Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Bucs @ Seahawks)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
OrFan":pm2q6u05 said:
volsunghawk":pm2q6u05 said:
Aros":pm2q6u05 said:
With that said, the Bucs are coming to town Sunday looking not too unlike the Rams. Better than average defense, not so good offense.

Bucs look very little like the Rams. First off, their D may be better than average by yardage, but they're worse than average in points allowed, and much worse than average in sacks and turnovers forced. They don't have near the pass rush that St. Louis has. Add to that the fact that their team has been in turmoil due to the machinations of their likely-to-be-fired head coach, and this is a team playing uninspired football. They won't have a home crowd to feed off of, either.

I think this will be a comfortable win for Seattle, without the drama of last week's game.

TB had only one less sack than the Rams before Monday night against us. Granted this is not elite by any means, but they are pretty good in this area.

I know they picked up 3 against the Panthers, but the several games before that game were not good for Tampa's pass rush (I think they got 1 or 2 total over a span of 3 games). They went nuts against Geno Smith in Week 1, but if their more recent performances are an indicator, it should be an easier time of it for Wilson and the O-line.

WilsonLegend

Reaction score
Seahawks: 8 (TD + 2 point conversion)
Bucs: 1 (just extra point)

RTD: 0-0

Score reflect Hawks record after week 9.
Go Hawks!!!

ceej22

Reaction score
38-3

TB only gets field goal because of turnover that gives them good field position. Defense will hold them to sub 250 yards.

Rams game pissed me off but in no way changes my outlook on remainder of season. Rams played us tough at home last year and managed to sack Wilson 6x. This came after they put an avg of 50 pts over last 3 weeks and outscored opponents 150-30. So no I do not believe the sky is falling and we will struggle vs and 0-8 team with locker room and coaching issues.

YTD: 8-0

iigakusei

Reaction score
28-6 Seahawks. I just dont see how they score on our defense.
Our offense looks a little better (baby steps) and Sherman gets a pick 6 from Glennon forcing the ball to Jackson.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seahawks 20 Bucs 6
8-1
In an ugly game, the bucs don't have the passrush that the bucs have. I also assume our defense to play better at home.

FPD

Reaction score
Largent80":3wbvdwc1 said:
We win ugly again. No score is needed.
Damn, that was gonna be my post! Especially with the o-line the way it is. But an ugly win is still a win!

GO HAWKS!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The humble pie is so bitter sweet.

The Bucs have a lot more talent than their record shows, especially considering their defense.

However, a dumpster fire won't turn into a thing of beauty in one week on the road.

Hawks finally put some offense together and win 24-9.

RTD: 7-1 (I think it's going to end up being the same record as the team in the end :p)

rsm650

Reaction score
Our OL has been suffering even in week 1 with the starters. I don't see our OL improving by themselves - they'll only look better if the Bucs's pass rushers are worse than the Rams. I'm confident in a win, but I doubt it'll be a big score. I'm not sure if the offense can even score a touchdown if they don't utilize beast mode a lot and Harvin still isn't playing. Vincent Jackson is also a big play maker.

9-7 Seahawks

6-2 record

Reaction score
I am gonna disagree with some (most) on this thread.....

This WILL be a blow-out !!!
I think there is waaaaaay too much pride on this team to follow-up a "sub-par" national performance.
... home cookin'
+ 12th Man
+ 1983 team tribute
+ winless team traveling cross-country...

= BLOW OUT !!

Seahawks 38 - 10 (or worse) :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This last game will be followed up by the complete decimation of the Bucs. The Hawks will put the petal to the floor and rack up ridiculous offense.

Tampa might try to stack the line, but that would be very bad for them. The Rams got away with it one time, it won't work on the Hawks again and it won't work for the Rams again. I hope the Bucs try it because there are big gains to be had there if you have prepared for it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":ckb7u8g7 said:
This last game will be followed up by the complete decimation of the Bucs. The Hawks will put the petal to the floor and rack up ridiculous offense.

Tampa might try to stack the line, but that would be very bad for them. The Rams got away with it one time, it won't work on the Hawks again and it won't work for the Rams again. I hope the Bucs try it because there are big gains to be had there if you have prepared for it.

I hope you're right. I sure didn't see any adjustments last week. Granted Tampa doesn't have the Rams DE's, but NOTHING I saw last week gives me confidence that we're going to blow anybody out. We have problems; they will be fixed, but to think that one of, if not the worst performances by our Offense in the last decade will be fixed "just because we're at home" is ludicrous.

That being said,

Hawks - 24

Bucs - 13

And, thank ourselves lucky that we are not facing a more fierce team at this point.

C-Dub

Reaction score
C-Dub's Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Bucs 13

C-Dub's Fearless Record: 7-1

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Funny, this is the first blowout I'm predicting in a while. Our entire offense and offensive coaching staff is embarrassed as hell and will finally get its collective head out of its collective ass.

48-10, Seahawks.