Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Bucs)

SeaChat

Reaction score
Well it's time for me to jump in and make my fearless prediction for week 12. Seattle Seahawks beat the Buccaneers 38 - 23. I started out the week thinking it would be a blow out, but a lot of the injured list on the Buc's side is clearing up. I'm not convinced that they all got well, but I am convinced that they know they need to put every last man out there that can stand and breath, if they want any chance of beating us.

I think that the Seahawks will do just fine on both offence and defense in spite of having a few of our best players out for this one. The quality of our backup players will come through for us.

As for the Buc's, I think the Seahawk's defense is going to get to Winston early and often, I think that Sherman is pumped up and will take Evans as a personal challenge to his standings in the NFL and show everyone why so many say that he is the best CB in the business. Avril will do what he does best, with the help of the rest of the Boom and put lower the Boom on Jamies, forcing him to prematurely releasing the ball, resulting in deflections, interceptions and fumbles.

On the offense, Russell is running on all 8 now, the receiver core is solid and will all make plays for us. Thomas Rawls is fired up and ready to roll, Alex Collins is looking to make a case that he wasn't a bad decision and I think he will do fine tonight as well. George Farmer may or may not get a chance to play. I'm hoping that Rawls and Collins perform well enough that we don't need to bring Farmer in and use him as an emergency backup, should anything happen to Rawls or Collins, God forbid that happening, we need to quit breaking our RBs up for a while.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The Bucs are interesting, but I don't really seem them posing a threat as they seem to teeter totter all year, especially sitting at 5-5. They're the best average team in the NFL and I think Seattle will knock their teeth in, especially see the Defense getting to Winston at least three times.

Seahawks Win: 31-13

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you people think that our D will give these pretenders more than 10 points. Maybe 12 if they take a lot of FGs. Meanwhile, our newly resurgent (and healthy) championship-caliber offense (despite the OC) will score at least 35. Therefore, I'm going conservative and saying 35-12. Book it.

kf3339

Reaction score
I decided to wait and get a feeling for the injury reports before making a prediction, but alas we won't know about Britt and Shead until game time. Who knows what else might happen, but I don't see the Bucs hanging with us all game long.

So I'm going with Hawks 34-17. I think we will more than likely pass to set up the run and their defense just isn't that good.This is especially against the pass, hence why I think RW and his receivers are going to have a massive game. Rawls will stay healthy and have about 80 yards running.

Our defense will be what it is. Bend but don't break and hold them down until the 4th quarter when we will give up 10 of their 17 point total.

RTD: 6-3-1

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
This game is much tougher than it looks. TB hangs in there longer than is comfortable, but Seattle pulls it out in the end, again.

Sea 25
TB 18

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ayusw4b said:
Not liking being without Thomas and Shead vs Winston and Evans...

We need to score a lot, and we will.

Seahawks 31, Bucs 23
Not to mention Britt--game day decision.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1j2jnjye said:

Once again, Nemhauser can't get past the first paragraph without being wrong about something. And...Tale of the Tape? There wasn't an ounce of "tape" in there, just stats. Which is fine, just...call it that.

Eh. Pete absolutely plays down to competition and absolutely holds injured players out until tough games. Tampa and Carolina don't qualify. I doubt we get Earl and Bennett back until the Packers at earliest.

Winston's going to look great today.

Wilson will just have to look greater.

SEA 38
TB 34

RTD: 6-4

Bobblehead

Reaction score
For me it's a statement game, sure it's the Bucs, but we are without key players, the Bucs are on a roll, one of their only full capacity games and it's a game to put the Turds and the sheep to sleep.
33 -17

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it too late to change my pick? :stirthepot:

Largent80

Reaction score
Holy shit, was I wrong.

Seahawks didn't show up today. Lane runs into Terrell making the INT. RW looks like Cutler, Richardson just needs to go away, and the bucs #25 defense looks like superbowl champions.

