Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Rams @ Seahawks)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1l05vbnw said:
hawksfansinceday1":1l05vbnw said:
HoustonHawk82":1l05vbnw said:
Agree with Shadow...

Hawks: 24
Rams: 17

With Long being out that means we double Quinn and fool the linebackers the SS with play action.
It's their offensive tackle, JAKE Long that's out, NOT ther defensive end CHRIS long (son of Howie) folks. Both their DEs, Quinn and CHRIS Long are healthy and will play.

Apologies, my fact-checking staff has the day off today. :34853_doh:
They have a better gig than I do then.....I'm going to work in a half hour. :(

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
For the good of the team, I need to go back to what I did last year where I pick against the Hawks for the last few games and they prove me wrong.

So...I'm gonna call it :les: :stirthepot:

Rams 52
Seahawks 7

Record picking against the Hawks late in the year-

1-7

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This is the 2nd game of the 3 that I said a month ago "If the Hawks don't win vs NY, Ari & STL, then they aren't the team I think they are."

Arizona impressed me, but a loss to STL would tell me we aren't the powerhouse we thought we were after NOLA. However, I think we are a powerhouse. I can't see us not pulling out a few stops on offense and deviating from our standard game plan the last month. We aren't in "Lets get the run game back on track and work on our passing game" anymore, we are in "do whatever it takes to win and go with what's working on Sunday."

I expect STL to give us fits with their defense, but I think the O will come out with the mentality of the Defense this week and get after it. They were flat from the coin flip last week, and I expect to see a complete reversal from that. I still have a couple big concerns with our O, but I can't expect to see the zombie-style offense on Sunday.

Seahawks 20
Rams 13

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I wasn't going to jump on this bandwagon because I'm superstitious about my picks... However, I couldn't resist because I believe the Seahawks will take this one all the way home!!!

Seahawks - 34

Lambs - 10

GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm seeing Mad Max with a pick 6, Russ is an efficient 18/24 for 240 and 2TD's, and Marshawn has the breakout game that we've been hoping for with 100 yds rushing and a receiving TD. Miller gets into the act with a big day, and a TD. Defense will allow only 10 points. Book it.

Hawks 27, Lambs 10

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
End of 1st: Seattle 7 / St. Louis 3
Halftime: Seattle 10 / St. Louis 6
End of Third: Seattle 20 / St. Louis 9
Final score: Seattle 27 / St. Louis 15

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
First few drives are a slug fest on both sides of the ball for both teams, then the Hawks score and it creates a cascade effect which Jeff Fisher, Bob Quinn, Chris Long, Stacey and any other Ram worth anything realizes in horror they can do nothing to stop.

HAWKS 35, Silence of the lambs 12

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I elaborated on this matchup more extensively in the Preview Thread ...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83904

Here is the Cliff's Notes version of some of that. Being that this is a Jeff Fisher team, you can expect that the Rams will come to play. Fisher is a never say die, blood and guts, Mach 3 with your hair on fire kind of coach whose teams play with the same kind of intensity. Expect a fairly low scoring match early for 2 reasons:

1) The Rams Defense is that good.
2) The Rams Offense with Clemens at the helm is that bad.

The main reason that the Rams were in that game at all last time was because of Zac Stacy going off for 134 yards ... and the biggest reason he did that was the play of the offensive line -- specifically LT Jake Long. The Rams rushed 11 times off the Left Side in that game -- Stacy earned 81 of his 134 yards (7.4 Yards/Carry) that way. They won't have the benefit of that kind of blocking with Jake Long out.

And Long's injury hurts in many other ways too. He also allowed NO QB Pressures in that Week 8 game. So, Long was the central reason that the Rams were even in that game from what I can see. The combo of Joe Barksdale and Rodger Saffold at RT also allowed NO QB Pressures in that game either. They also had good protection in that game because they kept their TE's in to block -- something they're certainly going to have to do now tomorrow. Saffold had been playing very well at RG and the offense had finally been clicking because of the play of the O-Line. Now, Long is out and Saffold is now your LT once again. Not good if you're a Rams fan.

Clemens had a passer rating of just 31.7 against the LOB in situations in which he faced NO pressure. I highly doubt he's going to be in the lazy boy against this defense in this stadium tomorrow.

