Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Vikings)

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Brrrrrrrr Because of the weather I'll be more nervous over this game than I would/will? be if we can make it to Carolina.

'Hawks - 17
Vikes - 6

RTD 14-2

HawaiiD

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":13mc2l1k said:
Rob12":13mc2l1k said:
Vikes45":13mc2l1k said:
Any fan of Seattle should understand just how important defense is as far as field position, turnover ect. The Vikings defense is the gear that turns the wheel, just like Seattle.

This is dumb.

Even when healthy, the Vikings defense is middle of the pack at best. They ranked No. 13 in team defense this season while playing in a pretty bad division. Their overall schedule was pretty friendly.

If your defense is the gear that turns the wheel, you're going to break down on the side of the road. That'll come in 32 hours or so.

Actually the Vikings ranked #5 in points per game, so Vikes only allowed 1.6 points/game more than Seattle. Bad division or not, Vikings face Stafford & Megatron, Cutler & Jeffery and Rodgers twice a year. We played Seattle, Arizona, and Raiders, Chargers, Broncos w/ Manning before he got hurt, beat the Falcons on the road, beat the Rams who swept Seattle, and they were the last team to beat the Chiefs. Hardly a cupcake schedule, sorry.

When the Seahawks beat the Vikings, we lost our 3 best defensive players in NT Joseph, LB Barr, and FS Smith. However we also lost our other SS Sendejo. Losing 4 starters completely changes the way Zimmer can call defensive plays and we had to throw out half the playbook vs. Seattle. I'm sure Seahawks without Chancellor, Thomas, Wagner and Bennett would struggle.

Seattle will be missing not just Lynch, but also without Rawls took it to us pretty good last game going over 100 yards. No Luke Wilson either.

Some of you expecting a blowout with Seattle putting up 30-40 points again might be in for a rude awakening - Vikings won't be missing 4 defensive starters this time around.

I don't think the Vikes win this one, but I highly doubt we'll see another blowout with 0 degree temps. I think 27-17.
I don't see the Vikings scoring much against our defense. Also, above all I simply look at the QB match up. Wilson vs Bridgewater.
34-10 Hawks

Rob12

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":2x1b1d1d said:
Rob12":2x1b1d1d said:
Vikes45":2x1b1d1d said:
Any fan of Seattle should understand just how important defense is as far as field position, turnover ect. The Vikings defense is the gear that turns the wheel, just like Seattle.

This is dumb.

Even when healthy, the Vikings defense is middle of the pack at best. They ranked No. 13 in team defense this season while playing in a pretty bad division. Their overall schedule was pretty friendly.

If your defense is the gear that turns the wheel, you're going to break down on the side of the road. That'll come in 32 hours or so.

Actually the Vikings ranked #5 in points per game, so Vikes only allowed 1.6 points/game more than Seattle. Bad division or not, Vikings face Stafford & Megatron, Cutler & Jeffery and Rodgers twice a year. We played Seattle, Arizona, and Raiders, Chargers, Broncos w/ Manning before he got hurt, beat the Falcons on the road, beat the Rams who swept Seattle, and they were the last team to beat the Chiefs. Hardly a cupcake schedule, sorry.

When the Seahawks beat the Vikings, we lost our 3 best defensive players in NT Joseph, LB Barr, and FS Smith. However we also lost our other SS Sendejo. Losing 4 starters completely changes the way Zimmer can call defensive plays and we had to throw out half the playbook vs. Seattle. I'm sure Seahawks without Chancellor, Thomas, Wagner and Bennett would struggle.

Seattle will be missing not just Lynch, but also without Rawls took it to us pretty good last game going over 100 yards. No Luke Wilson either.

Some of you expecting a blowout with Seattle putting up 30-40 points again might be in for a rude awakening - Vikings won't be missing 4 defensive starters this time around.

I don't think the Vikes win this one, but I highly doubt we'll see another blowout with 0 degree temps. I think 27-17.

Didn't predict a blowout. I predicted 27-14. Not a blowout.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's pretty clear Seattle has the more talented team, however it is a football game and weird stuff can happen.

I still think the Hawks are going to control the game from the beginning.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I made my pick earlier in the week before I knew what the conditions were and understood how they could affect things. So based upon that, I'm going to revise my pick down a bit. The ability to hold on to the ball will be critical ... and I just see Russell Wilson and company having a much easier time doing that than Teddy (small hands) Bridgewater and crew. I'm going to revise my pick and call it ...

Seahawks 24
Vikings 9

ARhawk

Reaction score
Not only did their offense score 0 points, they only had 125 yards. That's pathetic and defensive starters don't help you move the ball

Seattle 24
Minnesota 13

DeeHawks

Reaction score
seattlesportsfan24":1nhm4z0j said:
13-12 Hawks.

Haush-money misses an XP early on, but Walsh misses a go-ahead FG in the 4th and the score holds.
Hey you called the missed FG in the 4th...!!! And your score wasn't too far off either, good call.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DeeHawks":30wljq74 said:
seattlesportsfan24":30wljq74 said:
13-12 Hawks.

Haush-money misses an XP early on, but Walsh misses a go-ahead FG in the 4th and the score holds.
Hey you called the missed FG in the 4th...!!! And your score wasn't too far off either, good call.

That gives me chills... get it? Chills! You know, because it was cold in Minnesota.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Laloosh":wyhxusw4 said:
DeeHawks":wyhxusw4 said:
seattlesportsfan24":wyhxusw4 said:
13-12 Hawks.

That gives me chills... get it? Chills! You know, because it was cold in Minnesota.
Yup! :lol:

hawks85

Reaction score
Chawker":2pmxpkmz said:
Hang on folks this will be a brutal game.

My MIGHTY Seahawks 13
Vikings. 10
everybody on here wasn't even close to a prediction except you. obviously no one on here has ever played football in sub zero temps. I have brother and trust me that ball is stings when caught. that football is hard as a rock its hard to throw the ball is slippery and the ground is hard like concreate etc... the hits feel even worse. I can almost bet the seahawks game plan was just to win no matter what. you cant prepare for a game like that. unless you experience it first hand you cant explain it. I have family in New York and that's where I played. not professional just street organized football when I visited there. we played in the winter. those New York winters are no joke. every time we played its was like 2 degrees or 0 degrees and the wind chill was like -14 degrees. very tough to play in.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seattlesportsfan24":2vf8usii said:
13-12 Hawks.

/end thread.

Edit: I hope the Vikings fans stick around they were a classy bunch.