Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

bighawk

Reaction score
I think letting chris long get away is hurting their defensive line. I believe once our o-line settles in we will take off. Our d-line rotation will dominate and stifle there offense. 28-6

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
21 - 17 Hawks. I have a lot of trepidation about this one. They're going to be pumped and need to prove themselves. We need to get on top of them early. Still, another sloppy game but another 4th quarter comeback from Russ, and a huge sigh of relief when it's over.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way in this earthly world that our Seahawks won't be ready for this game... Especially after the heart pounder against Miami that we were supposed to dominate.... Not going to lose, not going to be a bad game, but possibly not a blowout.... Although if our D scores a TD or Two, which is not beyond the realm of possibility.... It could be very Seahawks heavy sided.... Yes, even in LA LA Land.... :mrgreen:

Seahawks 28 :2thumbs:

LA LA Lams 10

:irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
17-16 Hawks in a nail biter.

Seattle scores 1 defensive or special teams TD.

Rams D decides to show up this week, Rams move the ball on offense more than expected.

Haushmoney makes a chipshot FG with 0:00 left on the clock.

dogorama

Reaction score
I'm sticking w/my score of last wk: 30-13 Seahawks

I think both teams will break out of their offensive funk AND it's the same philosophy of my lottery numbers.

That same philosophy taught me one of my earliest lessons in life. I went to Vegas when I was 22 or so and sat myself down at the blackjack table. I played for a while and did alright and then started losing. In fact, I lost 14 times in a row. Occasionally I would double up but eventually, I ran out of money. Shortly thereafter I returned to school and took a required statistics class. It reminded me of the blackjack experience and the first day I asked the prof what the odds were of winning the 15th time. He showed me the formula and when I was done he asked the result. "The same as the first time," I replied sheepishly. "That's right," he said.

Hawker

Reaction score
27-6 Hawks

A bit optimistic sure, but this is the year we don't let the Rams hang around.

RTD: 1-0

A

Anonymous

Another low-scoring affair...

...for the Rams! :mrgreen:

Seahawks: 24
Rams: 9

Ruminator

Reaction score
Should be a satisfying display of wreaking havoc by our D.

We score ten safeties and a TD.

Seattle 27
Los Angeles 9

Vetamur

Reaction score
Seahawk 16 Rams 3

I think this will look like the Bears game last year when the Bears didnt even try... But the Rams will be trying. With similar results.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I doubt Russ is 100%, and the Rams always seem to find a way to get a non-offensive TD against us. I think you take the energy of the home opener and the Hawks' propensity to start so badly and it worries me. I also do not see any way the Rams play as bad as they did last week. Gonna be a grinder I expect the Hawks will lose unfortunately.

Rams 16
Hawks 9

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Always tough against the Rams, but I still think we'll win:

Seattle 13
LA 10

NJlargent

Reaction score
Everyone will complain about cheap shots and our offense will only be serviceable the last 2 minutes of the half and last 5 minutes of the game.

Rams 20
Hawks 10

bigskydoc

Reaction score
From their first possession, it will become apparent that the Rams finally decided that the pre-season is over. Whether it is because they didn't want to tip their hand to the Seahawks last week, or because they finally realize they aren't talented enough to pull off the "I'm going to show you exactly what's coming, and dare you to stop me" philosophy, they are going to install a significantly better game plan this week.

They will start with a quick passing attack to mask their questionable offensive line. Combined with the Seahawks defensive philosophy, the game plan will leave naive fans thinking, "Hmm, maybe Keenum isn't so bad after all." Speaking of their line, they will come out with yet another combination, but this one will be closer to what it looked like at the end of pre-season. It will look significantly better than the line they featured in San Francisco.

Tavon Austin will be doing his best Percy Harvin impression, and Ram's fans will still be wondering is he a running back? A wide receiver? Why don't we ever use him as a deep threat instead of only getting the ball to him within 3 yards of the LOS.

Gurley is in for another rough outing, but will enjoy more success than he did last week.

Russ comes out eager to show the world just how indestructible he is, but the plan limits his mobility more than he would like. He responds by dialing up a deadly, quick passing attack. Graham and Rawls feature heavily into the early game plan, with the deep field opening up for Russ as the game progresses and the defense tires. Trumaine Johnson lives up to his contract, but the rest of the suspect secondary is picked apart as the game progresses. Graham suffers a setback and misses the Jets and Falcons games.

