Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Pats @ Hawks) *SBXLIX!!*

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Patriots Defense comes out and does its best to stop the Seahawks running game and to contain Russell Wilson. Though I believe they'll have success early, a combination of Seattle's commitment to the power run game and the Zone Read Option eventually are the factors that will ultimately cement their 2nd straight World Championship and another Lombardi Trophy. This game will be a hard fought chess match that I believe could be close even in to the 4th Quarter. When the clock at last reads 00:00 though, I see the scoreboard saying ...

Seahawks 24
Patriots 20

Erebus

Reaction score
In the cap contest thread, I picked the Patriots, but only to play the odds in winning the hat. However, I don't think the Patriots will win, nor do I think it will be particularly close.

Hawks 34
Patriots 20

Ambrose83

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":uorvzm9b said:
Hasselbeck":uorvzm9b said:
Or since the NFC CG.. when you did this same thing.

I said "false bravado" I don't like to see a fanbase so stressed about a game that they start grasping at straws and crying for penalties on the opposition before the Superbowl - if you are confident in your team you want a clean game with no outside influence - the lack of that sentiment betrays lack of confidence. When I see knowledgeable fans grasping at straws it's alarming.

And yes, I did this same thing with the NFCG -- I thought it was going to be a nail biter, and that Green Bay would come in here with a chip on their shoulder - which they did. Emotion is such a huge factor in these games, emotion and execution and injuries.

Bill is not going to kick field goals when it's 4th and 1 in the red zone.

I am in the same place as last week.

My head tells me we will lose this game.

My heart tells me that this team will find a way ... somehow.

So yea, it reminds me of last week all over again. And I do have a crazy thought that both Revis and Sherman are going to get pick 6's ...

gtfo- do you really expect us to self destruct and have anything close to 5 tos? We win this game and I don't think it's ever in doubt. The afc is just not as good as the nfc.

The Grouch

Reaction score
My prediction?
PAIN

'Hawks 29
patsies 24

Everyone points to players or groups that will "make the difference". I believe the Hawks will win because they understand that the name on the front of the jersy is more important than the name on the back.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
31-20 Hawks after a late NE TD to make the final score appear respectable.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":sj2b3i1z said:

So yea, it reminds me of last week all over again. And I do have a crazy thought that both Revis and Sherman are going to get pick 6's ...

[youtube]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/youtube]

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qsxhvc6 said:
The_Z_Man":3qsxhvc6 said:

[youtube]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/youtube]

/thread

kearly

Reaction score
Oddly, this game gives me a Carolina feel. Not in terms of the opponent or matchups, but in terms of how I think the game will flow. Seattle will slowly build up a big lead, then give up some garbage time points to make it look more respectable.

Hawks 31
Pats 23

I've never nailed a prediction in my life, though the closest was my prediction in the Carolina playoff game, when Kam's pick six cost me a perfect prediction.

Mick063

Reaction score
If I thought this game was going to be close, I would honestly call it out.

The team speed of the Seattle defense is going to be an eye opener for them.

Seattle by double digits.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":k124rtyx said:
Seahawks 30
Patriots 27

in an instant classic.

I have concerns about our ability to handle big-bodied guys like gronk and blount all day; I think they are physical enough to match us and keep drives alive that other teams might not get, and along with doing some tricky formation junk, resulting in more points than we are used to seeing. This isn't the Broncos we are looking at.

In the end though, it comes down to how I've felt about most games this season - Seattle is the better team, and they will find a way to win.

16-2 YTD

Dang nice YTD record. I have it a close game going into the fouth quarter and the Seattle pulls away.

Seattle Seahawks 28
NE Patriots 17

djb28

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":3kqrmkpf said:
Reading various topics in this forum it is clear that the Seahawks nation has little to no idea what they will be facing on Sunday. The comparisons of this Patriots team with the Broncos or Packers is completely laughable, the similarities are few and far between.

This Sunday, hawk is on the menu.

That is exactly what Bronco fan said last year.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Fall behind 10-3 at half. Change the gameplan at half and outscore the Pats 20-10 second half.

Final score 23-20 Hawks

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I have to go with my Instincts, my great knowledge of the game, my expertise in picking the correct score, and my superstitious ability to stay with the same pick over and over, because when I do we win.... :th2thumbs:

Seahawks - 34

Patriots - 17

:thirishdrinkers:

Seafan

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":3km5mxt6 said:
marko358":3km5mxt6 said:
Gronkzilla":3km5mxt6 said:
Seahawks cannot fully commit to the run playing from behind and end up losing.

True. There is no evidence of them being able to continue running the ball while behind in the game.

**Cough** 4th quarter of their last game **Cough**

Oh wait... you guys are referring to the game that the Packers wrapped up in a bow and handed to you? gotcha...... lol

If you watched the game you would have known the Hawk offense wrapped up the first 56 minutes and gave it to the cheese packers. So if the Hawks do have 5 turnovers in the Super Bowl there is a slim chance the pats can win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Psh...Name a defense that hasn't shut the Seahawks offense down for half a game; it's our modus operandi, lol.