Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread - (Hawks @ Cowboys)

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Total toss up. refs will for sure play a major role as it will be a very close nailbiter game. We both are better in certain areas. our ace in the hole is russ and his 4th quarter magic...I have a feeling we will need it.

hawks 50
boys 49

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rule":2wfu5et4 said:
cowboys - 30

seahawks - 20

not gunna be close, we’ll get a garbage time td to make it look better on paper. carson held to 65 rush yds. season ends saturday.

You must be a real hoot at parties. :roll:

HommyHawk

Reaction score
This game will be like the first 49ers game where the cowboys will put up stats but not points.
Hawks 30
Cowboys 13

seahawksny

Reaction score
I wanted to say....27-17 hawks.

Now that I see the ref is from Texas it will fall Into the category of super bowl 40 and 1993 game 7 Sonics vs suns where there was an incomprehensible amount of penalties/fouls.

Throw I in March of 2006. ncaa sweet 16 uconn vs UW. Officials throw Brandon Roy out of game which never happens in college so uconn can come back and get upset by George Mason. UW losing to GM Would have made no headlines

Sorry 12's.

Dallas 24,
Hawks 23

Three touchdowns will be called back as Caroll teams have struggled with as it is. Add this to the list of Seattle being victimized of conspiracies favoring the larger market teams.

I really don't have a good feeling now after this officiating crew was chosen

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Welll, it's now the year 2019. So my prediction is:
Seahawks - 20
Cowboys - 19

davidonmi

Reaction score
Whoever has the ball last wins this classic.
30-29 hawks

BubbaGump

Reaction score
This can be a close game or a ball control keep them at a distance game. With Russ and Bobby I’ll say the later.

Hawks 28
Cowboys 17

YTD 3-1

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
NFL wants Dallas to win. Seattle will have over 100 yards in penalties. Dallas's D will be flying around the field.

Dallas - 27
Seattle - 21

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Well.....Las Vegas has the "line" down to 1.5 from 2.5. Hawks usually play well on "Prime time". I believe that the League has told the Refs to keep their flags in their pockets unless there is a very obvious infraction. The Hawks have been much better reducing their penalties lately. Therefore, if they can play a "clean" game with minimal fouls, then we will win.

Hawks 27
Cowboys 24

zchurch74

Reaction score
33 cowboys/zebras/nfl
20 Seahawks.

Just can’t win when it’s 3 against 1

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":12owwrz5 said:
NFL wants Dallas to win. Seattle will have over 100 yards in penalties. Dallas's D will be flying around the field.

Dallas - 27
Seattle - 21

Thank you!!! We are now guaranteed a win. :p :stirthepot:

SeaChat

Reaction score
My Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Hawks 34 - Cowboys 21

I'll post my prediction first, for those of you who are only interested in the predictions, and explain my prediction below. I've tried to post in this thread before every game this season, and while my scores have often times been a bit Homer-ish, I've been fairly accurate in my predictions so far as Seahawks wins, and even my scores have not been too far off so far as spreads on most occasions.

I'm basing my game prediction against the Cowboys to a large degree, on what occurred Sunday against the Cardinals. Unlike so many, I did not subscribe to the notion that the Seahawk's played poorly, and lucked out with a squeaker win in this match up. Completely the opposite. Instead I subscribe to the notion, that the Seahawks, were challenged in a way that they have not been all year, and confronted their self-destruction, turned things around and battled their way to a win, on multiple levels.

For the first three quarters, The Seahawks vs the Seahawks was the game that was being played, in the forth quarter, the Seahawks found themselves maybe for the first time this entire season. In a span of 15 minutes of football, The Seahawks showed up and played like "The Complete Package". It was a significant turning point, that I believe, may be remembered as the Seahawks defining moment of the entire season.

The Seahawks vs Cardinals game was played in the forth quarter, if ever Pete Carroll's 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, 4th quarter mantra was ever truer, it was in this game. The Seahawks seized control of their own destiny in the 4th quarter, when the Seahawks finally took the field and played the way they are capable of. It almost felt like a curse had suddenly been lifted, and the Seahawks that we all know and love were playing again.

The Cardinals, suddenly were playing like the 2 and 14 team that they are. and if you go back and watch the game, you'll see that they were playing that way all along, it was the Seahawks that were playing completely out of character and allowing the Cardinals one opportunity after another to stay competitive in this game.

When it came down to the final minutes of the game, I felt a sense of calm and confidence. Russell Wilson led his troops down the field, with a calm and confidence, that repeatedly defines him and the Seahawks, always when its most important.

In those moments there is "Absolutely No Doubt, No Fear, and Complete Confidence" that we are in route to defeating our opponents. In this game the Magic of the Twelfth Man proved strong enough to break the Arizona Cardinals Curse once and for all, and we were, finally able to reclaim "Our House".

So much occurred in the final Quarter of this game, and I believe it's effects will be far reaching. Call it silly or superstitious, or whatever you like, but for a few years now, many have felt, players, fans, media commentators, that when it came to the Seahawks and the Cardinals, that the Seahawks had been cursed, evidenced by injuries and losses.

For years now, the Seahawks have played in an uncharacteristically self-destructive manner against the Cardinals. Like a world class prize fighter entering the ring, as though in a trance, uncharacteristically "leads with his chin", offering his opponent the opportunity to knock him out, when there were no other possible way for him to lose.

In the minds of many that watched this game unfold, the Seahawks snuck out with a small win, a squeaker, a stinker, an embarrassment, and certainly not indicative of a team that has aspirations of becoming the next Super Bowl Champions. Quite contrarily I believe that the Seattle Seahawks came full circle, in this meeting. They were forced to ask themselves who they really were, and if they had the stuff of champions or not, That question was answered in the only way it could be, under fire.

