Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Broncos)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":13ivopik said:
This will be an ugly, boring, sloppy, frustrating game to watch. Keenum will dink and dunk his offense down the field and score just enough points to win.

Ifedi gets embarrassed by Von Miller, and .Net goes into complete meltdown mode after this loss.

Denver 20 Seattle 14

You better be here in the game day forum other wise you can't complain. Full painful experience is required.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dickson kicks 70 yd punts in this game with 5.5 to 6 seconds hang time and the Game Day Forum goes crazy.

Beren

Reaction score
Expecting an unpolished performance. Few 3 and outs, but Carson to find his way into the game and RW's playmaking to be the difference.

Reckon we might edge a low-scoring affair: 17-10

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
An entire season of hearing how they will suck. Hawks will have an actual running game, which will prove the difference in this one. Jaron Brown has a huge game, burns someone for a deep touchdown. Carson with 85 yards rushing and a......wait for it......an actual Rushing TD :irishdrinkers:
After a ridiculously boring first half, the Hawks start pounding the rock to set up the pass, and take the game over. Russ has a solid game, and yet another outstanding 4th quarter. But people complain about an early fluke tipped interception instead of concentrating on another 4th Quarter win for Russ.

Hawks 20-16

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks need this win. A win opening day on the road will give them a huge confidence boost. Going 0-4 preseason left a bad taste that they need to get rid of. I remember the old days when the Hawks and Broncos were division rivals.Those were some great games. 20-13 Hawks :!:

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":gmnv327o said:
This will be an ugly, boring, sloppy, frustrating game to watch. Keenum will dink and dunk his offense down the field and score just enough points to win.

Ifedi gets embarrassed by Von Miller, and .Net goes into complete meltdown mode after this loss.

Denver 20 Seattle 14
Something like this. Pass rush will decide it. They can pressure the QB while we cannot - especially against a check down QB like Keenum. If we can run the ball we have a good shot but Denver is solid vs the run too.

I think this might be the game that shows the optimists that, yes, we are rebuilding after all and still have a long way to go in that process.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Optimism is a good thing. I fully expect an up and down season. Rollercoaster time, enjoy the ride.
Losing this game doesn't mean they won't have a good team.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The big mystery before kick off is will he or won't he play. There are supposed Thomas sightings at Denver International, and at Platinum 84.

At kickoff, he is nowhere to be seen.

Broncos win the toss and defer.

Seahawks come out too hyped up. After the slow starts of the last several seasons, and the 0-4 preseason, they are eager to show that they are a different team now.

Wilson pulls his first drive "failure to protect the ball trick" when Von Miller destroys Ifedi. The strip sack sets up a short field for the cunning Austin Davis er Ryan Fitzpatrick ah Josh McCown um Matt Cassel uh Case Keenum. Yeah that's the one. Freeman pounds it in for an early 7-0 Broncos lead.

Second series looks a little better. Wilson shows happy feet, but protects the ball. He connects with Baldwin for a first down, but otherwise the team looks a bit flat. Big Dickson booms it, forgetting to account for the elevation. Great hang time, but it lands a full 5 yards into the end zone.

Keenum dinks and dunks, but looks like he is getting great protection due to a surprisingly weak pass rush. Wagner still looks rusty, and we concede the middle of the field. We make a good stand in the red zone and hold them to 3. 10-0 Broncos.

A couple of forgettable series that leave fans of both teams scratching their heads.

As the half draws to a close, Wilson shows his magic and marches the Hawks down field. A touchdown pass to Lockett raises the hopes of Seahawks fans everywhere, who forget to realize that it's mostly because Harris was covering Baldwin, and the rest of the secondary is just absolute garbage.

SeaBass lines up and drills a booming PAT right into the Section 131 End Zone Philly concession, where it finds the bottom of one of those bottomless buckets of popcorn. Broncos 10, Seahawks 6

Inexplicably, Carroll elects to try an onside kick to open the second half. It fails, of course, setting up another short field. Case Keenum capitalizes to bring us to a 17-6 game.