SeaChat

Reaction score
pacific101":16l33s7r said:
Well it's time for me to jump in and make my fearless prediction for week 12. Seattle Seahawks beat the Buccaneers 38 - 23. I started out the week thinking it would be a blow out, but a lot of the injured list on the Buc's side is clearing up. I'm not convinced that they all got well, but I am convinced that they know they need to put every last man out there that can stand and breath, if they want any chance of beating us.

I think that the Seahawks will do just fine on both offence and defense in spite of having a few of our best players out for this one. The quality of our backup players will come through for us.

As for the Buc's, I think the Seahawk's defense is going to get to Winston early and often, I think that Sherman is pumped up and will take Evans as a personal challenge to his standings in the NFL and show everyone why so many say that he is the best CB in the business. Avril will do what he does best, with the help of the rest of the Boom and put lower the Boom on Jamies, forcing him to prematurely releasing the ball, resulting in deflections, interceptions and fumbles.

On the offense, Russell is running on all 8 now, the receiver core is solid and will all make plays for us. Thomas Rawls is fired up and ready to roll, Alex Collins is looking to make a case that he wasn't a bad decision and I think he will do fine tonight as well. George Farmer may or may not get a chance to play. I'm hoping that Rawls and Collins perform well enough that we don't need to bring Farmer in and use him as an emergency backup, should anything happen to Rawls or Collins, God forbid that happening, we need to quit breaking our RBs up for a while.

Man, the Crow is in the oven, LMAO. I won't rely on "inside info" again in making my game score predictions. what happen to the Bucaroos defense and offensive lines being all busted up, key players being out, then day before game a bunch are cleared to play. In any event, thus far anyways, still 3rd quarter, the Buc's are doing pretty good on all levels.

They are, in my opinion, getting some hometown help from the zebras. Even with that they shouldn't be giving us as much as they are. I have to tip my hat to the Buc's, especially Mike Evans and Jamie's Winston. I was sure our defense, without Earl and Mike, would be able to shut that duo down.

There is still time to turn this game around and weak out of here with a win, but not likely with the spread I predicted, unless the 12 magic shows up and does its stuff..

To be continued....

Yep Crow it is... We didn't just get our asses beat, we got them packaged up, tied with a bow and handed to us. I put it all on the Shoulders of Russell Wilson, everybody is allowed a shitty day now and then, he had his today. He was holding the ball to long, he was throwing way to hard to have any control of it, his accuracy and timing with his receivers wasn't there either.

Maybe there is something going on in his life outside of football right now, he just didn't play like his mind was front and center. So I'll eat my fill of crow and thensome , and hope that whatever the hell that was we saw out there today goes away and never shows itself again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shoulda went with my gut instead of my heart this week.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I guess the OLine does suck, Wilson was off today and with little offensive blocking the run game was woeful.

I'm here for my crow having predicted a 15+ win by our team. My belief however is that the injuries were not the difference but Tampa played better on D than I expected, our OLine was exposed, 1 or 2 conversions for 12 on 3rd down, Wilson sacked 6 times, very poor show by the Offense.

The problems were there all game and the running game couldn't get it done with little contribution rom the OLine.

The team sure didn't look like it showed up for the game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fx8kecic said:
Hope I'm wrong here, but would be pleasantly surprised with a win. I just think like the Saints did, the Bucs are catching us at a perfect time for them. At full strength this game isnt close, but our injuries catch up to us this week.

Bucs 27
Seahawks 24

I gave our offense too much credit, but all the signs of a let down game were there. Now look forward to smacking the Panthers around and finishing the year out strong.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Truth is, it's silly to feel bad about being wrong in a prediction. We all know in the NFL anything can happen, it's why they play the game. Sure, we should have reason to believe a certain outcome but at the end of the day, anything can, and does happen.

All of us who predicted a win shouldn't feel bad about it. We had good reason to believe a win was probable.

Latest posts