Anyone else worried about this game?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
IDK why, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. On paper and how the season has gone we should be able to beat the Rams. I'm still nervous about it. Cheap shots, bad officiating, Russ not being on his game, a lot of shit could play into it. I hope we win and we have every chance to going in, but for some reason this game worries me more than usual.

Even should we lose it, I think we recover fine next game.

Then again, we seem to be damn hard to beat on the road this year.....

seahawksny

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":ynfkjn1u said:
IDK why, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. On paper and how the season has gone we should be able to beat the Rams. I'm still nervous about it. Cheap shots, bad officiating, Russ not being on his game, a lot of $h!t could play into it. I hope we win and we have every chance to going in, but for some reason this game worries me more than usual.

Then again, we seem to be damn hard to to beat on the road this year.....

Ram fans I'm sure have just as much, if not more worry, because of our 6-0 road record

Seanhawk

Reaction score
We should be worried about every game. Especially a division game on the road. The Seahawks have a 36 point differential on the season. The SEASON. Playing at such a thin margin means the game can go either way.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Rams are good with a ton of talent at their place in primetime. Rams will get thrashed.

Really this is going to be a very tough game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Their offensive line is missing 3 starters and those back ups stink. They will have to throw a lot of quick slants or screens to have a hope in beating Seattle.

Then they have to stop our rushing attack...Good luck with that. Minny had the #6 rushing defense and we ran for over 200. When they cheat up to stop the run, we play action them into oblivion. Hawks win this easily.

xray

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2hjbznd2 said:
We should be worried about every game. Especially a division game on the road. The Seahawks have a 36 point differential on the season. The SEASON. Playing at such a thin margin means the game can go either way.
I have been lectured in here about being worried or skeptical most weeks this season . The 36 point differential over 12 games is exactly why ! Some in here think the razor close games are by design .

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
No.

What worries me?

Another DAMNED backup QB game. Playing against Carolina with a 2nd string QB. Thank goodness we have Diggs and our defense is gelling.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":29mzfvtq said:

Even if they had a big point differential and they were playing the team with the worst record at home, it's just amazingly stupid to not think that losing is a reasonable possibility. Washington is going to Green Bay this week; if that game were played independently 1,000 time, Washington probably wins it at least 100 of those times. And the Seahawks going into LA? Seattle probably doesn't win 500 of those games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Worried? No. Expecting a game that could go either way? Absolutely.
It's more excitement than worry. Nervous as always, that never changes. I think the Rams are still a good team, and they have a lot more to play for in this game imo. I'm more stoked than I am worried. But I also am very aware that this Rams team is dangerous. But you know what? So are the Hawks.
The only differential that matters is that the Hawks are 8 games over .500. Point differential is a lame stat to dwell on. Three of the games, they had a good lead (Philly, Minny and Atlanta) and the opponents scored a bunch of garbage time points. It does NOT matter how they win, or by how much. You either win or your don't, no style points in the NFL. We all look at it our own way, but this fascination with HOW the team wins or by how much is a waste of energy. So now winning isn't good enough? Meh

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If you aren't worried about every game being a potential loss, you are a Pats fan, not a Seahawks fan. We've been playing down to the oppositions level for years, including the vaunted 2013 team.

So I'm always nervous about each week's games as there are any number of ways you can lose a game in the NFL that have nothing to do with talent and coaching. Turnovers, refs, weather are all luck based variables that can turn the tide in a close matchup.

Of course that's why I've been harping on never cheering for a close division rival to win until you've guaranteed your division.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nervous, Worried, anxious.....Whatever you want to call it, every game you get those butterflies regardless what you call it. I just don't assume losses, I would rather have big time confidence for wins.
That being said, I'm actually more concerned about this game than I was the Vikings. Hawks win at the final gun w/yet another game winner by Myers. The nervous excitement is all part of sports. Including getting maybe 2 or 3 hours of sleep the night before a game. It happens every single time...…...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":1l9vyuvg said:
No, not at all.

Yeah why would you worry about a well coached super talented team that's given us fits every game that's fighting for their playoff lives at home on primetime.

Pfffft!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I echo Soulfish, not really worried, anxious maybe I suppose.

The Rams have a lot on the line on Sunday and are smarting over the close L in Seattle. The Hawks D has improved significantly since that game.

I expect a close game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, just the thought of ever going up against Aaron Donald is scary. That guy is already an all time great imo.
Also, they have Ramsey now and seem to be using Gurley more. And we all know what Kupp can do. The thing I'm NOT even close to worried about is Goff. He is about as bad as we have seen in a long time, when it comes to choking if you pressure him. It's not just my opinion, it has been talked about a lot this year. Pressure him and his throws are brutal.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
seahawksny":2a9hrb8e said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2a9hrb8e said:
IDK why, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. On paper and how the season has gone we should be able to beat the Rams. I'm still nervous about it. Cheap shots, bad officiating, Russ not being on his game, a lot of $h!t could play into it. I hope we win and we have every chance to going in, but for some reason this game worries me more than usual.

Ram fans I'm sure have just as much, if not more worry, because of our 6-0 road record

Nah the 6-0 on the road doesn't bother me. Hell, this will be much less of a road game than any other game the Hawks have played this year - between LA fans not showing up and some Seattle fans making the trip.

The only reason I'm worried is because we have no safety net - one more loss and the season is over. That and Russell Wilson.

He is the ultimate equalizer, but I still just think the Rams are more talented than Seattle. And even with what happened two weeks ago against the Ravens, this is the best run defense we've had under McVay. We also have the most sacks in the NFL since we acquired Ramsey.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we seem to hear a lot about an opponent having a "great run defense" only to see the Hawks put up 175 to 200+ yards rushing up. This team can run against ANY team in the NFL.

justafan

Reaction score
I worry about every game. Even the Cards game. If I didnt I probably wouldnt watch.
Every game from here on out has playoff and SB implications.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1cptb6tf said:
seahawksny":1cptb6tf said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1cptb6tf said:

Nah the 6-0 on the road doesn't bother me. Hell, this will be much less of a road game than any other game the Hawks have played this year - between LA fans not showing up and some Seattle fans making the trip.

The only reason I'm worried is because we have no safety net - one more loss and the season is over. That and Russell Wilson.

He is the ultimate equalizer, but I still just think the Rams are more talented than Seattle. And even with what happened two weeks ago against the Ravens, this is the best run defense we've had under McVay. We also have the most sacks in the NFL since we acquired Ramsey.

Posts like this are hilarious. Trying to downplay a perfect road record at this stage of the season is foolish at best. Especially since 4 of those wins are 10:00 a.m. Eastern time starts with one being flexed out of prime time.

This Seahawks team is much better defensively than the Thursday night game and they have confidence. Ansah barely played, Reed was OUT, and Clowney was all the Hawks had on the D-Line. We had Tedric friggin Thompson at FS, now we have Diggs who has elevated the play of McDougald, also the LB's are playing to their potential....As I said before if the wittle wambs can't execute screens or quick slants they are simply toast.