Anyone else worried about this game?

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I guess I just have the feeling this will play out in one of two ways.

A. We play bad to start, get behind at half, rally, take the lead, only to be defeated by a field goal and bad clock management.

or:

B. We pretty much dominate them most of the game, let them mount a partial comeback in the 2nd half, but maintain to win.

I suppose it's possible they control the game all the way through, but I really think one of the first two scenarios more likely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Many Seahawks fans in a nutshell: The Seahawks won, but...……..

over and over and over again. New flash: The Hawks are a damn good football team. And they certainly can get a lot better going in to the playoffs. IF they stay away from the sloppy turnovers and/or penalties, they are a true contender.

10-2, winning really sucks :stirthepot:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Largent80":30fd4m1m said:
Ramfan128":30fd4m1m said:
seahawksny":30fd4m1m said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":30fd4m1m said:
IDK why, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. On paper and how the season has gone we should be able to beat the Rams. I'm still nervous about it. Cheap shots, bad officiating, Russ not being on his game, a lot of $h!t could play into it. I hope we win and we have every chance to going in, but for some reason this game worries me more than usual.

Even should we lose it, I think we recover fine next game.

Then again, we seem to be damn hard to to beat on the road this year.....

Ram fans I'm sure have just as much, if not more worry, because of our 6-0 road record

Nah the 6-0 on the road doesn't bother me. Hell, this will be much less of a road game than any other game the Hawks have played this year - between LA fans not showing up and some Seattle fans making the trip.

The only reason I'm worried is because we have no safety net - one more loss and the season is over. That and Russell Wilson.

He is the ultimate equalizer, but I still just think the Rams are more talented than Seattle. And even with what happened two weeks ago against the Ravens, this is the best run defense we've had under McVay. We also have the most sacks in the NFL since we acquired Ramsey.

Posts like this are hilarious. Trying to downplay a perfect road record at this stage of the season is foolish at best. Especially since 4 of those wins are 10:00 a.m. Eastern time starts with one being flexed out of prime time.

This Seahawks team is much better defensively than the Thursday night game and they have confidence. Ansah barely played, Reed was OUT, and Clowney was all the Hawks had on the D-Line. We had Tedric friggin Thompson at FS, now we have Diggs who has elevated the play of McDougald, also the LB's are playing to their potential....As I said before if the wittle wambs can't execute screens or quick slants they are simply toast.

Nowhere did I downplay the perfect road record? It just doesn't worry me.

Seattle has a better road record than home record, but I doubt any team would say "you know, I'd rather play in Seattle" - you guys may not be as loud as you used to be, but it's still a top 5 home field advantage in the NFL.

This game is probably a toss up - but I don't think it has anything to do with Seattle playing well on the road. It has to do with Russell Wilson.

And "wittle wambs" is a little over the top.

Largent80

Reaction score
The 6-0 road record doesn't bother me...LOL WHAT?.......Being undefeated on the road means nothing?

let me add......Your offensive line regressing doesn't bother you while the Seahawk defense in improving weekly doesn't bother you?

The Seahawks running game run up almost 400 yards vs. 2 of the best run defenses in the league back to back?

You are in for a rough Sunday night. Better hit the liquor store before the game. You are going to need it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":28d7rea2 said:

A. We play bad to start, get behind at half, rally, take the lead, only to be defeated by a field goal and bad clock management.

or:

B. We pretty much dominate them most of the game, let them mount a partial comeback in the 2nd half, but maintain to win.

I suppose it's possible they control the game all the way through, but I really think one of the first two scenarios more likely.

That sounds like every game for the Hawks over the last 5 years. Not really going out on a limb. "Something that always happens is likely to happen again"

I mean other than that 2017 blowout, every Rams game has been a nail biter so it's realistic to expect that. I'm hoping however that we deliver to the Rams what they delivered to us 2 years ago. That would be sweet justice.

As kindly as Pete seems, when it comes to other coaches making him look foolish, he's more than happy to offer a little payback. Queue the Top Hat Pete GIF.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":gni7bihu said:
Largent80":gni7bihu said:
Ramfan128":gni7bihu said:
seahawksny":gni7bihu said:
Ram fans I'm sure have just as much, if not more worry, because of our 6-0 road record

Nah the 6-0 on the road doesn't bother me. Hell, this will be much less of a road game than any other game the Hawks have played this year - between LA fans not showing up and some Seattle fans making the trip.

The only reason I'm worried is because we have no safety net - one more loss and the season is over. That and Russell Wilson.

He is the ultimate equalizer, but I still just think the Rams are more talented than Seattle. And even with what happened two weeks ago against the Ravens, this is the best run defense we've had under McVay. We also have the most sacks in the NFL since we acquired Ramsey.

Posts like this are hilarious. Trying to downplay a perfect road record at this stage of the season is foolish at best. Especially since 4 of those wins are 10:00 a.m. Eastern time starts with one being flexed out of prime time.

This Seahawks team is much better defensively than the Thursday night game and they have confidence. Ansah barely played, Reed was OUT, and Clowney was all the Hawks had on the D-Line. We had Tedric friggin Thompson at FS, now we have Diggs who has elevated the play of McDougald, also the LB's are playing to their potential....As I said before if the wittle wambs can't execute screens or quick slants they are simply toast.

