Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Vikings)

2_0_6

Reaction score
PennywiseVikesFan":3v2a0982 said:
FlyingGreg":3v2a0982 said:
PennywiseVikesFan":3v2a0982 said:
Seahawks 1-7 in games under 28 degrees. 20-10 Vikes

And 20 pts? The weed must be good in your parts.

Vikings have averaged 31 points a game since losing to the Hawks.

#1 in the NFL in defensive points per game, yet the gloved one in sub zero weather will squeak out 20 points? If I recall correctly, your offense didn't make it past the 50 yard line on us a few weeks ago. Interesting.

:vodka: Can I have a sip?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the Seahawks are a nightmare matchup for the Vikings. They have the lateral quickness to be able to neutralize Adrian Peterson ... and one of the best secondaries in NFL history. Peterson simply isn't the back that he was a few years ago ... and even when he was, history clearly shows that the Seahawks for the most part have had his number ...

Adrian Peterson's History vs. Seahawks Defense ...

12/6/15 (at Minnesota)... 8 carries ... 18 rushing yards ... 2.3 yards/carry (longest run was 5 yards) ... 0 TD
11/17/13 (at Seattle) ... 21 carries ... 65 rushing yards ... 3.1 yards/carry (longest run was 13 yards) ... 0 TD
11/4/12 (at Seattle) ... 17 carries ... 182 rushing yards ... 10.7 yards/carry (longest run was 72 yards) ... 2 TD
11/22/09 (at Minnesota) ... 24 carries ... 82 rushing yards ... 3.4 yards/carry (longest run was 16 yards) ... 0 TD

Based upon what I saw back in Week 13 and last week against the Packers (who are nowhere near the buzzsaw defense that Vikings will be seeing yet again), I've seen absolutely no reason to believe that this Sunday will be any different for an Adrian Peterson who appears to be now nursing a back injury.

Outside of Peterson, I just don't see the Vikings as having the weapons that can effectively challenge the Legion of Boom. Bridgewater looked pretty bad against the Hawks the first time around ... and was skipping balls in the dirt to the tune of 99 yards passing against the Pack last week.

While it's true the Vikings were missing 3 starters on defense ... they were missing nobody on offense.

Marshawn Lynch also missed that Week 13 blow-out as well. Not so this time. The Beast is back and from all indications is frothing at the mouth, ready to rumble.

Couple that with Russell Wilson (who is playing out of his mind) and an apparently healthy Kam Chancellor, and I'm with those who see this thing on Sunday as not being all that close.

I'm conservatively calling it ...

Seahawks 31
Vikings 9

Decimation

Reaction score
Tough game but I see us winning this one.

Seahawks 23

Vikings 15

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Our defense matches up so well with their offense. Against a team that primarily runs we play our best seeing as we are the #1 run defense and have been rock solid against the run all year. Then there is Teddy who is throwing to less than stellar receivers if the run gets stuffed (which it will). That's just pickmania waiting to happen.

Hawks 31
Vikes 12

mort

Reaction score
29 - 9
...1 missed EP allowance and a safety just for fun...
0-0 record (don't usually partake but what the hell it's the friggin' playoffs...)

Followthelegion

Reaction score
SkolVikes":3ezohcvf said:
PennywiseVikesFan":3ezohcvf said:
Seahawks 1-7 in games under 28 degrees. 20-10 Vikes
Yup, I say 24-17 vikings

This stat is pretty meaningless given the history of this team, the only cold weather game that this team has been involved in was a loss at Kansas City mid way through last year. From my memory this was a toughly fought game that turned on a DPI non-call on a RW throw into the endzone on 3rd down.

Anyhow, Vikings have hardly been involved in any really cold weather games this year either, no evidence that this will suit Miami QB Teddy, as opposed to Russell "big hands" Wilson.

Hawks win 24-10

Vikes45

Reaction score
To the folks who are predicting a blowout, I'm just wondering why you think this? I believe that Seattle has a better team than the Vikes at this time, certainly have more playoff experience but they are the Wildcard playing on the road in our stadium. They lost 6 games and we lost only 5. It's not like the Vikings do not know how to win big games, we just beat the Packers on the road...at Lambeau Field for the division title and they have Aaron Rodgers.

Do you think the Vikes are just going to bend over or something? The first meeting between the teams should be completely thrown out. Many factors played into that debacle for us. Just like St Louis for you guys. We beat the Rams BTW! :p

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Vikes45":1ohn2a6y said:
To the folks who are predicting a blowout, I'm just wondering why you think this? I believe that Seattle has a better team than the Vikes at this time, certainly have more playoff experience but they are the Wildcard playing on the road in our stadium. They lost 6 games and we lost only 5. It's not like the Vikings do not know how to win big games, we just beat the Packers on the road...at Lambeau Field for the division title and they have Aaron Rodgers.

Do you think the Vikes are just going to bend over or something? The first meeting between the teams should be completely thrown out. Many factors played into that debacle for us. Just like St Louis for you guys. We beat the Rams BTW! :p

Anyone who has ever played this game ... or any long time NFL fan will tell you that football all comes down to matchups. And the frank fact of the matter is (and a great many experts who have seen the Hawks will tell you) is that the Vikings couldn't have drawn a worse matchup for them than the Seahawks. The numbers I cited in my prediction tell the story -- outside of 1 game 3 years ago, the Seahawks have historically had AP's number. And the reason that they can (and will IMO) shut down even elite RB's like Peterson ... is because the guys along that defensive front are SO disciplined, great at diagnosing plays, excellent tacklers, etc. They have the speed and quickness to be able to eliminate the vast majority of backs. The numbers don't lie -- the Seahawks finished the season as the #1 scoring defense for the 4th year in a row for a reason.

The Rams are a tough matchup for the Hawks because their Defensive Line is SO darned athletic. The guys along the Seahawks Offensive Line tend to be gutty grinders, but aren't overly athletic. Guys like Aaron Donald can be a nightmare for our offensive line. That athletic DL blew up our OL and was in the backfield most of the day. That's part of the reason for the loss. The second biggest reason IMO is that Russell Wilson got away from the quick passing attack that had been carving teams up the previous 7 weeks. He even admitted to that. That quick passing attack was back this past week against a team in the Cardinals that many experts were saying coming in to that game was the best team in football -- and, well, you see the result.

Seattle's #1 Key will be to stop the run by loading up 8 in the box and bottling everything up. And the reason that they can do that and consistently have success is that Seattle's secondary is SO good. Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor -- those guys are the best in the business and they give even elite QB's troubles. Teddy Bridgewater -- I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anything from him or the Vikings passing game that overly concerns me whatsoever. So, I'm actually looking for that matchup that might give me reason for pause ... and I'm not finding much that changes my mind as far as the outcome of this game is concerned. I just see Bridgewater, Peterson, and the rest of the Vikes as not having very much fun this coming weekend.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawks - 24
Vikings - 20

:sarcasm_on: look mom, no blow-out :sarcasm_off:

Vikes45

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":hqkxpk4q said:
Hawks - 24
Vikings - 20

:sarcasm_on: look mom, no blow-out :sarcasm_off:

I like it, respect :th2thumbs:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Vikes45":ym1fetwr said:
Do you think the Vikes are just going to bend over or something?

No, I don't expect them to bend over.......... willingly.

Vikes45":ym1fetwr said:
The first meeting between the teams should be completely thrown out.

You're throwing out the results of a game that took place just a few weeks ago, yet you queens are all in here talking about the 40 year history of the Hawks record in below 20 something degree weather... L O freaking L

:192215:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been saying its going to be a lot closer but I think I'm settling in Peaches camp. I think this is a convincing victory. I think Minn might have the best defense Seattle will face in the NFC playoffs with the recent injuries in Carolina. Minn has a really hard time protecting Bridgewater and I think our front will get make it very uncomfortable For TB. Seattle has shut down every running back as of late and I don't see the Vikings offense being able to do enough to keep up with the Seahawks.

27-10 Seahawks