ATL opens as a 3.5 point favorite.

Ozzy

Reaction score
treefidy":4t1el24d said:
andyh64000":4t1el24d said:
Wrong!!!

The defense was playing two different coverages because of communication breakdowns because Kam was not in the game. In fact all 3 TDs that quarter were due to miscommunication. That won't happen this time because KAM CHANCELLOR is going to play. Earl has nothing to do with the calls that led to those broken coverage TDs.

That is actually not what happened. What happened is Sherman switched from his man to cover the inside guy and left A SAFETY to cover the best receiver in the game...

Horrible decision by a weak minded DB.

You can call Kam whatever you'd like to, but we both know Earl is the key piece to that Defense. It's shown since he's been out...

Dude you're flat out wrong and calling Sherman a weak minded DB just calls into question your credibility. Sherman is one of if not the best DB in the game. It's silly to call him that. It would be just as dumb if I said the same thing about Julio, Ryan or Freeman. I get your a falcons fan but avoid stuff like this. It makes you look ridiculous. I wan't falcon fans to be confident, talk a little trash and have fun but lets do it the right way.

It was busted coverage. I watched Ryan Clark break it down the morning after. Good enough for me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The spread is now up to 4.5.

Seattle always plays well as underdogs, and always plays well in most playoff games.

They do however need to start faster than they did last season against Carolina. Seattle has beaten Atlanta once this season and knows who they are, as they do of our guys. Besides with the exception of Thomas the team is healthier than it was the last time the 2 teams played.

It will be a good game if the DLine can get some pressure and few hits on Ryan.

pmedic920

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3i3josml said:

Seattle always plays well as underdogs, and always plays well in most playoff games.

They do however need to start faster than they did last season against Carolina. Seattle has beaten Atlanta once this season and knows who they are, as they do of our guys. Besides with the exception of Thomas the team is healthier than it was the last time the 2 teams played.

Beat you to it, by 8 hrs

:{)

sutz

Reaction score
I'd be a bit more worried 10 years ago, but in the Carroll/Wilson era, we've won several road playoff games.

Should be a good game. :snack:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm not excessively worried about the Falcons offense. Matt Ryan got his touchdowns off fluky coverage whiffs by DeShawn Shead that aren't likely to be repeated. I won't deny Ryan can make safeties pay if they do mess up, though. Kam and Clark weren't playing during our first game either, nor was Bennett for much of it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3i9uzak9 said:
jammerhawk":3i9uzak9 said:

Beat you to it, by 8 hrs

:{)

Score!

I'm only worried about one thing in this gaame and that is the team's usual slow start.

Letting Atlanta play with a big lead takes away from our guys punching them in the face as much, and then puts us into a passing contest, where they are best.

Largent80

Reaction score
If we run on them, this game is firmly in the Seahawks grasp. And one Russell Wilson needs to be part of that run game IMO.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rwn14h8 said:
Hawkpower":3rwn14h8 said:
While Seattle MAY not be as good as we were in '13, Atlanta is not as good as Denver was....so yeah guess you are right.
Eh, the 2016 Falcons offense is more legit than the Broncos 2013 offense was, IMO. Not statistically speaking, but they're a more diverse and dangerous overall offense that doesn't rely on YAC as much.

Here we have a winner. We rely on multiple weapons in the run game and multiple weapons in the passing game.

I keep hearing that Seattle can shut down Julio and win.

Julio had 5 games this year with less than 60 yards. 2 games he didn't play.

Atlanta won all of them.

Shutting down Julio is a solid gameplan.

sutz":3rwn14h8 said:
I'd be a bit more worried 10 years ago, but in the Carroll/Wilson era, we've won several road playoff games.

A 2012 road WC win in Washington
A 2015 road WC win in Minnesota

2012 Divisional loss in Atlanta
2015 Divisional loss in Carolina

Seattle has never made the Super Bowl when not the #1 seed. Seattle hasn't won a road divisional playoff game since 1983.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2rmu7d38 said:
RolandDeschain":2rmu7d38 said:
Hawkpower":2rmu7d38 said:
While Seattle MAY not be as good as we were in '13, Atlanta is not as good as Denver was....so yeah guess you are right.
Eh, the 2016 Falcons offense is more legit than the Broncos 2013 offense was, IMO. Not statistically speaking, but they're a more diverse and dangerous overall offense that doesn't rely on YAC as much.

Here we have a winner. We rely on multiple weapons in the run game and multiple weapons in the passing game.

Atlanta won all of them.

sutz":2rmu7d38 said:

Seattle has never made the Super Bowl when not the #1 seed. Seattle hasn't won a road divisional playoff game since 1983.

You bring up this historical fact like it has meaning, that the divisional road on the road is some combination that is mentally in the head of the players and coaches? "OK team, we can win on the road in wildcard games, but divisional games? Holy freaking catfish lets just go home, we got no shot". Then chastise Seattle fans by responding by asking about Atlanta's rich and diverse record in the playoffs? Cmon man. I also seem to remember 2012 was a divisional game on the road where the last rights were close to being read to the Falcons before the good old super soft prevent defense got pulled out with 30 secs left.

I'm sorry but this Atlanta offense is not quite the Denver offense. Its awesome, but its not as potent with Manning (healthy...ish) at the helm. He had 5 wide weapons and they could pound the rock when they needed to. Stats back it up. Seattle defense ain't 2013 either don't get me wrong at all (although with Earl I don't think they'd be far off the mark), but lets not pretend Atlanta's offense is the best to ever grace the game.

