Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Bucs)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Winston throws a decent "deep ball"

ETIII out.

I don't like it.

Coming off a couple of big wins.

I won't jinx us with a prediction.
0d0f9fff76eeb444cf0e5a296765ce93.jpg

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't like this. It's hard to predict what will happen with all the injuries.

We match up incredibly well on both sides of the ball except in one glaring category: 3rd down conversions and on both sides of the ball. The Bucs are decent at converting 3rd downs, especially long ones and we're pretty adept at giving up the long 3rd downs lately. I'm not sure how the Bucs are a good 3rd down defense but they are, conversely I think the Seahawks' poor 3rd down conversion rate is effected by the poor start of the year and we've been better lately.

I was really slanting towards predicting a Hawks loss. With the injuries, I just didn't feel good about the game. We'll still good a good pass rush regardless of Bennett or not. In the end, I'm going against my gut feeling.

Seahawks 31
Bucs 24

I think our mismatch on offense is just too much.

HawkGA

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":vlwofe7a said:
Not liking being without Thomas and Shead vs Winston and Evans...

We need to score a lot, and we will.

Seahawks 31, Bucs 23

Sherman will shadow Evans, not too worried about that. I'm thinking even being down 4 starts the defense still holds up strong. I'll give the Bucs 13 points. Seahawks will have more.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I enjoy this thread and read everyone of them but rarely contribute, just prefer to keep my views to myself.

Yep, there are lots of injuries, and some key players out; but this team responds to adversity by rising above. Vegas says Hawks by 6 despite the betting lines almost all taking the under. Vegas was wrong about the Patriots and said the Eagles games would be closer but they've been burned a lot by the come from behind cardiac kids we all love.

I think our backups are going to kick some Buccaneer Butts on Sunday, Some of them have a few things to prove and the vets remaining are for sure the #1 scoring D. TB will not run on this D with any success and the DBs will shut down their pass D so it doesn't gouge them. It's not a 10 a.m. game and the O has recently kicked it into gear. I truly expect to see RW work some magic, play action with Rawls setting their D up and a return of the read option. I think the Hawks will win going away and the spread will get covered easily.

Hawks by 15+ with very little drama and a good reliable undisputed convincing W. The Hawks have a clear idea that getting to the big game is easily within this team's ability this year and this is just another championship opportunity.

After the NE game, and the convincing last game dispatch of the former #1 Philly scoring D to the real #1 scoring D, I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity and the fretting here. I believe the Hawks ihave a very solid team which will only get stronger as the season progresses and they return to health. Meanwhile it will be next man up, those men will show up.

I say 34-13 Seahawks.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Our passing game goes off. Wilson throws fir over 400yds.
34-20 hawks

8-1-1 rtd

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mizak

Reaction score
Seahawks always play to the level of their opponents. Seeing as to how the Bucs play up and down, Seahawks 20, Bucs 16.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Russ throws for 312, 3 TDs. MVP talk really heats up.

Doug goes 5-88, 1 TD
Lockett goes 4-82, 1 TD and it's 50+
Jimmy goes 6-76, 1 TD and it's 15-

Rawls flirts with 100 but falls short at 18-82

Bobby gets 14 tackles and a pick

Seahawks 34
Bucs 14

Record to date: 2-0-8

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hope I'm wrong here, but would be pleasantly surprised with a win. I just think like the Saints did, the Bucs are catching us at a perfect time for them. At full strength this game isnt close, but our injuries catch up to us this week.

Bucs 27
Seahawks 24

Largent80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2v51ezjb said:
Hope I'm wrong here, but would be pleasantly surprised with a win. I just think like the Saints did, the Bucs are catching us at a perfect time for them. At full strength this game isnt close, but our injuries catch up to us this week.

Bucs 27
Seahawks 24

LOL. we just put up more points than that on a MUCH better defense.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3jkzs1f5 said:
I enjoy this thread and read everyone of them but rarely contribute, just prefer to keep my views to myself.

Yep, there are lots of injuries, and some key players out; but this team responds to adversity by rising above. Vegas says Hawks by 6 despite the betting lines almost all taking the under. Vegas was wrong about the Patriots and said the Eagles games would be closer but they've been burned a lot by the come from behind cardiac kids we all love.

I think our backups are going to kick some Buccaneer Butts on Sunday, Some of them have a few things to prove and the vets remaining are for sure the #1 scoring D. TB will not run on this D with any success and the DBs will shut down their pass D so it doesn't gouge them. It's not a 10 a.m. game and the O has recently kicked it into gear. I truly expect to see RW work some magic, play action with Rawls setting their D up and a return of the read option. I think the Hawks will win going away and the spread will get covered easily.

Hawks by 15+ with very little drama and a good reliable undisputed convincing W. The Hawks have a clear idea that getting to the big game is easily within this team's ability this year and this is just another championship opportunity.

After the NE game, and the convincing last game dispatch of the former #1 Philly scoring D to the real #1 scoring D, I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity and the fretting here. I believe the Hawks ihave a very solid team which will only get stronger as the season progresses and they return to health. Meanwhile it will be next man up, those men will show up.

I say 34-13 Seahawks.

Its not "negativity". Have you seen our injury report? Have you seen Mike Evans play?

I think you are going to be surprised by how close this game is.

One problem I see on this board is Seahawks fans only looking at an opponent's record and making assumptions based on that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
28-27 Hawks, zebras (phantom PI calls) and a couple of defensive let downs (due to no ET) will keep this one closer than it should be.

Haushmoney with a last second chip shot 20 yard FG for the win, which will be partially blocked but still goes through. :2thumbs:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Even with Earl Thomas out, I don't see any way that the Hawks lose this one. Thomas's absence will be felt, but no matter how many ways you slice it, Tampa Bay is just not a really good defensive club. They will prove themselves to be no match for Russell Wilson and company. The Bucs are 1-4 at home on the season and I just don't see much chance of that improving this Sunday. I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 35
Bucs 17

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1v38u3p9 said:

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself. From Nemhauser's article ...

Explosive plays will be a potential deciding factor in this game. Seattle has five games this year with at least eight explosive plays on offense (16+ yard pass, 12+ yard run). They have won each of those games and averaged 30.4 points. There is reason to expect this will be the sixth such game.

Even with the injuries this year, Seattle ranks fifth in the NFL in explosive pass plays. The Bucs defense ranks dead last in surrendering explosive passes. That will not get any easier should their best corner be sidelined and with their nickel back suspended.

The Bucs are not much better in defending big rushing plays. They rank 27th in the NFL in allowing runs of over 12 yards. This is the most advantageous matchup for the Seahawks offense since facing the 49ers.
Source:
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/11/tale-tape-bucs-vs-seahawks-full-action.html

Yes, the Bucs have individually talented players like Winston, Evans, and David ... but overall (as a whole) this is just NOT a very good team. The Bucs weren't a good defensive unit BEFORE WITH Grimes and Adjei-Barimah. Now that they've lost their 2 best corners ... trying to stop a finally healthy and very dangerous looking Russell Wilson? Things could get pretty ugly for the Buc faithful tomorrow.

Latest posts