Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Broncos)

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
I think Hawks win 20-16. Here is why:
*Hawks were in it or leading a good portion of the time the 1s were playing (even without Baldwin)
*Baldwin and Jordan are back
*Keenum is an average, at best, QB that benefited a lot from the Vikings surrounding him
*We saw a taste of a defense that may be blitzing more and mixing things up
*I don't think we saw a quarter of what Seattle has in their playbook...preseason this year was more about looking at younger guys that they just haven't had an opportunity to look at

endzorn

Reaction score
I chose this game to travel to because I thought we had the best opportunity to win. I see Wilson having a very good day and the offense pulling it out for the D.

30-24 Hawks

Steve2222

Reaction score
Ambrose83":p03u8x05 said:
Denver was terrible last year, and case keenum Is nothing special... How do you guys see us losing ?

I feel like this is said for a handful of games each year. A team that we are better than and should beat, but we end of losing in frustrating fashion. This is one of those types of games to a T. Chicago is a better team than Denver, but I am much more confident we win that game week 2.

Also, in the PC era, we have only won 1 opening day road game (2013 Carolina 12-9).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2n5xsbm2 said:
Denver was terrible last year, and case keenum Is nothing special... How do you guys see us losing ?

3500 yds, 3:1 TD to INT ratio, 67% completion, 98 rating last season. He may be nothing special, but he moves the chains. With our weak pass rush, he is going to nitpick our D all day.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2eklnvxb said:

Remember the time Austin Davis beat us with the Rams? Same deal.

It's extremely difficult for even the best defense to beat a patient, dink-and-dunk offense. Our defense shone in previous years partially because so many QB's out there look for the deep, back-breaking shot, and our D just wouldn't ever give them that.

Of course, the free safety and shutdown cornerback who used to prevent that kind of big play are gone now, so who knows.

Atradees

Reaction score
24 to 12 Hawks. We are strong up front at DT. They wont run on us. We are gonna blitz like crazy with the speed on this team. We have some deep plays on deck and we are gonna bring it. Dickson will pin them deep. Its our first game with a brand new team and new staff.
RUSSELL wILSON. dONKIES d WONT BE STIFFLING. I like our chances.

Record
0 to 0

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Neither team has their crap together and are a series of question marks. The Seahawks probably have a better team but are on the road. 2-2 tie, total poop show.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I think this new version of the Seahawks is going to surprise most people. Our offense is going to be (relatively) very efficient. I think Russ really blossoms, and in this game he goes nuts with the new WR corps and playbook....and of course a healthy Carson to complement his play.

The defense is young but very aggressive, they’ll do OK in the RZ where the safeties don’t have to cover as much space and Norton can call a more aggressive game. We’ll give up a lot of yards, but will hold to FGs enough to pull this one out...

Hawks 30-23

0-0

Schadie001

Reaction score
Broncos with new QB and new O cord = Seahawks win.
Our 1s looked far better than Denver’s 1s in preseason.

24-7 Seattle

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Is it the first game of the year? Then the Hawks will lose.....especially since we are on the Road! It would be a pleasant surprise for the Hawks to come out of the tunnel "on fire" and score on our first possession. However, I'm afraid that we make one too many mistakes....helped along by the Referees....to win on the Road. Yes...it will likely be close ….like 16-17.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Remember the Cleveland game back in 2011 season? I’ve got a gut feeling this game will be much like that one. I’ll say it will be the Seahawks winning this time though.

Seahawks 6 Broncos 3

adeltaY

Reaction score
brimsalabim":okf23ae0 said:
Vaughn Miller is a beast so it’s good that our best player is at LT. who ever we have at RT will have their hands full though and will probably need help. Hopefully we have an offensive game plan to get the ball out early. In college Chubb was excellent against the run and in coverage as well but he will still be adjusting to NFL game speed. There may be an advantage to gain throwing quick passes to the backs and TE on his side to keep him honest. This will be a dangerous test for our new OL and OC. Russell would be DMW with our old offensive staff. As it stands our punter makes the difference as Denver faces a long field all day. 20 - 17 hawks hold on.

Von Miller rushes almost exclusively against the RT so Ifedi is going up against him most of the game.

Broncos have the best home record during September all time in the NFL. We still win please.

Seahawks 21 Broncos 17

j hawk

Reaction score
Hawks win 27-13

We are able to run the ball and Wilson does his thing. Pete stokes up the D.

Seafan

Reaction score
I can see the hang over from last year is still affecting Net Nation.

Three things I like about this year that the team really sucked at last year:

First downs

Field position

Field Goals/PAT

The running game is effective this year and the run defense looks improved.

The Broncos actually have a better QB than last year. Their defense is still solid.

Mile High is no picnic and usually Pete doesn't have the team ready for game one.

I think Schotty, Solari and Norton make a difference this year.

Seahawks 20-19

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really think this is gonna fall on whether our special teams show up. They do I think we can win 20-13 Hawks, if not Broncos 24-14

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This will be an ugly, boring, sloppy, frustrating game to watch. Keenum will dink and dunk his offense down the field and score just enough points to win.

Ifedi gets embarrassed by Von Miller, and .Net goes into complete meltdown mode after this loss.

Denver 20 Seattle 14