They went out and battled in that last quarter, not looking so much for a win, but rather, in search of their identities, as individuals and teammates. As the winning field goal was kicked and the football sailed up through the uprights, it was in those final defining seconds of the game, that they found everything they had been searching for all season long, themselves.

The Seahawks team that walked on to the field this past Sunday, was not the same team walked off of it at the games end. The Seahawks left the field Sunday as a complete package, carrying with them, a new found knowledge, confidence, in themselves and in each other. They are now a complete battle tested force, forged under fire, as only can it occur, and now more prepared for the battles ahead of them, than they have ever been. If they remain united, focused, disciplined, oh yeah and "play with clean hands", so that the officials ability to influence matters are minimized, they are a team fully prepared and capable of winning a Super Bowl Championship.

Go Seahawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
pacific101":sabrhj4y said:
My Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Hawks 34 - Cowboys 21

I'll post my prediction first, for those of you who are only interested in the predictions, and explain my prediction below. I've tried to post in this thread before every game this season, and while my scores have often times been a bit Homer-ish, I've been fairly accurate in my predictions so far as Seahawks wins, and even my scores have not been too far off so far as spreads on most occasions.

I'm basing my game prediction against the Cowboys to a large degree, on what occurred Sunday against the Cardinals. Unlike so many, I did not subscribe to the notion that the Seahawk's played poorly, and lucked out with a squeaker win in this match up. Completely the opposite. Instead I subscribe to the notion, that the Seahawks, were challenged in a way that they have not been all year, and confronted their self-destruction, turned things around and battled their way to a win, on multiple levels.

For the first three quarters, The Seahawks vs the Seahawks was the game that was being played, in the forth quarter, the Seahawks found themselves maybe for the first time this entire season. In a span of 15 minutes of football, The Seahawks showed up and played like "The Complete Package". It was a significant turning point, that I believe, may be remembered as the Seahawks defining moment of the entire season.

The Seahawks vs Cardinals game was played in the forth quarter, if ever Pete Carroll's 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, 4th quarter mantra was ever truer, it was in this game. The Seahawks seized control of their own destiny in the 4th quarter, when the Seahawks finally took the field and played the way they are capable of. It almost felt like a curse had suddenly been lifted, and the Seahawks that we all know and love were playing again.

The Cardinals, suddenly were playing like the 2 and 14 team that they are. and if you go back and watch the game, you'll see that they were playing that way all along, it was the Seahawks that were playing completely out of character and allowing the Cardinals one opportunity after another to stay competitive in this game.

When it came down to the final minutes of the game, I felt a sense of calm and confidence. Russell Wilson led his troops down the field, with a calm and confidence, that repeatedly defines him and the Seahawks, always when its most important.

In those moments there is "Absolutely No Doubt, No Fear, and Complete Confidence" that we are in route to defeating our opponents. In this game the Magic of the Twelfth Man proved strong enough to break the Arizona Cardinals Curse once and for all, and we were, finally able to reclaim "Our House".

So much occurred in the final Quarter of this game, and I believe it's effects will be far reaching. Call it silly or superstitious, or whatever you like, but for a few years now, many have felt, players, fans, media commentators, that when it came to the Seahawks and the Cardinals, that the Seahawks had been cursed, evidenced by injuries and losses.

For years now, the Seahawks have played in an uncharacteristically self-destructive manner against the Cardinals. Like a world class prize fighter entering the ring, as though in a trance, uncharacteristically "leads with his chin", offering his opponent the opportunity to knock him out, when there were no other possible way for him to lose.

In the minds of many that watched this game unfold, the Seahawks snuck out with a small win, a squeaker, a stinker, an embarrassment, and certainly not indicative of a team that has aspirations of becoming the next Super Bowl Champions. Quite contrarily I believe that the Seattle Seahawks came full circle, in this meeting. They were forced to ask themselves who they really were, and if they had the stuff of champions or not, That question was answered in the only way it could be, under fire.

They went out and battled in that last quarter, not looking so much for a win, but rather, in search of their identities, as individuals and teammates. As the winning field goal was kicked and the football sailed up through the uprights, it was in those final defining seconds of the game, that they found everything they had been searching for all season long, themselves.

The Seahawks team that walked on to the field this past Sunday, was not the same team walked off of it at the games end. The Seahawks left the field Sunday as a complete package, carrying with them, a new found knowledge, confidence, in themselves and in each other. They are now a complete battle tested force, forged under fire, as only can it occur, and now more prepared for the battles ahead of them, than they have ever been. If they remain united, focused, disciplined, oh yeah and "play with clean hands", so that the officials ability to influence matters are minimized, they are a team fully prepared and capable of winning a Super Bowl Championship.

Go Seahawks!

In a word I "disagree" .

They had to contend with a O line shuffle, the issues last year at Gaurd showed up again when those same players were moved to those positions again.

Special teams was a disaster, almost cost us the game twice, again it was gap and line issues that allowed blockers to get to Dickson.

Our defense played pretty consistent, not lights out but well, had pressure, got sacks, limited the run. We probably win going away if not for the special teams gaffs.

We need a lot better I line play against Dallas, this teams Identity is Run and Run some more.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
As good as the Boy's Defense has been, it's strength against strength with our offense.

My question will be how our Defense does against Dak and Zeke and Cooper and the new TE emergence. I fear our weakness there may make it tough to keep up with them, though I don't expect a blow-out by any means. It'll be lower scoring, but I don't feel good about it.

Hawks - 16

Cowboys - 17

NJlargent

Reaction score
depends if the chiefs team shows up or the one that played the niners/cards. I think it will be a combination and we lose 23-20 on clock management and a suspect penalty that will be the offseason focus.