Are the 49ers Better than the Seahawks?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
The standings as of today say yes.

They are beating teams that we barely beat by a lot. Huge difference over last year. I'm sure Richard Sherman has the game against Seattle circled on his calendar. The whole NFC West is a lot better this year, so far.

Is SF better than us this year?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So far they are except at the QB position. The running games are a wash. The big difference is the respective defenses. Theirs is very good, ours.......not so much.

As for Sherman, I watched him for a while in the Cleveland game and the Browns were going after him with success. I believe the Hawks will note that in the film and there will be completions on him.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1183689404788957184[/tweet]

Looks that way.

This is good though. I feel like Pete Carroll coached teams perform better when there is a rival within the division.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MO Hawk":tvazr1g9 said:
The standings as of today say yes.

They are beating teams that we barely beat by a lot. Huge difference over last year. I'm sure Richard Sherman has the game against Seattle circled on his calendar. The whole NFC West is a lot better this year, so far.

Is SF better than us this year?

Well other than maybe New England, they are probably playing better than everyone, so yeah.

Didn’t Sherman get his “calendar circling” out of his system last year? I mean I know he’s the mind game master or whatever, but this will be the third time playing since the separation, even guys who struggle with maturity at times move on eventually.....

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Yes. They have a very, very good Front 4. Very dominant. They shut down the run. They put so much pressure it masks any issues with their back 7.

getnasty

Reaction score
We'll see so enough, i'm still not convinced on the Niners not say there not good but i still beleive they might be getting over hyped a touch. I'll take Russell and the Hawks over Jimmy G and the Niners.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Head to head is the only answer.

Nothing from their start tells me they're 'better'. For example, they got Cleveland at home, in Primetime, with an extra day off. We got them with a 10am start on the road and them playing for their playoff/answering the critics lives.

Then they get the Rams without gurley.

I'm just so very disappointed i don't get my dissly kittle matchup. Everyone is on kittles jock and dissly is obviously better.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
It still makes me :pukeface: that we let Sherman fall into the hands of the enemy. He has a chance to get another ring and that pisses me off. I knew letting him go would bite us in the ass. I actually hate the dude. He hated Wilson(which I still don’t understand). I hate to say it, but when he got hurt, I was hoping that would ruin his ability. It didn’t. It’s very apparent that our D would be much better with him in it. Yes, I am very f- ing angry about this. :229031_banghead: :229031_banghead: :229031_banghead: :229031_banghead:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Very jealous of their front 4 on D. They get after the QB every single play and haven't seen them need to use a blitz much. Makes it easier for the back 7, Sherm seems to be taking them all under his wing as well.

Run game is solid, still don't know how JG will do when they aren't comfortable. Probably the biggest question so far since he hasn't been in a spot where he needed to march the team down for a TD.

I'd say the early season hype for them is real though. They do all the things well that are needed to win on the road.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Offense
QB - Seahawks (but Shanahan's scheming reduces the differential)

Running game - wash with Juicy out

O-Line - SF

WR - Wash

Advantage - Seattle, barely.

Defense
D-line - wash

LB - Seattle barely

Secondary - SF

Advantage SF because they will give our O-line fits.

I'm really glad this game comes later in the season when we typically start to hit our stride, and we have some tape on them. There really isn't any advantage to having tape on us since you already know what we are going to do.

SF has the same feel, to me, that the Hawks did, the year before we won the Super Bowl. Nice to see the rivalry reignited.

warden

Reaction score
This point of the season you just need to be getting what wins. We will worry about who is playing better between the 49ers and Hawks when it matters more, in late November and December

xray

Reaction score
The players and the coaching looked good theoretically before the season began ; and they have backed that up . They have a bad-ass D ; the best in the division so far . The Hawks have the better offense . Is SF better than the Hawks ?
Right now I'd say probably by a whisker they are . 10 games left though...

justafan

Reaction score
I hate the niners but admire a team that plays tough on the line. Right now they are beating people at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They played this week without their tackles,FB and top Rb.

I would say they are on paper. But Pete will have them ready to play when we do play them.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
bigskydoc":6sf690ge said:
Offense

O-Line - SF

WR - Wash

Defense
D-line - wash

LB - Seattle barely

Secondary - SF

I'm really glad this game comes later in the season when we typically start to hit our stride, and we have some tape on them. There really isn't any advantage to having tape on us since you already know what we are going to do.

SF has the same feel, to me, that the Hawks did, the year before we won the Super Bowl. Nice to see the rivalry reignited.

You are seeing the world through Seahawk covered glasses if you think the DL comparison is a wash. We might have better depth but their starting front 4 is a class above ours.

And I don't think their secondary is anything awesome. Sherman remains solid but he's not playing better than Griffin this year. The rest of the secondary is as dodgy as ours. They just have the advantage of a DL winning every one on one battle.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Their DL is a 2019 proven force. DTs DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Solomon Torres are dominate. They have combined for 7.5 sacks. Then, you have two edge rushers Nick Bosa and Dee Ford who have combined for 6.5 sacks. And, they have 31 QB hurries.

Ford, Ansah, Clowney, Jefferson. Reed available this week. We look good so yes it’s a wash....on paper. Just need to put this on the field. We have 10 sacks/16 hurries. (2 from Kendricks).

Run game.
Carson and Penny combined for 602 rush yards.
Niners have a 3 headed monster. Matt Breida, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman combined for 775+ yards.
But, we can add Russell’s 151 yards so it’s a wash.

IMO, we need to win in the trenches. Getting Reed back is huge and I hope this will translate to more sacks/hurries.

Polk738

Reaction score
Mad Dog":j441thfc said:
bigskydoc":j441thfc said:
Offense

O-Line - SF

WR - Wash

Defense
D-line - wash

LB - Seattle barely

Secondary - SF

You are seeing the world through Seahawk covered glasses if you think the DL comparison is a wash. We might have better depth but their starting front 4 is a class above ours.

And I don't think their secondary is anything awesome. Sherman remains solid but he's not playing better than Griffin this year. The rest of the secondary is as dodgy as ours. They just have the advantage of a DL winning every one on one battle.

Totally agree, 4 high first rounders AND Dee Ford? That is a luxury of riches and Nick Bosa is a freak athlete, I'm definitely jealous lol

Ruminator

Reaction score
My first thought when I watched the 49ers for the first time last week when they played the Browns was the same thing Broncos coach John Fox said when he watched the Seahawks during warm-ups prior to Super Bowl XLVIII: Wow, they're fast. This year's 49ers does remind me of the 2012-2015 Seahawks. Are the 49ers better than the Seahawks? We'll know for sure as the season progresses, but right now it's looking like they would be favorites to win. How I miss the dominant D we used to have.

Smellyman

Reaction score
You fake fans better pipe down. You are giving John63 ulcers