by his own mother who drove him to the "orphanage" where she left him. Now, he has been rejected by the Saints, the place where he felt safe and accepted. I am sure that he is having "flashbacks" of his childhood. This trade might well produce some anxiety in him because he has been sent from New Orleans with it's Southern charm to South Alaska with a totally different "vibe". This change of scenery might well take some time for him to become adapted.

Please stop

FargoHawk

Reaction score
This thread is turning into an ugly HS level psychology class.

Rocket

Reaction score
My only real issue with Graham is that he ran, literally, from Kam and into Morgan.
At the time I was shocked. Still am. That just ain't right.

Taj2fN

That doesn't seem indicative of COM-PETE.
Sherman learned to lay the wood... happily,
and there's a LOT more Graham than there is Sherman.

We will see...

drdiags

Reaction score
Unger has a week to take his physical with the Saints, the deal may not be finalized for another 6 days.

Sac

Reaction score
It is indicative of a player that's playing with a seriously injured shoulder though. Smart to avoid Kam under those circumstances.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Rocket":2b0hk1t4 said:
My only real issue with Graham is that he ran, literally, from Kam and into Morgan.
At the time I was shocked. Still am. That just ain't right.

Taj2fN

That doesn't seem indicative of COM-PETE.
Sherman learned to lay the wood... happily,
and there's a LOT more Graham than there is Sherman.

We will see...

After the incident during the sideline before the game, and remembering that Kam is nothing to mess with I would run too. Look what happened to Vernon Davis' career after he got tattoo twice by Kam. I don't think he's ever really recovered from that. Like Kam say it's a "business decision".

There's alot of defensive players that don't even want to tackle Marshawn, they rather let him walk in.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
He is CLEARLY not happy about being traded/here, If you can't realize that you need to check your thinking. That said its unlikely it will drastically effect the team or his play, just a natural thing he will have to work out. whoever brought up the adoption thing is a genius totally true.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":29oom2vj said:
dbmack":29oom2vj said:
There is a mention on .com that Graham has reached out to the upset-with-trade little girl in the viral video to attend a game in Seattle.

Yea, he's already getting ready to be a Seahawk -- inviting that girl to his first home Seahawks game. Just give him a few days to adjust. Good grief.

No kidding. Social media is the Devil.

People want feedback or response right NOW. Holy hell, he found out on less than a day's notice he's moving 2000 mi. away. How about trying to find a place to live, getting with the Seahawks' FO for a physical, saying goodbye to his team mates, reaching out to Russel Wilson........but, but....he's not appeasing the fans !

Either that or he's scared shitless to face Kam, Bennett, and Bruce and trying to figure out how to go about the initial meeting of a new team that 24 hours ago punked him and called him soft and over rated. I'll reserve judgement for now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1ub2vhr3 said:
He is CLEARLY not happy about being traded/here, If you can't realize that you need to check your thinking. That said its unlikely it will drastically effect the team or his play, just a natural thing he will have to work out. whoever brought up the adoption thing is a genius totally true.

Yes.

Clearly.

Good Lord.

Sac

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3b0jyumi said:

I didn't know you were psychic. Give me teh lotto numbers, naow.

netskier

Reaction score
I read that he found out about the trade thru social media, in contrast to Unger who JS called first after making the trade. Even Brees was shocked to learn of the trade thru social media. Business decisions can be implemented courteously.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2rjcrn90 said:
TheRealDTM":2rjcrn90 said:

have you ever seen a player be traded before? I he reacting significantly differently from the majority. Not a word about the Seahawks new team etc. It seems no one ever consulted him which has to be jarring. The Seahawks publicly have stated they don't like him. It is bizarre, I would not be shocked if he fails the physical.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2u2c10lf said:
SacHawk2.0":2u2c10lf said:
TheRealDTM":2u2c10lf said:

have you ever seen a player be traded before? I he reacting significantly differently from the majority. Not a word about the Seahawks new team etc. It seems no one ever consulted him which has to be jarring. The Seahawks publicly have stated they don't like him. It is bizarre, I would not be shocked if he fails the physical.

Sometimes its better just to step away from the keyboard for awhile.

This may be the worst thread in .net history.

mikeak

Reaction score
One of the best TEs in the game just got traded. His team may not even have told him prior to doing so.

Just maybe he is just pissed at the team that got rid of him. Maybe he figures he has about 5 whole months to be happy about being a Seahawk but for the next week he will focus on being kissed at the saints

Maybe he will be so mad that we got another player with a chip on his shoulder. Thinking about it I hope he focuses on being pissed for abot another 10 months or so.....

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
mikeak":3a5a7fsu said:
One of the best TEs in the game just got traded. His team may not even have told him prior to doing so.

Just maybe he is just pissed at the team that got rid of him. Maybe he figures he has about 5 whole months to be happy about being a Seahawk but for the next week he will focus on being kissed at the saints

Maybe he will be so mad that we got another player with a chip on his shoulder. Thinking about it I hope he focuses on being pissed for abot another 10 months or so.....

this exactly. He is obviously effected emotionaly, its unlikely that will effect his play come week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.