Anyone tired of hearing people talk about Mahomes

NoGain

Reaction score
He might well be the best QB in NFL history. People talked about Michael Jordan all the time. Because he was the best. That's what people talk about. It's a privilege to sit on our couches and watch someone perform at that level.

calinator

Reaction score
Don't be mistaken. The NFL HOF unlike the MLB HOF is not based on longevity which is good. Look at Terrell Davis. If Mahomes retired tomorrow he is 100% a HOF'er with his accolades he's had this early in his career. The second superbowl win sealed the deal and I was rooting for the Eagles.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I could do without all the talking heads fellating him 24/7 but whatever.

I remember in the New Orleans SB, the announcers had just pulled Peyton Manning's dong from their throats when he threw an absolutely atrocious interception. It was a magical moment.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mahomes has already cemented his spot in the HOF. All it takes for a QB is 2 rings. Throw in the MVPs, and it's not debateable. Throw in the rest of his accolades and accomplishments, and it becomes a question of whether it's a 1st ballot induction. Almost certainly it is.

Just sit back and enjoy greatness, even if you dislike the person for some reason. The question of whether his success, and his potential as rhe GOAT, is on the coat tails of Reid will be answered soon enough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jealousy basically. He's one of the best of all time, period. Whatever happened to just enjoying greatness on the field? A lot more time is spent downplaying greatness these days than just enjoying what we are seeing. And he's a good dude too, which makes it better. And it's not HIS fault if the media talks about him all the time. Look what he's done in his career already.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm not looking for advice on how to avoid it. I already know how to do that. I would just prefer that the talking heads talked more about football, so that I can enjoy what is on TV when it's on. I'm not going to constantly mute the broadcasr during games, and I don't have control of ESPN when I go to a bar after work to have a beer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. But it's never going to change. They worship QB's, it's always been that way and always will be. It's not the player's fault though.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The ones I'm tired of seeing are the Manning brothers, They are everywhere, all over the TV and written word. I wish they would just go away. Their time has passed, go spend your money...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My admiration for Mahomes dimmed a bit with the “I’m going to Disneyland” postgame comment that went into a Disney commercial the next day.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hasn't every super bowl MVP, except Ray Lewis, said that since Eisner cooked up the idea, and had Phil Sims say it, in Super Bowl 21?

I dont Remember anyone saying it, but clearly Mahomes had product placement in mind. Disneyland’s never used an ad like that the next day.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm not tired of it. I really enjoy greatness and root for greatness - there's too much mediocre out there, and watching him feels like 3 hours of my time well spent. And on top of that he's incredibly likeable.

2 Super Bowls and 2 MVPs in his first 5 seasons. Easy 1st ballot HOF.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I dont Remember anyone saying it, but clearly Mahomes had product placement in mind. Disneyland’s never used an ad like that the next day.

Disney has had a player say it, and used an ad like that, the next day, since Sims did it in 1987. Looks like the Covid Bowl was the only time it didn't happen, and even then they had a player do it the next day. Ray Lewis didn't say it in '05, but they had another player say it.

Here is Malcolm Smith's ad from XLVIII

If you look at the videos below that, there are several from various years.

I'm not sure if the ad was broadcast the night of the Super Bowl, or not until the next day, but it was viewable online, on Feb 2nd, immediately following the game.

On Monday Feb 3, Smith went to Disney World, and was featured in a parade.

Donn2390

Reaction score
My admiration for Mahomes dimmed a bit with the “I’m going to Disneyland” postgame comment that went into a Disney commercial the next day.
So you would complain if some company wanted to dump a basket full of money on your head? Getting stupid money for making a comment is just one of the perks of being a star QB..

Latest posts