Apple Cup Thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
And another idiotic Browning turnover in a crucial situation. Talk about unclutch, this guy is it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
WSU got outcoached tonight unfortunately. Peterson had UW prepared for a snow gameplan and ran the ball hard all night. Leach had seemingly no plan B at all for the adverse weather.

A real shame for us Coug fans. This had appeared to be the best WSU team perhaps ever and yet another disappointment came.

Crizilla

Reaction score
not shocked at all by this. Bad matchup for WSU. Crazy to think UW can go out as Rose Bowl champs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":3knxam27 said:
not shocked at all by this. Bad matchup for WSU. Crazy to think UW can go out as Rose Bowl champs.
I’m a little shocked WSU didn’t put up more points. As a UW fan I respect the hell out of Mike Leach and what he has done to get WSU to the 10-1 record previous to today, and how he has brought that program back, but as one of the WSU fans said in this thread he didn’t seem to have a backup plan of plan A wasn't working.

Tough loss for the Cougs but as long as the pirate is there, you guys will be in the running.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nice game for the Huskies. Coulda/shoulda season for them in retrospect.

More a question than a statement... but mike leach seems a bit overrated.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Crizilla":3brsdkw5 said:

Wait, UW to the Rose bowl? That would be nice.

But don't they have to beat Utah in the Pac-12 championship game?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":2gfqpz05 said:
Crizilla":2gfqpz05 said:

That's kind of a given... :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
raisethe3":s99gt8xn said:
Crizilla":s99gt8xn said:

Yes the do. I think the keyword in his post was “can”. :)

DJrmb

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":d9mks5cs said:
From Moon to Tui and then...

Crickets.

Thinking about it...

I think Tui was the last gamer the Huskies had at QB.
Cody Pickett was after Tui and was an excellent QB for UW and owned many of the QB records untill Browning recently. Jake Locker was also a very good college QB, and very much a gamer.

Threedee

Reaction score
What's the deal with UW buses lately? There was the basketball team's bus fire incident from ten days ago, and then the marching band's bus accident from last night.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
That was a fun game. Happy I was watching on TV and not there.

Washington handled Utah earlier in the year with a two-TD win. But Utah has actually been better since losing its starting QB.

The Utes new freshman QB Jason Shelley is very fast, elusive, shows poise in the pocket, and has a great arm. I would compare him to a young Russell Wilson, but the accuracy isn’t there yet to make that comparison valid.

That’s going to be a great game on Friday night. Utah still has a tough one against BYU, while Washington can celebrate and rest for an extra day.

I like Washington’s chances to win another conference championship and make it to the Rose Bowl. :D

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2rsibb49 said:
Nice game for the Huskies. Coulda/shoulda season for them in retrospect.

I would definitely agree with that statement for this game. UW looked totally prepared for this game. Not even going to use the snow as an excuse. Washington had the Cougs number from the start of the game.

Man I hate Washington.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21usz191 said:

In 17 years of coaching, he’s never won a conference title. This is only his second time winning double digit games, ever. He has a losing record in bowl games. His defenses are consistently crap.

Yeah, he’s overrated. He’s a “name” because he makes outlandish statements and because he’s a celeb humper, not because of his coaching record.

As for his offensive adjustments...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/1066205773561126913[/tweet]