The flashes of brilliance, displayed in the final drive of the first half, seem a distant memory as the Hawks foolishly decide that the second half is the right time to start pounding the rock and establishing the run. News flash, we pound, but fail to establish. SeaBass, having polished off three whole Mile High Pies, 2 Blitz Burgers with Garlic Parmesan Fries, and a Denver Chili Cheese Dog at half time, seems sluggish and booms a 46 yarder, wide right, into a First and Fusion, Gluten Free Noodle, Veggie Bowl.

Thankfully, our defense seems to come alive, holding the Broncos to a field goal in the 3rd quarter. Broncos 20, Seahawks 6.

The fourth quarter belongs to Russell Wilson, as always. He pulls so many rabbits out of the hat, that PETA knocks on his door, "Would you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior Spay or Neuter Your Pet?" Unfortunately, the Hawks really can't punch it in. Janikowski, however, found his R-O-L-A-I-D-S and gets two short field goals out of the deal. Keenum returns to the form that banished him to forever journeyman status, and can't move the ball. Seahawks fans take short-lived solace that at least the Carroll defense is back baby. That belief will last for exactly 8 days before the Mighty Mitch Trubisky torches them and exposes the truth, this secondary is atrocious without Thomas help over the top.

The Big Dickson advantage has largely been neutralized by the Seahawks bumbling, and the altitude, but fans still see him as the key to the Super Bowl, and their new mantra is "Field position wins championships."

Final score Broncos 20, Seahawks 12.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ahhh it's finally that time of year. I think the offense comes out improved and the defense gives up bunch of yards but holds the Broncos to mostly FGs. Hawks win 26-23. Seabass has a 4/4 day and we no longer have to sacrifice Blair Walsh to Mt. Rainier.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zyo1w8o said:
Optimism is a good thing. I fully expect an up and down season. Rollercoaster time, enjoy the ride.
Losing this game doesn't mean they won't have a good team.

Fully agreed. Win or lose the opening game, this team will look much different in December.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":efukrhws said:
Jerhawk":efukrhws said:

Denver 20 Seattle 14

You better be here in the game day forum other wise you can't complain. Full painful experience is required.

Oh yeah I'll be in there. And I hope to eat crow. I always pick Seattle to lose. Some may call it being a poor fan, I look at it as using reverse psychology. Prove me wrong Seattle

RCATES

Reaction score
I believe this game sets the tone for how this team is going to compete this year. I say compete because I truely believe this team is headed for a couple year drought of losing seasons. PC flat out has been getting out coached lately and that's not good on a team that will have a suspect secondary and very little if any pass rush this season. This game will be the same old story we've seen over the past few seasons. Wilson will struggle to find receivers and be under constant pressure ultimately leading to not very many points. Denver will score at will against our revamped Defense. Bronco's 27-13.

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2jrcz7zn said:
No way we lose by 2 touchdowns. If we do, next beer is on me Cates :irishdrinkers:

You're on. I know it seems like I've been really down on this team lately but I just go off what I see. I hope I'm wrong.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
No strong feeling on this one. I think this team gets things going later in the year, but don't see it happening on the road in week one. Hope I'm disappointed. Donks 20 Hawks 17.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":27ddmsp0 said:
As the half draws to a close, Wilson shows his magic and marches the Hawks down field. A touchdown pass to Lockett raises the hopes of Seahawks fans everywhere, who forget to realize that it's mostly because Harris was covering Baldwin, and the rest of the secondary is just absolute garbage.

SeaBass lines up and drills a booming PAT right into the Section 131 End Zone Philly concession, where it finds the bottom of one of those bottomless buckets of popcorn. Broncos 10, Seahawks 6

How does one score a touchdown and kick a PAT and only have 6 points? Are the scoreboard keepers against us too?

rcaido

Reaction score
Denver only has pass rusher but that's pretty much it. Keenum had a career year with good O-line, receivers, and great field position w/ the Vikings.

As long as we dont turn the ball over and we control the field with our punts, we should win this easy.

Seahawks 27
Donkies 10