Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Broncos)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Broncos 23
Seahawks 13

(YTD: 0-0)

Broncos -3

(ATS YTD: 0-0)

NINEster

Reaction score
Ambrose83":39yznhbn said:
Denver was terrible last year, and case keenum Is nothing special... How do you guys see us losing ?

The Miller/Chubb bull rush is concerning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just as concerning as what pretty boy Jimmy G is going to deal with at Minnesota. They are gonna' get smoked.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This certainly doesn't look to be the game of the week on paper. Have a feeling both offenses won't score much, first defense to break a little bit will probably lose. Excited to see our preseason MVP booming punts in that altitude though. Point of optimism is Broncos run D isn't very good and I think Russ will be able to move the ball okay. Just can't let Keenum dink and dunk to touchdowns.

17 Seahawks
13 Broncos

Shaz

Reaction score
Without a pass rush I don't see how we can stop them, Keenum isn't the best but he's good enough to pick us apart

21-17 Broncos

nrayorr

Reaction score
I'm sticking with the Hawks to win 21-7.

Our pass rush is better than most people believe. Minnesota's 1s on defense got better than last year (IMHO) and we were able to score on them pretty well. Also, our defense was able create pressure the QB practically the entire time the 1s were on the field in the preseason. Denver's defense isn't the same that it was and to me their "no fly zone" will be taken advantage of when we fly below their radar and become undetectable.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks 24-Denver 17

Dickson plays a huge roll and Wilson is the difference.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The return of Earl Thomas is a monkeywrench. Has the line moved at all?

I think he takes a tremendous amount of pressure off of the young secondary, and frees the LB corps to focus on what's in front of them. Even though I have soured on ETIII, I still think he brings a lot to the table, and tilts them in Seattle's favor.

Updated prediction
Seahawks 20, Broncos 17

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't even know if they want to use Earl this Sunday until they know how he responds to practice for a few days, spot duty maybe but not as a starter I would think.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Hawks 24-10
We can negate their awesome pass rush with quick screens which is their D weakness. We can stretch the field with those big WR's winning the jump ball which would open up the run. Keenum will have to be able to orchestrate several 80+ drives due to Dickson flipping the field. He won't. Guys on D WILL have to step up and play to potential. They will.

Slick

Reaction score
Score at halftime will be 3-0. Not sure who will score those three points but it will be in pathetic fashion and you will be watching movies on your iPAD by this point.

In the 2nd half Case Keenum throws two touchdown passes to two members of John Elway's teeth (which have fallen out of his head and onto the field).

Seriously - I know it can't be this lopsided but I feel like Case Keenum's record against the Seahawks is 13-0 or something like that. Game will suck and Broncos will win 16-10.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I think if the running game is as good as I think it can be the Hawks win in a back and forth contest. But if the O-line plays like garbage and the game is all on Wilson’s back it will be a loss, it’s a team game and the team will need a TEAM win.

Seahawks 27
Broncos 21

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
All you guys slogging Keenum are going to be pulling your hair out when he completes short pass after short pass after short pass Sunday. He isn't Aaron Rodgers, but he isn't a scrub, either. He is exactly the kind of high completion guy that drives our vanilla and well-known scheme bonkers, especially without a top-flight pass rush.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
rcaido":m8ixa0f0 said:
Denver only has pass rusher but that's pretty much it. Keenum had a career year with good O-line, receivers, and great field position w/ the Vikings.

As long as we dont turn the ball over and we control the field with our punts, we should win this easy.

Seahawks 27
Donkies 10

I guess you missed that Denver drafted the best available pass rusher this year (Bradley Chubb)? They also have backers and other linemen that can bring pressure (Harris, Walker, Barrett).

acer1240

Reaction score
I don't like the Thomas or SI distractions.
24-6 Broncos.

Donkospurt spurts

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I see a 31-17 Seahawks victory. The "running game" will prove that it is greatly improved & RW will have a great game. I'm anxious to see Penny show his stuff on KO/punt returns as well as in the running game where he is the forgotten 1-st round draft pick that no one talks about - anywhere. That is going to change, big time.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Broncos Coach was recently quoted saying that Seahawks defense is nothing new, its the same old defense we have had the past few years. I don't know about you all, but I take that as a compliment. What he was saying in affect, is that in spite of the absences of Sherman, Chancellor, Avril, Bennett, that the Legion of Boom Defense is still alive and well,

I think most will realize that, after the upcoming game in Denver, Back Bigger and Badder than they ever were.
We unloaded a bunch of aging players who couldn't stay health and who's performances, had diminished even when they were able to stay on the field.

Maybe I'm dreaming and being overly optimistic, I've been guilty of that in the past, but I really do see something special brewing this season for the Seahawks, on both sides of the ball. Our defense seem to hold its own just finde agains some o fthe best offenses in the NFL in preseason, at least while the cream of our crop was on the field anyways.

Our offense is much improved, giving Russell more time to let his pass plays develop and the magic with his receivers this year is undeniable. I don' remember seeing our offensive line open up creases for our Running Backs and Half Balks, since the days of Marshawn Lynch.

I have always maintained that our running backs were never the problem, our offensive line coulnd't create opportunities for them to run. Marshawn got tired of tearing himself up trying to make openings where there were none, and ultimately opted retirement over pouning his head against a brick wall and embarrassing himself.

I envision the Seahawks having a record breaking running game, this season, and that is not to diminish the improvement we have seen in Chris Carson and Mike Davis, It's clear that they worked their asses off in the offseason and are back bigger and badder than ever. They both would have shined last season behind this offensive line. The same is true for CJ Prosise, he was another injury statistic stemming from a terrible offense line and trying to make something from noshing.

i do think that it is worth mentioning and giving credit to the offensive coaches and coordinator who has facilitated our offensive line and play strategies so that our running and passing games are functional once again. Even C.J. seems to be in his element this season, perhaps because they are finally using him the way he should be used.

I can''t wait for kickoff tomorrow in Denver, I'm so hoping that all the media critics find themselves backtracking and eating crow all next week, as they try to explain away why The Seattle Seahawks, are not the piss poor collection of misfits they have all tried to convince the public that they are.

I see so much talent and potential greatness all over the Seahawks 53 man roster and on the practice squad as well. I couldn't have asked for a better breakdown and final call than what Pete and John gave us. The real star I'm keeping my eye on, is Shaquem or Griff, as seems to be his adopted name now. That guy has brought some real magic to the Emerald City, and I'm going to try and make it to every game in Seallte to see that miracle unfold on the filed at the CLINK.