Any word from Jimmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Here's what it is...the deal isn't official until the physical of Max Unger is completed...You won't see either guy make a statement about his new team until it's official.

Sac

Reaction score
lukerguy":1sz9rtdv said:
Here's what it is...the deal isn't official until the physical of Max Unger is completed...You won't see either guy make a statement about his new team until it's official.

Killjoy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1vxarm6l said:
He's still softy McSoft until he proves otherwise.

PROVE IT!

What if his mom stopped by an oprhanage when he was 11 and told him to, "Get Out"

Still calling him soft?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1g3wfjo0 said:
This seems so wrong. None of this feels right. I hated this guyyyyyyyy :thfight7:
I only hated him because he wasn't a Seahawk, and he said some dumb things here 'n there. I can get over that pretty easy.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Basis4day":2vfyf0hd said:
NFSeahawks628":2vfyf0hd said:

PROVE IT!

What if his mom stopped by an oprhanage when he was 11 and told him to, "Get Out"

Still calling him soft?

Acting like it's some miracle he's here today. Unfortunately, things like that are more common than you'd think and often times worse.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2fvyx8ym said:
Basis4day":2fvyx8ym said:
NFSeahawks628":2fvyx8ym said:

PROVE IT!

Still calling him soft?

Acting like it's some miracle he's here today. Unfortunately, things like that are more common than you'd think and often times worse.

You sound pretty callous. It may happen a lot more than we think, but having your parents not love you and completely abandon you is a tragedy no one should face. The fact that he has a clean criminal history and is a professional football player and pilot is pretty remarkable.

CHawK247

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2l3h1vm6 said:
Basis4day":2l3h1vm6 said:
NFSeahawks628":2l3h1vm6 said:

PROVE IT!

Still calling him soft?

Amen. And you could have a hard upbringing and let it reflect in the way you play #24. Or you could like Kam said, make "business decisions" like Jimmy. Either way you will be judge.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He had an injured shoulder last year, which likely contributed to that "business decision" when he tried to avoid Kam. Live for the next play. No good to the team on the trainer's table.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ade1lfh said:
TheRealDTM":1ade1lfh said:
SacHawk2.0":1ade1lfh said:
TheRealDTM":1ade1lfh said:
He is CLEARLY not happy about being traded/here, If you can't realize that you need to check your thinking. That said its unlikely it will drastically effect the team or his play, just a natural thing he will have to work out. whoever brought up the adoption thing is a genius totally true.

I didn't know you were psychic. Give me teh lotto numbers, naow.

have you ever seen a player be traded before? I he reacting significantly differently from the majority. Not a word about the Seahawks new team etc. It seems no one ever consulted him which has to be jarring. The Seahawks publicly have stated they don't like him. It is bizarre, I would not be shocked if he fails the physical.

Sometimes its better just to step away from the keyboard for awhile.

This may be the worst thread in .net history.

this x1000. good lord! the gd trade isn't even final. unger still has to take his physical. why would he address the fans/media when it's not a done deal?? FFS chill out with the community college psychology. freaking embarrassing.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
lukerguy":3rk6cdd2 said:
Pie Romania":3rk6cdd2 said:
Basis4day":3rk6cdd2 said:
NFSeahawks628":3rk6cdd2 said:

PROVE IT!

Still calling him soft?

You sound pretty callous. It may happen a lot more than we think, but having your parents not love you and completely abandon you is a tragedy no one should face. The fact that he has a clean criminal history and is a professional football player and pilot is pretty remarkable.

Not callous. I have a better understanding of situations of that nature than most. My response was rude (my bad), but the constant talk about his childhood is irrelevant and frankly annoying. If he's at all comparing the trade to what he experienced in his youth, then it is what it is. Bringing it up like he's some wounded duck needing to be protected and coddled is ridiculous though. It's said countless times every single season, but the NFL is a business and if he hadn't anticipated something like this happening at any given moment in the NFL, then his ignorance is the issue, not his childhood. On a side note, at least his mother let him out of the situation. A lot of scumbag parents will fight to keep their children in abusive situations. Flip the situation around and while I'd want to bring awareness to situations like that, I'd hope my past isn't brought up incessantly in trivial matters such as this.

Again, my bad for being rude with the reply, but the route the thread had taken had me extremely annoyed. I don't care if he likes the move or not; He's getting paid to perform regardless of the jersey he wears. If he didn't want to play for any other team, he should have accepted less overall money last year to stay in New Orleans and added some sort of no-trade clause to the contract while bumping up the guaranteed money. I just look forward to seeing our offense this next year if we address the offense heavily in the draft, add some rotational/depth d-linemen, and a nickel/slot or project corner. We haven't had a receiving talent like Graham in a long time. I'm done with the topic though. No need to drag the BS on.

TahoeHawk

Reaction score
I think J. Graham will do just fine in Seattle, although (as we ALL know) he'll obviously be expected to block a bit more in Seattle's scheme.

I was stoked to hear former Seahawk Heath Evans say (essentially), "With Jimmy Graham, other teams are going to have it much harder to 'put 8 in the box' against Seattle ... which should make for more rushing lanes for Marshawn Lynch."

Hawks46

Reaction score
netskier":3to1kxbv said:
I read that he found out about the trade thru social media, in contrast to Unger who JS called first after making the trade. Even Brees was shocked to learn of the trade thru social media. Business decisions can be implemented courteously.

That is factually incorrect. Per John Schneider, he called Unger first, then he called Graham. He said that Loomis had done the same thing and called Graham first so Jimmy heard it from his GM first and not anywhere else. Schneider said that Jimmy was "shocked but excited".

Graham is a pilot, and had piloted his own plane to West Florida and was literally relaxing on the beach when he got the call that he was traded.

So my analogy is that you're on a beach, completely relaxed and detoxing from the football season and recharging your batteries. Somone walks up to you and offers you a cold soda. As you reach for it, he then kicks you square in the nuts and dumps the soda on your head.

That probably is about what it felt like to get that call. From complete relaxation to a kick in the nuts and a total change of situation and environment. He may not even have had time to ponder all the crap the Seahawks defense has talked about him, but I'm sure it's something of a factor.

Rocket

Reaction score
sc85sis":34ujauat said:
He had an injured shoulder last year, which likely contributed to that "business decision" when he tried to avoid Kam. Live for the next play. No good to the team on the trainer's table.

I guess I'm just spoiled by the actions of the LOB in the Superbowl re: injury. Or of the Beast, who arguably plays with an injured back all the time...
Yeah, I'm spoiled.

We will see.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
FormerEvil":s0sggj5w said:
https://twitter.com/TheJimmyGraham

you guys happy? geez

:lol:

Dude got his priorities mixed up on twitter.

His priorities should be as followed:

1. Learning to catch the fade from Wilson
2. Learning to catch the fade from Irvin
3. Blocking for Marshawn

Then piloting.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawk! Private Pilot

That's the status changed on his twitter, man of a few words more about dat action

lukerguy

Reaction score
As I mentioned, Paul Allen announced he's officially a Seahawk, less than 30 minutes later he changed his Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts