Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Well....9 out of 10 fellows at ESPN NFL Picks pick the Hawks to WIN. Vegas has us winning by -6.5. We have everything going in our favor. Should we lose.....we are a "mental case". I was listening to Russ this afternoon at his press conference. He sounded pretty positive( as usual) about his ability to play this Sunday. Rawls is listed as a "starter".

I pick the Hawks to win....20 - 12.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The Monday night game 3 plus years ago was a trap game in sleepy St. Louis, another bad team....

the year afterwards it was another spot on the schedule that ultimately didn't matter

Last year, it was Dion Bailey playing 55+ snaps at Strong Safety, Drew Nowak at Center, Britt at guard, first game for Tyler Lockett, no Thomas Rawls, a healthy but uncertain Jimmy Graham, in his first start as a Seahawk.....oh and we also carried around some guy named Cary Williams, who became the focal point of offensive attacks.

There are far less uncertain things and there is only one way for the Rams to win and it's on the offensive line to just make normal blocks....

Better offense-Seahawks

Better defense-Seahawks

Better playmakers-Seahawks

Better coaching staff-Seahawks

The only thing preventing Seattle in years past was a terrible playing surface, a sleepy dome, a not so explosive offense and you can only get excited for so many games and frankly the Rams are not going to get Seattle's best effort.

The difference is you are now playing a team in Los Angeles and nobody is going to go to LA, without some level of excitement when they play at the Coliseum...it's a historical venue, it's home for players like Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman, Mike Morgan and countless others like Kris Richard and Pete Carroll.....

You are not going to see a sleepwalking effort, if anything, this has the potential to be a runaway....and then when it is, no one here is going to say the Seahawks made a statement today, by putting away a nemesis or team that has given them trouble...instead they will point to when the Rams are going to start Goff, a QB that isn't ready to face a team like Seattle this year.

Seattle wins 30-13 and it's going to be aided by defense, Deshawn Shead's breakout game at CB, a dominate effort by Lane against Tavon Austin and a TD from Jimmy Graham in the early 3rd quarter that puts this game out of reach.

The trap game is next week hosting SF and coming out of the bye vs ATL....we will be ready for the Jets in Week 4, this team knows when it is playing in front of bright lights and this is one of those weeks, much more than MIA in the opener.

seahawksny

Reaction score
We score a fg, a td with missed PAT and a safety to win it while down 10-9

Hawks win 11-10

chris98251

Reaction score
We see the Fisher / Williams defense, Wilson is going to be hit and if gets tackled have everyone trying to twist and bend that ankle the un bounty :) on Wilson is probably around 10,000 this game, we will see Boykin at least 1 play.

Atradees

Reaction score
Jedi master yoda quotes meditation school

This is not the same Rams offense.

I believe we will have the passing game a little better this week and thats all we needed to be a little more dynamic.
It turn, Rawls will chomping at the bit and the lineman will have a little better run blocking.

Our D will shine.

Seahawks.........27
Rams................6

A very unexpected game

Atradees 1-0

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
This is a revenge game for Wilson, I believe it will be many years before an nfc west team sweeps the Hawks again

Seattle 27
Lambs 3

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Most betting lines today have the Rams at 6.5 point underdogs, up from 3.5 on Wednesday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aaron Donald + gimpy Russell = terrifying

That said I think we exact revenge for our sweep last year.

Seahawks 17, Rams 14

uncle fester

Reaction score
Gimpy QB fails to overcome Magnolia opponent. Finds pause in the arms of Aaron Donald. Neither team will score 20 points. Rams will beat Wilson away from Seattle for the 5th time. With a 5th different QB. Cheerleaders admit dozing off, midway through 3rd quarter.

Rams 12
Seahawks 10

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Hasselbeck's post. Apologies. Still, I'm not alone on that one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2a6agcmp said:
A couple of the 24 pictures supposedly vs. the Rams over the years that you have the option of scrolling through are actually from games against the Raiders not the Rams.

Dear Seahawks: I'm available to be hired in a media quality control capacity and I don't need a ton of money. Please respond here and I'l send my contact info and salary expectations.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
SeaHawks= 31, (17-offense ---- 14-defense, as in 1-fumble returned for TD & 1-pick-6.)
LA Rams= 10, (and they'll be lucky to get that).

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The Rams always play us tough ... and after that embarrassing performance against the 49ers, I think these guys will come into this game highly focused and motivated. Football players don't like being embarrassed like that, so I see them playing for pride ... in their debut in front of their new home crowd. The Rams will WANT that L.A. crowd to embrace them. That and the fact that they don't want to fall into an early 0-2 hole against a division rival ... is a bad combination, one that is ripe for a possible upset here. That said, I just can't envision the Rams offense scoring much, as I see the young pupil Jared Goff getting a lesson in humility courtesy of the Legion of Boom and the rest of the Seahawks Defense

Our offense traditionally struggles against Aaron Donald and the rest of the Rams Front 4 anyway. Now with Ifedi out and an O-Line that is sure to be compromised, they will be coming after Russell Wilson early and often IMO to test just how sound that ankle truly is. I'd look for the Rams to roll out a carbon copy of the game plan that the Dolphins threw at us this past weekend. Therefore, I don't see our offense doing much against these guys either.

In an absolute cardiac arrest of a game, I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 13
Rams 9