Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Texans @ Seahawks)

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":29tq44kf said:
Anyone that doesn't think this is a close battle has their head where the sun don't shine.

Seahawks 43
Texans 8

:mrgreen:

I can't believe I am giving credit for the closest score so far to Seymour. Just a hair off tho!

Our Defense holds them to 3

Russ goes off for 35

Hawks 49 (Defense gets 2 touchdowns)
Texans 3

:179422: :0190l: :141847_bnono: :irishdrinkers:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I was listening this morning on 710 ESPN to Carson Palmer's brother lauding DeShaun Watson and picking the Texans in this one ... but I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

For all the crap we give our offensive line, the Texans O-Line has arguably been worse. Even PFF agrees. They've allowed more sacks than Seattle ... their offense hasn't been much to write home about ... and J.J. Watt is out.

Watson is holding the ball an average of 3.0 seconds ... and facing THIS Seahawks defense IN the CLINK? Watson is talented, but I'm just not seeing him beating Russell Wilson and crew.

Personally, I'm thinking ...

Seahawks 30
Texans 20

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Many are greatly underestimating the development of this Houston team. Watson is strikingly similar to a younger, more mobile Wilson and will open a lot of folks' eyes Sun. He'll run for 50+ too. And our O won't wake up until late in the 3rd when it's suddenly in panic mode and it finally dawns on Carroll maybe our seemingly 35 scripted plays aren't working. We come back to make it close but too little, too late I'm afraid.

Houston 27
Seattle 24

RTD 5-1

adeltaY

Reaction score
Duane Brown coming back will really stabilize their line, so I don't think they'll be as bad as PFF says they are right now. Then again, he hasn't played full contact football in quite a while so maybe we can take advantage? That's a slim hope against a 10 year vet.

With the whole McNair kerfuffle, the Texans seem to be in a bit of disarray. Hopkins didn't show up to practice and neither did Foreman. BoB tried to play it off as just Hopkins taking personal time, but some people are putting two and two together and concluding it's because of those comments. Duane Brown seemed pretty upset too. Who know, maybe this gives the Hawks an edge against a distracted team? Not sure if it'll factor in at all, but it's a possibility.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1z99ztfu said:
Duane Brown coming back will really stabilize their line, so I don't think they'll be as bad as PFF says they are right now. Then again, he hasn't played full contact football in quite a while so maybe we can take advantage? That's a slim hope against a 10 year vet.

With the whole McNair kerfuffle, the Texans seem to be in a bit of disarray. Hopkins didn't show up to practice and neither did Foreman. BoB tried to play it off as just Hopkins taking personal time, but some people are putting two and two together and concluding it's because of those comments. Duane Brown seemed pretty upset too. Who know, maybe this gives the Hawks an edge against a distracted team? Not sure if it'll factor in at all, but it's a possibility.

Or , maybe we don't need them to be distracted and we just come out and kick their butts! Because our line is playing better and is better then theirs! Our defense is #1 and y'all act like we have subs in at our house. Sooner or later you have to believe...might as well be sooner. :2thumbs: It is alright to believe. This is our month where we normally shine and all is looking swell!

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Hawks have been away from home for a good bit. I don't think they come out all that flat this game. The OL is starting to gel and we have much better skill position players than the Texans.

Watson holds the ball the longest in the NFL at 3.1 secs/pass. With our D getting an extra half step due to crowd noise, I think it's going to make a difference. They also know to contain him, like Kaepernick.

I think there's a feeling out period here in the first half, and Watson will likely extend a few drives with his legs but ultimately they won't have enough.

Seahawks 23
Texans 13

RTD 5-1

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":k6jgoit5 said:
Brian Cushing missing is a non factor. He's pretty slow now and they're better off without him. Whether KJo plays will be important. Dude is an elite talent who just hasn't been healthy consistently. JJo is playing great at age 33. KJax is a liability IMO. If we can match Baldwin up with him the Texans might have problems.

Reader and Covington could wreck our interior, especially with Britt hurt. Big test for those guys. Clowney vs Odhiambo is absolutely terrifying. Wilson will be running for his life like in the Packers game.

Watson will test our corners and Earl deep. Either Sherman comes up with a pick or he'll be giving up his first TD(s) of the season. I'm not sure he can cover Fuller. Pass rush HAS to show up this game. They need to dominate like they should on paper. Expect Watson to avoid at least five sacks this game. No respite for our collective blood pressure this week boys.

Seahawks 24 Texans 17

Brian Cushing missing is a big deal because the guy behind him in the depth chart is even worse than he is.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Don’t see them dropping this one at home considering all the injuries on the Texan’s DL

Hawks 28
Texans 17

4-2

NJlargent

Reaction score
You guys have me buying into this being our second half spark.

Seahawks 27
Texans 13

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19xs1b15 said:
Excellent. I was hoping for some people to pick against the Hawks. Good stuff :irishdrinkers:
Makes it more fun when the Hawks win, yet again.

I'll happily eat crow after that one

Seafan

Reaction score
Seafan":1c3m5oqv said:
Don't sleep on the Texans. Watson is the real deal and their defense is solid. They aren't one dimensional, they have a running game and great WRs and TEs. Their pass rush will give RW all he can handle.

The 12s had better bring a playoff level performance this week.

Like I said. Watson is the best yopung QB in the league.

Anyone think the officiating was little one sided?

chris98251

Reaction score
Again the Seahawks win when I predict the way I have, still batting 1000.