Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Vikings)

Vikes45

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":ftnmlvlp said:
Vikes45":ftnmlvlp said:
To the folks who are predicting a blowout, I'm just wondering why you think this? I believe that Seattle has a better team than the Vikes at this time, certainly have more playoff experience but they are the Wildcard playing on the road in our stadium. They lost 6 games and we lost only 5. It's not like the Vikings do not know how to win big games, we just beat the Packers on the road...at Lambeau Field for the division title and they have Aaron Rodgers.

Do you think the Vikes are just going to bend over or something? The first meeting between the teams should be completely thrown out. Many factors played into that debacle for us. Just like St Louis for you guys. We beat the Rams BTW! :p

Anyone who has ever played this game ... or any long time NFL fan will tell you that football all comes down to matchups. And the frank fact of the matter is (and a great many experts who have seen the Hawks will tell you) is that the Vikings couldn't have drawn a worse matchup for them than the Seahawks. The numbers I cited in my prediction tell the story -- outside of 1 game 3 years ago, the Seahawks have historically had AP's number. And the reason that they can (and will IMO) shut down even elite RB's like Peterson ... is because the guys along that defensive front are SO disciplined, great at diagnosing plays, excellent tacklers, etc. They have the speed and quickness to be able to eliminate the vast majority of backs. The numbers don't lie -- the Seahawks finished the season as the #1 scoring defense for the 4th year in a row for a reason.

The Rams are a tough matchup for the Hawks because their Defensive Line is SO darned athletic. The guys along the Seahawks Offensive Line tend to be gutty grinders, but aren't overly athletic. Guys like Aaron Donald can be a nightmare for our offensive line. That athletic DL blew up our OL and was in the backfield most of the day. That's part of the reason for the loss. The second biggest reason IMO is that Russell Wilson got away from the quick passing attack that had been carving teams up the previous 7 weeks. He even admitted to that. That quick passing attack was back this past week against a team in the Cardinals that many experts were saying coming in to that game was the best team in football -- and, well, you see the result.

Seattle's #1 Key will be to stop the run by loading up 8 in the box and bottling everything up. And the reason that they can do that and consistently have success is that Seattle's secondary is SO good. Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor -- those guys are the best in the business and they give even elite QB's troubles. Teddy Bridgewater -- I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anything from him or the Vikings passing game that overly concerns me whatsoever. So, I'm actually looking for that matchup that might give me reason for pause ... and I'm not finding much that changes my mind as far as the outcome of this game is concerned. I just see Bridgewater, Peterson, and the rest of the Vikes as not having very much fun this coming weekend.

Solid post but you may not be familiar with just how important the 3 guys who missed our first matchup are. In addition to Anthony Barr NT Linval Joseph and safety Harrison Smith all missed the game, so the Vikings defense will be drastically improved this time. Joseph is the third-best interior defender while Smith is the top safety. The Seahawks’ offensive kryptonite is the interior defender that wreaks havoc (think Aaron Donald of St. Louis) and Joseph has 25 QB pressures and 24 run stops on the year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Vikes45":2s7s7qvk said:
Hawkscanner":2s7s7qvk said:
Vikes45":2s7s7qvk said:
To the folks who are predicting a blowout, I'm just wondering why you think this? I believe that Seattle has a better team than the Vikes at this time, certainly have more playoff experience but they are the Wildcard playing on the road in our stadium. They lost 6 games and we lost only 5. It's not like the Vikings do not know how to win big games, we just beat the Packers on the road...at Lambeau Field for the division title and they have Aaron Rodgers.

Do you think the Vikes are just going to bend over or something? The first meeting between the teams should be completely thrown out. Many factors played into that debacle for us. Just like St Louis for you guys. We beat the Rams BTW! :p

Anyone who has ever played this game ... or any long time NFL fan will tell you that football all comes down to matchups. And the frank fact of the matter is (and a great many experts who have seen the Hawks will tell you) is that the Vikings couldn't have drawn a worse matchup for them than the Seahawks. The numbers I cited in my prediction tell the story -- outside of 1 game 3 years ago, the Seahawks have historically had AP's number. And the reason that they can (and will IMO) shut down even elite RB's like Peterson ... is because the guys along that defensive front are SO disciplined, great at diagnosing plays, excellent tacklers, etc. They have the speed and quickness to be able to eliminate the vast majority of backs. The numbers don't lie -- the Seahawks finished the season as the #1 scoring defense for the 4th year in a row for a reason.

