Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Jaguars @ Seahawks)

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Loved reading Shermans we play against ourselves post. Then I read the Vegas line of 19.5.

Do we beat the spread like we usually do?

Hmm no. 24 to 6 Hawks take it. 2-0

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2oh11m1n said:
HOLLYWOOD":2oh11m1n said:
I keep seeing Admiral Ackbar... Its a trap! In this case though I think AA is mistaken. This team is 100 percent focused. Even without Okung we win this not in a walk, but more of a stroll.

Seahawks- 34
Jaguars- 10

Thus far 2-0

[youtube]4F4qzPbcFiA[/youtube]

You mean like THIS?????

Exactilioso

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
SEA: 34
JAX: 9

I'd love the shutout, but getting reps for depth players is more important for the team going forward.
If they allow a few yards and a few FG tries, I won't complain.

HATC record: 2-0

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawks, 14-13. Henne nearly game manages his way to an upset.
2-0.

edogg23

Reaction score
Hawks 45-3.
I will be there to enjoy the victory :)

2-0
Hawks are going 23-0...

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the Hawks' offense finds rhythm and finally starts putting up some points.

Seahawks win 34-10.

Record to date: 2-0

Keyhawk

Reaction score
From Sports Writer Greg Cote:

JAGUARS (0-2) AT SEAHAWKS (2-0)

Line: SEA by 19 1/2.

Cote’s pick: SEA 24-7.

TV: 4:25 p.m., CBS.

It’s the UM-Savannah State of NFL Week 3! The Sunday betting lines don’t get much bigger than this. The involvement of sad Jacksonville alone makes any game a Dog candidate, and here we add the likelihood of a miserable rout. Looks like Chad Henne again over Blaine Gabbert; like it matters? Strange as it seems I might ride Jags with all that head start, though. Hawks figure to have an almost indifferent effort coming after an emotional rout of rival San Fran.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/19/3 ... picks.html

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Back to 1976 with a line of that size the dog covered 8 of 10.

Seattle is 0-9 vs spread after last nine victories vs San Fran.

No play for me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Keyhawk":4ct7f1h1 said:
JAGUARS (0-2) AT SEAHAWKS (2-0)

Line: SEA by 19 1/2.

Cote’s pick: SEA 24-7.

TV: 4:25 p.m., CBS.

It’s the UM-Savannah State of NFL Week 3! The Sunday betting lines don’t get much bigger than this. The involvement of sad Jacksonville alone makes any game a Dog candidate, and here we add the likelihood of a miserable rout. Looks like Chad Henne again over Blaine Gabbert; like it matters? Strange as it seems I might ride Jags with all that head start, though. Hawks figure to have an almost indifferent effort coming after an emotional rout of rival San Fran.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/19/3 ... picks.html

If I were superstitious, I'd think this means we are going to lose, since he has picked us to lose and been wrong twice already, but I think instead, I will say that we cover the spread easy and he's still wrong at least in that aspect of his pick.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You are better off trying to learn from a spread rather than immediately explaining why it is wrong. That being said, 19.5 points does seem high to me.

The Hawks could probably win by that amount (or more) if we made that our focus, but Pete's focus is going to be securing a win and not taking any chances on a letdown game. He knows that our defense will probably hold them to one or two scores, so I fully expect to see an extremely conservative offense all day where we focus on getting the running game right.

Largent80

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2bo3rjf3 said:
Back to 1976 with a line of that size the dog covered 8 of 10.

Seattle is 0-9 vs spread after last nine victories vs San Fran.

No play for me.

But, there is a 20% chance...16-1 says we cover......

Hawks46

Reaction score
AgentDib":ycuy6fwd said:
You are better off trying to learn from a spread rather than immediately explaining why it is wrong. That being said, 19.5 points does seem high to me.

The Hawks could probably win by that amount (or more) if we made that our focus, but Pete's focus is going to be securing a win and not taking any chances on a letdown game. He knows that our defense will probably hold them to one or two scores, so I fully expect to see an extremely conservative offense all day where we focus on getting the running game right.

Basically 19.5 is the difference between the best and worst teams in the NFL, at this point. Our offense hasn't shown much, and Jacksonville's defense is 9th ranked.

We're concentrating on the win, and getting out with no injuries, in that order. As soon as the win is secured, we're going to see 2nd stringers in there.

Cartire

Reaction score
19.5 is way to high. Pass my friends. Pass. Dont take the points.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Sept 16 DAL 07 SEA 27

Nov 11 JETS 07 SEA 28

Dec 9 PHX 00 SEA 58

Dec 16 BUF 17 SEA 50

Dec 23 SF 13 SEA 42

Seahawks cover easily against the jags.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
29-7. So we can tell the Niners that the Jags are better than them.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Those of you out there who are looking for a Game Preview Thread from me this week ... you won't find one. I'd considered it briefly ... but then realized that the pain and effort of cranking one out just about equaled the pain that the Jaguars themselves will experiencing on Sunday. Nearly always, one can always identify that one area of concern that the Seahawks need to watch out for against Team X. This is the exception. This Jaguars team is bad people. No, they're beyond bad ... so much so that by season's end they will undoubtedly have set numerous NFL records for futility ... and cast the ghosts of that 1992 Seahawks Offense in to the sea of forgetfulness -- erasing them finally from the record books. [Psst! That 1992 Hawks team has the distinction of owning the NFL's all time mark for worst offense ever in a 16 game season (a paltry 140 points for an average of only 8.8 points/game.)]

I'm predicting that Tavaris Jackson and the backups will be mercifully begin performing the victory kneel down formation in the 3rd Quarter ... and continue to do so throughout each successive Seahawk possession, as Carroll (out of respect for Bradley) tries his best to not embarrass his former defensive coordinator any more than he already will be by piling on unnecessary points.

I found it quite eerie that when I first clicked on this thread, Todd (Aros) had predicted the exact same score that this Todd (me) had envisioned as well. It's got to be a sign ...

Seahawks 42
Jaguars 3