Nowhere did I downplay the perfect road record? It just doesn't worry me.

Seattle has a better road record than home record, but I doubt any team would say "you know, I'd rather play in Seattle" - you guys may not be as loud as you used to be, but it's still a top 5 home field advantage in the NFL.

This game is probably a toss up - but I don't think it has anything to do with Seattle playing well on the road. It has to do with Russell Wilson.And "wittle wambs" is a little over the top.
This is my thought and to me RW is due for a big game..
He has not been lightning it up for past 3 games or so and that to me means he's only due
to have a big one.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bd4un6e said:
Hey, I'm just looking forward to a bunch of posts next week saying The Hawks Won, but...……..

and we all look forward you pre and post discussing it every week

WarHawks

Reaction score
Nope. Not worried. This is the Hawks' year. They are going to go to LA and get the job done, and keep doing that all the way through the SB. 1-0 every week. They don't lose in prime time. They got this.

xray

Reaction score
WarHawks":1r62scpu said:
Nope. Not worried. This is the Hawks' year. They are going to go to LA and get the job done, and keep doing that all the way through the SB. 1-0 every week. They don't lose in prime time. They got this.
I will acknowledge the SB champs ; whoever that is after that game . Guess I'm just a " negative nancy " . :D

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
After seeing him get overpowered a few times, especially early in games, the vision of Donald running over Hunt scares me,

Tusc2000

Reaction score
We're on a roll and the Rams are not. But after getting humiliated on national TV by Baltimore, I think the Rams are now playing with a chip on their shoulder. And the Rams are well aware they lost our last match-up by inches. If they want to make the playoffs L.A. has to play at a high level in every single game, no margin for error. So yeah, this game is a concern.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":1pcadaw0 said:
Their offensive line is missing 3 starters and those back ups stink. They will have to throw a lot of quick slants or screens to have a hope in beating Seattle.

Then they have to stop our rushing attack...Good luck with that. Minny had the #6 rushing defense and we ran for over 200. When they cheat up to stop the run, we play action them into oblivion. Hawks win this easily.
Rob, I do get what you’re saying but we have won ONLY ONE game easily this season. ONE!
The cardiac kids will give us another near heart attack again Sunday night. Book it. FWIW I am not saying they will lose.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3g4v15bm said:
Largent80":3g4v15bm said:
Their offensive line is missing 3 starters and those back ups stink. They will have to throw a lot of quick slants or screens to have a hope in beating Seattle.

Then they have to stop our rushing attack...Good luck with that. Minny had the #6 rushing defense and we ran for over 200. When they cheat up to stop the run, we play action them into oblivion. Hawks win this easily.
Rob, I do get what you’re saying but we have won ONLY ONE game easily this season. ONE!
The cardiac kids will give us another near heart attack again Sunday night. Book it. FWIW I am not saying they will lose.

Its just not about how easy they win. The Hawks have had teams on the ropes, even big leads in a few games. It is 100% Pete Carroll Process. He does it everytime we have a monster lead, he opens the middle of the field and the other team takes it, with the young secondary it often results in a coupole scores and allows the other team back in the game at the expense of clock. The Atlanta win and the Vikes games both turned out that way. The earlier Rams game had a halftime snafu that ended up being a 10 point swing for the Rams, the Hawks were poised to put them down prior to that. The first part of the season, the defense had no idea how things would look, the secondary is STILL young but they are making plays on the ball now rather than just tackling after the ball is caught. The D-Line is playing MUCH better, they have missed some tackles behind the LOS but they are getting there now and they are also getting pressure on the QB. This didn't hurt Cousins too much because he was doing nothing but screens and dumpoffs for the most part but Goff? He is a slinger that needs protection and time, not a mover. They can't go deep with pressure getting to them quickly and when he tries he won't be throwing to a WR that has a 6 yard cushion.

I still worry about all of the games though. :)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Rams are a team that can beat anyone, Seahawks are a team more likely to beat anyone at the moment.

Seahawks won't be sleeping, I predict a turnover party for the good guys, and a win.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2ogrs87n said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2ogrs87n said:

or:

That sounds like every game for the Hawks over the last 5 years. Not really going out on a limb. "Something that always happens is likely to happen again"

I mean other than that 2017 blowout, every Rams game has been a nail biter so it's realistic to expect that. I'm hoping however that we deliver to the Rams what they delivered to us 2 years ago. That would be sweet justice.

As kindly as Pete seems, when it comes to other coaches making him look foolish, he's more than happy to offer a little payback. Queue the Top Hat Pete GIF.

While you're correct my prediction is very "safe", I guess I will say my big worry is Wilson's mistake free season. All QBs have bad games and throw picks, fumble the ball. I just worry he's due for a few botches, and the Rams have real reason to want this one. I just hope the law of averages does not catch up and give Russell a bad game.

Great as Russ is, he has his bad days and he is kinda due for one. If so though I'd much rather it happen before the post season, to "get it out of the way". I'd rather he have a stelalr MVP season all the way through, and I know he's that talented. I also know how unlikely totally mistake free football is for anyone this late in the season.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I need Seattle to win for 3 big reasons.

1) A win guarantees Seattle a playoff spot.
2) A win means they sweep the Lambs for the first time since 2013.
3) Most importantly, a win eliminates the Lambs from postseason contention.

Latest posts