Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Texans @ Seahawks)

Josea16

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":37qb909l said:
MontanaHawk05":37qb909l said:
89% of Houston's points have come against bottom-12 defenses.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/919223757742383105[/tweet]

Will be intriguing to see to what degree Sherman shuts this down. Will Fuller is also having a nice rookie season, so there's somewhere else Watson can go. Shaq will get burned by that a few times. After that, though, their offensive skill chart drops off the face of the planet. Watson will need to make hay with his other targets or face getting pummeled. He might. I'm not sleeping on him. But we've already shut down an even more productive offense than this.

On defense, we have yet to see how they adapt without Watt, Mercilus, AND LB Dylan Cole (who was also having a solid rookie push). They held the Browns to 17 points without those guys, but that doesn't mean anything. Should Pete be willing to let Wilson rip in the first half, he should be able to find targets quickly and neutralize whatever pass rush they have left. Or Pete might go "Oh, hey, Wilson won't be under pressure, SEVEN STEP DROPS UNTIL I'M TIRED!!!" Who knows.

I dunno. I get the sense that Houston is a pretender (or injury casualty) waiting to be exposed. I'll make my prediction a little closer than I really want to, due to Pete's usual self-destructive tendencies.

HOU 14
SEA 23

RTD: 3-3

Bryan Cushing is gone too...I say 31 - 17 Hawks
Cushing gone also? This might get ugly given the Freeney signing that's a guy that loves the game, loves to play and is a incredible mentor. Just check out Atlanta and Beasley in particular. He's basically just like Frank Clark with actual mentoring. Who curiously is my second favourite player.....Clark not Beasley.

Seafan

Reaction score
Don't sleep on the Texans. Watson is the real deal and their defense is solid. They aren't one dimensional, they have a running game and great WRs and TEs. Their pass rush will give RW all he can handle.

The 12s had better bring a playoff level performance this week.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Brian Cushing missing is a non factor. He's pretty slow now and they're better off without him. Whether KJo plays will be important. Dude is an elite talent who just hasn't been healthy consistently. JJo is playing great at age 33. KJax is a liability IMO. If we can match Baldwin up with him the Texans might have problems.

Reader and Covington could wreck our interior, especially with Britt hurt. Big test for those guys. Clowney vs Odhiambo is absolutely terrifying. Wilson will be running for his life like in the Packers game.

Watson will test our corners and Earl deep. Either Sherman comes up with a pick or he'll be giving up his first TD(s) of the season. I'm not sure he can cover Fuller. Pass rush HAS to show up this game. They need to dominate like they should on paper. Expect Watson to avoid at least five sacks this game. No respite for our collective blood pressure this week boys.

Seahawks 24 Texans 17

chris98251

Reaction score
We get comfortable and spanked the first half again, Watson is too green to fear us. They play above themselves with their injuries.

Seahawks 23 Texans 30

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is a good game to see where our Defense is really at. I feel like being at home should give us the edge we need, but Houston is a pretty good team, Watson looks like a franchise QB who could break the Rookie TD record, and he just got his really good LT back. Should be a good one.

Seahawks 20
Texans 17

My Record to Date: 4-2

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Texans 24 Seahawks 16

.Net will be in full meltdown mode next week

RTD 4-2

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Excellent. I was hoping for some people to pick against the Hawks. Good stuff :irishdrinkers:
Makes it more fun when the Hawks win, yet again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anyone that doesn't think this is a close battle has their head where the sun don't shine.

Seahawks 43
Texans 8

:mrgreen:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Watson will keep them in it for a half, then the team will rise from their annual early game slumber and put them away.

Seahawks 27
Texans 13

ballard1951

Reaction score
I predict inefficent offense for our part in the first half, but uncompromising defense. When Houstons defense is worn down we will score four TDs, and eventually win the game 31-7. Houston will have a TD in garbage time.

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Texans 23

RTD 4-2

I was predicting back to back losses in LA and NY and this to be a win. I’m sticking with that prediction. The only thing that can beat the Seahawks is themselves.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Hawks fall behind too far in the first half. Watson will put on a show like Tyrod did last year. He will have over 75 yrds rushing.

Hawks cant quite come back in the second half

Texans 34
Hawks 27

Josea16

Reaction score
Why do people think Houston will anywhere near 30 points on Seattle at any location let alone in Seattle? Houston is one seriously banged up team that has little chance to win more then 7 games this year despite their trendy rookie quarterback.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dp5p6uq said:
Wrong :2thumbs:

It's a prediction thread. We're all rooting for Seattle to win obviously, not lose. But it's fine to predict them to lose, am I wrong?