Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks find a way, but it won't be easy.
Hawks 22
Lambs 20

To date: 3-2

EDIT: Post Percy prediction made on Friday, 10/17 at 5:40 PM PDT:
Hawks 27
Lambs 20

I actually think the offense is a bit better without Harvin and plenty more Beasting. Lambs get a garbage time TD to bring it within a TD very late in the 4th then fail at an onside kick with 10 seconds left.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
For the first time in the past year I'm predicting a Seahawks loss.

It's not negativity or 'Debbie downer' to have some serious questions about the team at this point. Fact of the matter is that, while I don't believe we lost any key components in the off-season, we did lose depth and rotation. Something that we could have survived with good health - but we haven't had it.

On offense, Okung isn't healthy and neither is Unger. Miller being out is a huge deal, even without the other two. Add this to questionable play-calling (whether you are 'fire Bevell" or not, the play calling has been suspect) and the offense isn't clicking like it should or nearly to it's potential. Wilson is under pressure from the snap of the ball. You can tell in his reactions that he's attempting to trust in the protection, but it just isn't there.

On defense, all the credit in the world to Burley for stepping in and playing decently, but he's no Lane or Thurmond when it comes to experience at the nickel position, and the loss of Maxwell makes us even thinner. It sounds like Tharold Simon may return, but I think he has a total of 0 snaps in actual regular season games. Now Bobby Wagner is out, and while we have a decent stable of linebackers, losing him is huge. Our defensive line rotation is suspect at this point beyond Avril and Bennett. The guys behind them just aren't as productive as what we had last season, and more importantly teams are running plays at a pace that doesn't allow us to rotate in the fresher players.

All of this is not 'negativity'. Just facts. This team isn't healthy now, nor is it playing well. Third downs on both sides of the ball are a liability.

St. Louis only has one sack so far this season, but there is no explanation for it. I have a sickening suspicion that this game is going to look a lot like last year's game, only this one will be at 10 AM game rather than a prime time game, in that hospital-esque sterile and silent dome that always gives me a bad vibe when we play there.

Rams 16
Seahawks 13

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks...27
Lambs........16

Record to date: 3-2

byau

Reaction score
Ugh

RAMS: hungry team. At home. Dangerously hungry from being beaten down to a 0-4 start. And from what I've read, not a bad rush defense against the 49ers but a failing secondary and pass defense

SEAHAWKS: despite being depleted in the roster, still in denial of how bad they are playing.

Looks like Seahawks are 6.5 to 7 point favorites

To me this is the making of a loss or a very very close win.

I think the same offense will run, but this time around it will be more successful

I'll say that the Seahawks will squeak out a win, 27 to 24

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seahawks got back to running the football and making big plays down the field.
Austin Davis is not Tony romo
Zach Stacy is not Demarco Murray
The STL Oline is not the DAL Oline, same with WR core and TE's
Seahawks 23 rams 13
Offense struggles at times, but does just enough

QuahHawk

Reaction score
34-31 Hawks

Our D is suffering from the injuries and gives up big points but our O gets back on track and we get a few turnovers again.

OrFan

Reaction score
I predicted a close game last week, even closer this game. Our players are full of themselves, our coaches are too stubborn to admit when they are wrong.

Hawks - 17

Sheep - 16

edit: MY NEW PREDICTION: Thank you Seahawks! This is what I was talking about. Bye bye, Percy.

Seahawks - 27

Sheep - 13

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
byau":2jf4mzau said:
Ugh

RAMS: hungry team. At home. Dangerously hungry from being beaten down to a 0-4 start. And from what I've read, not a bad rush defense against the 49ers but a failing secondary and pass defense

SEAHAWKS: despite being depleted in the roster, still in denial of how bad they are playing.

I think the same offense will run, but this time around it will be more successful

They're currently 1-4.:)

chawx

Reaction score
Seahawks lost to a good team, playing great ball, who converted a 3rd and 20... I'm not worried about this game. In the Russell-era Seattle has rarely came out after a loss and looked bad. We win this one convincingly but no one in the national media notices because the score looks closer than it was...

Seahawks 34
Rams 24

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lynch flips off Bevell.

Hauschmoney wins it with a last second FG.
Hawks 30 LA Rams 28. 8)

byau

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20c04f7h said:
byau":20c04f7h said:
Ugh

They're currently 1-4.:)

Re-prediction: 27 to 23, they're less hungry :)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Its hard to have much confidence in the hawks right now, but I just can't predict a loss even though we're on the road.

20-17 Hawks (I know, real original prediction for final score).

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
The Rams seem to always play the Hawks tough (especially in St. Louis). But after the way the Hawks lost last week and with this being as close to a must win game as you can get (since the Hawks just can't go to 3-3 and have any real breathing room the rest of the season), I see this one as a bit of a smashing.

Seattle-27
St. Louis- 10

3-2 record so far.

StoneCold

Reaction score
This week we are going to ADB, ARS, AML, AST.

Angry Seahawks Team 41
St Louis singing the Blues 10