I see Lynch and the running game will struggling early, as this Rams Defense has been fantastic against the run of late ... but their secondary is fairly suspect. As Scott says, if Seattle's going to be successful, they're got to challenge the middle of those zones because there ARE holes there. On the season, they have allowed 68.3% of all passes to be completed against them -- DEAD LAST in the league. If the Hawks Offensive Line gives Wilson even a little time and he's able to hit those middle zones ... we should be just fine.

This will be a hard fought game that will be close early ... with the bulk of the scoring coming in the late 3rd and 4th Quarters as the Rams Defense tires. I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 24
Rams 6

Edit to Add:

And with the way those guys played last week, I'm going to go on record and say that the Arizona Cardinals beat the 49ers at University of Phoenix Stadium tomorrow. I don't know that I see them making the playoffs, as I believe there's no way the Saints lose, but I think the 49ers could be in trouble tomorrow with the way these Cardinals are playing.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawks-27
Rams-12

Wilson completes 70% and Lynch gets back on track with 100+yds

11-4 on the year

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This whole week has been pretty miserable. Until last sunday I'd been to 18 Seattle Seahawks home-games in a row (including pre-season games) where we'd won. The last L I went too was the game vs. the Redsksins. I had this week off work for the holidays and was so certain we would win and it would be a great week. Instead I've had to basically do everything I could to forget about football for a little while.

The team offensively has looked bad twice in a row, and they've looked ineffective several times this season (I'm not including SF, that game went exactly as I thought it would minus the fact that I saw us somehow pulling out a slim win). Early on it was easy to point to the missing pieces on the O-line, but lately the lack of an effective run-game is really hurting what we can do in the passing game. It's as simple as that. The differences between what you can do when you're a rushing threat vs. when you aren't is immeasurable.

That being said I'm not ready to give up just yet. These guys want it too bad to roll over at home twice in a row, and after clinching HFA they will have some time to really analyze what's not working now and why it's worked before. Our defense is still dominant. Had our offense been able to do anything with the turnovers they were given last week we'd be talking about two amazing back-to-back games by the defense.

The rams will run the ball a lot, and I think we will do the same resulting in a low scoring game. Hawks will keep the rams out of the end zone.

Seahawks 16
Rams 6

The Grouch

Reaction score
The Rams will submit to the will of the Boom... The D will score, as will Mr Lynch. RW play efficient if not spectacular football and the Hawks will prevail.
27-3

Rob12

Reaction score
One home loss in TWO years and now people are predicting a loss when we're fighting for the #1 seed against a much inferior team at home.

I'm confused. I'm not expecting Seahawks' colored glasses here, but wow.

Leave no doubt. San Francisco loses tomorrow and the Seahawks cruise, 24-3.

This team knows what tomorrow means. Have faith. Most spoiled fan base in the NFL. Come on, 12's!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":ork8lltg said:
And with the way those guys played last week, I'm going to go on record and say that the Arizona Cardinals beat the 49ers at University of Phoenix Stadium tomorrow. I don't know that I see them making the playoffs, as I believe there's no way the Saints lose, but I think the 49ers could be in trouble tomorrow with the way these Cardinals are playing.

We all need to be Saints fans tomorrow, do NOT want to face the Cardinals off a bye in the playoffs. Give me any other NFC team right now over them.

I do hope the Cardinals humiliate the Niners, but also hope they do not get into the playoffs. :th2thumbs:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
It has been nine years since I attended a Seahawks game that they have lost, which was the playoff game versus the Rams. I am attending tomorrow.

My gut has been right more than wrong this year. Twice I've had a week long growing sense of forboding and I've woken up in the middle of the night dreading the game and thinking of it as something to be endured, rather than enjoyed. That was the 49ers and the Cardinals game last week.

I have no such fears about the Rams.

I expect some impressive drives from the offense early, a few big plays, dominating defense, and a game that smacks of a "get well" victory going into the playoffs.

If there is one thing the NFL constantly teaches us, its that last week does not have any weight on this week. We are all kicking ourselves and freaking out about the team.

Despite what ESPN teaches us, one week teaches us nothing, its one scene in a movie. It tells us parts of the story, but not the whole story.

Hills and valleys my friends.

Seahawks 31 Rams 7.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
the Hawks win, but it won't be easy against Fisher,...it never is,...... Hawks 17 Rams 10

Decimation

Reaction score
30-13 Hawks

We struggle at first, then find our rhythm in the 2nd half. Defense has another great performance.

Latest posts