Good news is that, despite getting pressured and sacked throughout the game, Wilson does not sustain a new injury. However, he does aggravate his ankle sprain when he rolls out but has to cut back into the pocket. He doesn't have to sit out, but there are a few series where it clearly is bothering him. Rawls looks good, plays good and has more of an impact on the game than his stat line shows. Prosise leaves us scratching our heads, not sure what to make of him.

Earl Thomas struggles. He comes out so fired up to prove that last week was a fluke that he plays tight and whiffs on tackles for a second week in a row. He misses what should be an easy interception. A big Hawks' lead in the second half should take the pressure off of him, but it doesn't.

At the end of the day, this game has an odd feel to it. It feels a lot closer than the final score would indicate, and both teams leave with more questions than answers.

Final score Hawks 27, Rams 10

Recod 0-1 thanks to Pete not putting Boykin in

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1ziypth6 said:
its-a-trap

Tell me this hasn't crossed some of your minds this week. With the Rams getting absolutely shellacked on national TV by the 49ers no less, where the very heart of their defense was called out and embarrassed...You know, the Front 7 that is supposed to be the best in the NFL? I just couldn't imagine a worse scenario heading into Week 2's matchup.

If anyone thinks their defense is going to play similarly in their debut home opener in front of a record crowd I have news for you. While the Seahawks will certainly be watching that game film to exploit weaknesses and to help put Russell and the OL in the best possible position to succeed, have no doubt their defense is going to be fired up and will take every opportunity within their means to go after a less than 100% Russ.

Expect another low scoring defensive battle. I suspect both offenses will struggle throughout. If we can continue shotguns, empty sets, quick slants, outs, etc, to help keep Russ from being on his back, and establish the run early, the game is ours. If our OL gets pushed back and Russ is running for his life, chalk up the L now.

This is one of those games I would normally be predicting a loss because I have a bad feeling about this game. They seem to have our number and add in Fisher's penchant for trickery against us (that inexplicably always works!!) and this game gives me the heebie jeebie's.

However, I have to believe we are the better team period and if even by the skin of our teeth we SHOULD walk away with a W, and hopefully not at Russ' health's expense. Put another way, neither a W or a L will surprise me this week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Rams 16

Aros' Fearless Record To Date: 1-0

I hear ya. The Rams seem to forget that we're the Mighty Seahawks of the NFC West and promptly punch us in the the freakin face!! Everything lines up for this.

!. Humiliated by a Blaine Gabbert led team
2. Humiliated by a Blaine Gabbert led team
3. Home opener after 20+ years away
4. Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat
5. Jeff Fisher always has the Rams ready to play Seattle

I would feel lucky to leave there with a win to be honest. They aren't as bad as Monday night would suggest.

morgulon1

Reaction score
morgulon1":12ybazad said:
Aros":12ybazad said:
its-a-trap

Tell me this hasn't crossed some of your minds this week. With the Rams getting absolutely shellacked on national TV by the 49ers no less, where the very heart of their defense was called out and embarrassed...You know, the Front 7 that is supposed to be the best in the NFL? I just couldn't imagine a worse scenario heading into Week 2's matchup.

If anyone thinks their defense is going to play similarly in their debut home opener in front of a record crowd I have news for you. While the Seahawks will certainly be watching that game film to exploit weaknesses and to help put Russell and the OL in the best possible position to succeed, have no doubt their defense is going to be fired up and will take every opportunity within their means to go after a less than 100% Russ.

Expect another low scoring defensive battle. I suspect both offenses will struggle throughout. If we can continue shotguns, empty sets, quick slants, outs, etc, to help keep Russ from being on his back, and establish the run early, the game is ours. If our OL gets pushed back and Russ is running for his life, chalk up the L now.

This is one of those games I would normally be predicting a loss because I have a bad feeling about this game. They seem to have our number and add in Fisher's penchant for trickery against us (that inexplicably always works!!) and this game gives me the heebie jeebie's.

However, I have to believe we are the better team period and if even by the skin of our teeth we SHOULD walk away with a W, and hopefully not at Russ' health's expense. Put another way, neither a W or a L will surprise me this week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Rams 16

Aros' Fearless Record To Date: 1-0

I hear ya. The Rams seem to forget that we're the Mighty Seahawks of the NFC West and promptly punch us in the the freakin face!! Everything lines up for this.

!. Humiliated by a Blaine Gabbert led team
2. Humiliated by a Blaine Gabbert led team
3. Home opener after 20+ years away
4. Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat
5. Jeff Fisher always has the Rams ready to play Seattle

I would feel lucky to leave there with a win to be honest. They aren't as bad as Monday night would suggest.

PS: SEA 17
LA 20