The Rams are a tough matchup for the Hawks because their Defensive Line is SO darned athletic. The guys along the Seahawks Offensive Line tend to be gutty grinders, but aren't overly athletic. Guys like Aaron Donald can be a nightmare for our offensive line. That athletic DL blew up our OL and was in the backfield most of the day. That's part of the reason for the loss. The second biggest reason IMO is that Russell Wilson got away from the quick passing attack that had been carving teams up the previous 7 weeks. He even admitted to that. That quick passing attack was back this past week against a team in the Cardinals that many experts were saying coming in to that game was the best team in football -- and, well, you see the result.

Seattle's #1 Key will be to stop the run by loading up 8 in the box and bottling everything up. And the reason that they can do that and consistently have success is that Seattle's secondary is SO good. Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor -- those guys are the best in the business and they give even elite QB's troubles. Teddy Bridgewater -- I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anything from him or the Vikings passing game that overly concerns me whatsoever. So, I'm actually looking for that matchup that might give me reason for pause ... and I'm not finding much that changes my mind as far as the outcome of this game is concerned. I just see Bridgewater, Peterson, and the rest of the Vikes as not having very much fun this coming weekend.

Solid post but you may not be familiar with just how important the 3 guys who missed our first matchup are. In addition to Anthony Barr NT Linval Joseph and safety Harrison Smith all missed the game, so the Vikings defense will be drastically improved this time. Joseph is the third-best interior defender while Smith is the top safety. The Seahawks’ offensive kryptonite is the interior defender that wreaks havoc (think Aaron Donald of St. Louis) and Joseph has 25 QB pressures and 24 run stops on the year.

Your offense scored zero points in the first meeting. Zero.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Vikes45":1gazuw7b said:
MD5eahawks":1gazuw7b said:
Hawks - 24
Vikings - 20

:sarcasm_on: look mom, no blow-out :sarcasm_off:

I like it, respect :th2thumbs:
No offense but that was not a poke at the predictions here. It was more in jest towards last weeks prediction thread. That being said, I do feel this game will be closer than last time just because that's how football works. You learn and adjust, no matter who is coming back from injury or who is out from injury.

Anything can happen in the Playoffs.

Polaris

Reaction score
Vikes45":2noa4mye said:

No that really isn't true (about Seattle's offensive kryponite). I think you fail to understand just how unique the Ram's D-Line is or simply how much better and differently the Rams play Seattle vs pretty much anyone else in the league. Sure Aaron Donald is a large part of it and he certainly was disruptive a couple weeks ago, but thinking the Vikings can cut and paste that is simply not the truth. The fact of the matter. Wilson handles most interior pressure just fine. If you doubt this, look at how Seattle has played other teams with solid pass rushes lately and you get an entirely different picture.

Vikes45

Reaction score
iigakusei":37zre080 said:
Vikes45":37zre080 said:
Hawkscanner":37zre080 said:
Vikes45":37zre080 said:

Any fan of Seattle should understand just how important defense is as far as field position, turnover ect. The Vikings defense is the gear that turns the wheel, just like Seattle.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I just don't get the cold weather angle as to why it seems to give the minny camp hope. Teddy is from Florida and played college in Louisville.

Russ is from Virginia i believe and played for Wisconsin.

If anything I'd believe in their chances more in a fair weather game.

How electric a playoff atmosphere can they generate if the fans are frozen?

Hawks 28

Purple persons 16

PennywiseVikesFan

Reaction score
iigakusei":4aod3lzs said:
Vikes45":4aod3lzs said:
Hawkscanner":4aod3lzs said:
Vikes45":4aod3lzs said:

That was the exception not the rule. I think that the Viking defense actually matches up well against the Seahawks. I mean it's not like they don't play passers with big arms and great receivers twice a year(cutler, stafford, Rogers, megatron, Jeffries, tait, along with the Broncos and cardinals players.) or anything. One off game in which literally half the defensive starters were out isn't a microcosm of an entire season. The fact of the matter is that the Vikings offense have averaged 31 points a game since then. To think that you're gonna just come into Minnesota in January and just roll is just an asinine take. The Seahawks will be lucky to get passed the 50. Go Vikes!

