Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Bucs @ Seahawks)

Steve2222

Reaction score
With no crowd noise for the offense to deal with, it will help Seattles OL out a lot. On the flip side, the crowd noise makes our already dominant DL basically unstoppable. I see a 4 turnover game for the Buccaneers. With Tampa only having Vincent Jackson as their lone offensive playmaker, this game will get ugly. As soon as adversity hits the Bucs, they'll give up. We'll see TJack Sunday.

Seahawks 38
Bucs 10

SonicHawk

Reaction score
On my preseason prediction thread I had us beating the Rams 13-10 in OT. That was wayyy to close of a guess.

Once again I'm sticking with my preseason prediction.

SEAHAWKS 28 - BUCKOS 24

SONICHAWK IS 8-0

Hawkboi

Reaction score
At home is where we shine, and that'll happen Sunday.... I think after the close one in St Louis, we'll be pumped to thump on the Buc's...

37 - 6 - Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Bucs team has quit. Plain and simple.

Seahawks 31
Bucs 7

YTD: 7-1

Hamhawk

Reaction score
It could be a blowout, but I think it will be a little closer than expected,...
Hawks 27 Bucs 12

Atradees

Reaction score
Glennon has thrown more passes than any rookie in history in his first four games.

so this game with the crowd noise.......many picks

My fifty burger finally arrives.

7 and 1...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If this team had even a competent O line, I'd say blowout. They don't need the 2005 Seattle Seahawks' line. They just need an O line with 5 NFL caliber players that may make a couple mistakes over the course of a game, but will by and large do their jobs and let the offense function as you would expect...this would be a superbowl team.

But the Hawks don't have that right now. They have easily the worst pair of starting tackles in the NFL right now, and probably among the worst pair of starting guards. They have a former all pro center than can't snap the damn ball properly and is consistently making line calls that are either wrong or are being ignored by the other 4 players. Not to mention, they have a coach, OC and line coach that seem to be completely adverse to making adjustments to help out their floundering players.

Because this one vital position group is SO UNBELIEVABLY BAD, so far removed from just being competent to the point that on most plays the skill position players can just do their jobs...this team will make a bad defense look decent and a decent defense look like the '85 Bears.

The Hawks won't lose to the godawful Bucs, but I think the offense again looks like garbage because of the issues described above.

Hawks 17, Bucs 10

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3n8hxbrn said:
If this team had even a competent O line, I'd say blowout. They don't need the 2005 Seattle Seahawks' line. They just need an O line with 5 NFL caliber players that may make a couple mistakes over the course of a game, but will by and large do their jobs and let the offense function as you would expect...this would be a superbowl team.

But the Hawks don't have that right now. They have easily the worst pair of starting tackles in the NFL right now, and probably among the worst pair of starting guards. They have a former all pro center than can't snap the damn ball properly and is consistently making line calls that are either wrong or are being ignored by the other 4 players. Not to mention, they have a coach, OC and line coach that seem to be completely adverse to making adjustments to help out their floundering players.

Because this one vital position group is SO UNBELIEVABLY BAD, so far removed from just being competent to the point that on most plays the skill position players can just do their jobs...this team will make a bad defense look decent and a decent defense look like the '85 Bears...........
Post of the week! Hell, maybe post of the year. You summed it all up in three paragraphs Clink. There will be no Super Bowl appearance this season without a pretty large improvement from this group IMO.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Bucs are one of the league's top teams against the run. Call them quitters if you want, but that kind of stat doesn't happen by giving up. Lynch once again gets bottled up and forces Wilson to again carry the offense, with unpredictable results now that we're without Sidney Rice.

A couple crucial players don't show up to play, O-line keeps undercutting the drives, little mistakes rack up, some bizarre ST disaster happens again, and with the offense having to adjust to life without Rice, the scales finally tip against us.

SEA 20
TB 23

RTD: 4-4

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1e6sau9b said:
I predicted a win. But I'm having ominous feelings about this game.

Isn't it always the way it is? The closer to game time, the more nervous we get? We start 2nd guessing ourselves....and our team.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":zorcqt0v said:
SacHawk2.0":zorcqt0v said:
I predicted a win. But I'm having ominous feelings about this game.

Isn't it always the way it is? The closer to game time, the more nervous we get? We start 2nd guessing ourselves....and our team.

This one could either be the last game Schiano coaches in the bigs, or it could be the spark the powder keg needs to erupt with all the anger and tension there seems to be in that team. They're coming after us with all their ammo on Sunday, no doubt about that. If we go in and treat them like an 0-7 team and they fire everything they have, it could be ugly.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Going with Hawks 27 - TB 10

I really want a blowout so we can get some momentum going, but I'll take 27 points

6-2 to date

zhawk

Reaction score
2-0 we can't score because we're no good on offense, but our defense is just good enough to get a pope's hat (safety) :sarcasm_off:

I'm :thirishdrinkers: 7-1 because I think we can win every game. I know, silly me.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Some of your predictions are insane.. They are going to win by double digits. 38-13 hawks
Ytd-7-1

Steve2222

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3qot34dm said:

Because this one vital position group is SO UNBELIEVABLY BAD, so far removed from just being competent to the point that on most plays the skill position players can just do their jobs...this team will make a bad defense look decent and a decent defense look like the '85 Bears.

The Hawks won't lose to the godawful Bucs, but I think the offense again looks like garbage because of the issues described above.

Hawks 17, Bucs 10

The Seahawks had this same OL against Az (who have a stout D) and they looked serviceable enough in that game. Get off the ledge. Yeah they got bullied against St. Louis. It was a bad game and is not a true representation of who this team is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1tlffj7p said:
The Bucs are one of the league's top teams against the run. Call them quitters if you want, but that kind of stat doesn't happen by giving up. Lynch once again gets bottled up and forces Wilson to again carry the offense, with unpredictable results now that we're without Sidney Rice.

A couple crucial players don't show up to play, O-line keeps undercutting the drives, little mistakes rack up, some bizarre ST disaster happens again, and with the offense having to adjust to life without Rice, the scales finally tip against us.

SEA 20
TB 23

RTD: 4-4

Do care to name the players on offense for the Bucs other than rookie QB Mike Glennon and Vincent Jackson? I sure cant.

It's crazy how one bad week, a win mind you, and all of a sudden people on this board think well struggle, or even lose to the 2nd worst team in the league (which they might be the worst) at CentLink. Unbelievable.