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawks will be lucky to get past the 50? You talking about on our first drive? Just make sure you come back and don't go into hiding like a certain Cards fan did when his "prediction" fell apart.

LOL

I didn't realize hard drugs were legal in Minnesota.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
PennywiseVikesFan":2yxb7vhw said:
Seahawks 1-7 in games under 28 degrees. 20-10 Vikes

Man, I knew that 6-point loss to Minnesota on Nov. 14, 1976 (24°F) was going to come back to haunt us. :lol:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Russell last name Wilson goes off and the D doesn't allow an offensive td again. 37-6 Hawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
Vikes45":20hcl8q4 said:

You already got smoked by us in your house by four touchdowns and a field goal. We held your crown jewel to 18 yards. It was so bad that he was calling out the coaches after the game. We shut down the run, which we will, and your team is done. Teddy isn't used to 0 degree temperatures either, despite the narrative. I've always thought it was hilarious to hear that the Vikings are more battle tested in cold weather - a former dome team. Come on. And Teddy played at Louisville, where it isn't exactly cold.

You beat the Packers? So what. They are a shell of their former selves and you know it.

Wins/losses don't matter. We played a much tougher schedule. Don't use that, because it's kind of dumb. Apples and oranges.

What are these "many" factors that played into the 31 point beat down a month ago? Injuries, right? Because those players you were missing would make up 31 points. The Seahawks had injuries, too.

27-14, Hawks win.

Rob12

Reaction score
Vikes45":1ajzietk said:
Any fan of Seattle should understand just how important defense is as far as field position, turnover ect. The Vikings defense is the gear that turns the wheel, just like Seattle.

This is dumb.

Even when healthy, the Vikings defense is middle of the pack at best. They ranked No. 13 in team defense this season while playing in a pretty bad division. Their overall schedule was pretty friendly.

If your defense is the gear that turns the wheel, you're going to break down on the side of the road. That'll come in 32 hours or so.

Atradees

Reaction score
Buzz Saw is correct.

I will call it first........first game on the way to 50 against the Pittsburg Steelers!

Seahawks run right up the middle............pass sets up the run.

After chucking it around the frigid weather for a coupla days it becomes a non factor.

:thmusik36:

Seahawks Dynasty ............31
Vikings Failure...................06.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Rob12":1e3qe8gy said:
Vikes45":1e3qe8gy said:

This is dumb.

Even when healthy, the Vikings defense is middle of the pack at best. They ranked No. 13 in team defense this season while playing in a pretty bad division. Their overall schedule was pretty friendly.

If your defense is the gear that turns the wheel, you're going to break down on the side of the road. That'll come in 32 hours or so.

Actually the Vikings ranked #5 in points per game, so Vikes only allowed 1.6 points/game more than Seattle. Bad division or not, Vikings face Stafford & Megatron, Cutler & Jeffery and Rodgers twice a year. We played Seattle, Arizona, and Raiders, Chargers, Broncos w/ Manning before he got hurt, beat the Falcons on the road, beat the Rams who swept Seattle, and they were the last team to beat the Chiefs. Hardly a cupcake schedule, sorry.

When the Seahawks beat the Vikings, we lost our 3 best defensive players in NT Joseph, LB Barr, and FS Smith. However we also lost our other SS Sendejo. Losing 4 starters completely changes the way Zimmer can call defensive plays and we had to throw out half the playbook vs. Seattle. I'm sure Seahawks without Chancellor, Thomas, Wagner and Bennett would struggle.

Seattle will be missing not just Lynch, but also without Rawls took it to us pretty good last game going over 100 yards. No Luke Wilson either.

Some of you expecting a blowout with Seattle putting up 30-40 points again might be in for a rude awakening - Vikings won't be missing 4 defensive starters this time around.

I don't think the Vikes win this one, but I highly doubt we'll see another blowout with 0 degree temps. I think 27-17.