I don't think many on here think the key is shutting down Julio, most of us think its ball control by our offense and red zone defense that are the critical factors.

Mindsink

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3edggrxr said:

And the Falcons haven't won a road divisional playoff game since... Oh wait. They've NEVER won a road divisional playoff game.

I can cherry-pick stats too.

The Seahawks have more playoff wins in the last five seasons (8) than the Falcons have in their entire franchise history (7).

Of the five times the Falcons have a first round bye in the playoffs, their playoff record is under .500, and they went 1-and-done twice.

Russell Wilson is 2-1 vs the Falcons, including the last two games, and in the one loss (in his rookie season no less), he engineered a potentially game-winning TD drive with 31 seconds to go. Two of those three games were in Atlanta.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1dtjj1l0 said:
RolandDeschain":1dtjj1l0 said:
Hawkpower":1dtjj1l0 said:

Atlanta won all of them.

sutz":1dtjj1l0 said:

Gotta keep context. Typically when teams shut down Julio, it's with a safety over the top. That opens up the underneath. Look at the stats and you'll see Freeman and Coleman probably had a hey day out of the backfield.

Seattle has the personnel to shut that down. Can Julio beat us ? Yes. Can shutting down Julio beat the Falcons ? yes but less of an impact as Ryan is used to teams going after Julio and just checking it down.

What it can do is take away a primary read and give the pass rush more time to get there. We were down an 11 sack pass rusher the first game against you, and Marsh is playing better as well. So now you're facing Bennett, Avril, Clark and Marsh which is likely the best pass rushing combination left in the entire playoffs.

We still have to play the game.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Followthelegion":2pzi98rz said:
I'm sorry but this Atlanta offense is not quite the Denver offense. Its awesome, but its not as potent with Manning (healthy...ish) at the helm. He had 5 wide weapons and they could pound the rock when they needed to. Stats back it up. Seattle defense ain't 2013 either don't get me wrong at all (although with Earl I don't think they'd be far off the mark), but lets not pretend Atlanta's offense is the best to ever grace the game.

I don't think many on here think the key is shutting down Julio, most of us think its ball control by our offense and red zone defense that are the critical factors.

Never said we were the best to ever grace the game... but we are top 10 all time and the best this season.

A few of you Seattle fans have given us some respect... a few have disrespected the Atlanta offense as "no big deal, we ain't worried."

Ok...

Mindsink":2pzi98rz said:
And the Falcons haven't won a road divisional playoff game since... Oh wait. They've NEVER won a road divisional playoff game.

The Seahawks have more playoff wins in the last five seasons (8) than the Falcons have in their entire franchise history (7).

Of the five times the Falcons have a first round bye in the playoffs, their playoff record is under .500, and they went 1-and-done twice.

Russell Wilson is 2-1 vs the Falcons, including the last two games, and in the one loss (in his rookie season no less), he engineered a potentially game-winning TD drive with 31 seconds to go. Two of those three games were in Atlanta.

Your team must be better than mine then... LOL

We made the Super Bowl winning a NFCCG on the road. Seattle has never made it when not the #1 seed.

Enjoy the 5 year run while it lasts because outside of that what do you have? Same as the Falcons... 1 Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

Nobody here cares about the Falcons past history... but yet you guys still wanna play the SB card. LOL

SF fans played the SB card on you for so many years then you finally won one.... so now you get enjoyment on playing it on us... which doesn't make you all that different than Saints fans.

1 Super Bowl win in 40 years.

We hope to tie that mark this season.

Really.

Hawks46":2pzi98rz said:
Gotta keep context. Typically when teams shut down Julio, it's with a safety over the top. That opens up the underneath. Look at the stats and you'll see Freeman and Coleman probably had a hey day out of the backfield.

Seattle has the personnel to shut that down. Can Julio beat us ? Yes. Can shutting down Julio beat the Falcons ? yes but less of an impact as Ryan is used to teams going after Julio and just checking it down.

What it can do is take away a primary read and give the pass rush more time to get there. We were down an 11 sack pass rusher the first game against you, and Marsh is playing better as well. So now you're facing Bennett, Avril, Clark and Marsh which is likely the best pass rushing combination left in the entire playoffs.

Good post.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2hbm1l41 said:
Followthelegion":2hbm1l41 said:

Never said we were the best to ever grace the game... but we are top 10 all time and the best this season.

A few of you Seattle fans have given us some respect... a few have disrespected the Atlanta offense as "no big deal, we ain't worried."

Ok...

Mindsink":2hbm1l41 said:

We made the Super Bowl winning a NFCCG on the road. Seattle has never made it when not the #1 seed.

Enjoy the 5 year run while it lasts because outside of that what do you have? Same as the Falcons... 1 Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

Nobody here cares about the Falcons past history... but yet you guys still wanna play the SB card. LOL

SF fans played the SB card on you for so many years then you finally won one.... so now you get enjoyment on playing it on us... which doesn't make you all that different than Saints fans.

1 Super Bowl win in 40 years.

We hope to tie that mark this season.

Really.

Hawks46":2hbm1l41 said:

Good post.

You mean Gary Anderson gave you a Super Bowl birth right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
3.5 - 4 pts feels about right.

Falcons should be favored, and if we lose we have no one to blame but ourselves for crapping the bed against the Cardinals and losing the #2 seed.

I still like our chances, but if we lose that'll be the story of the 2016 Hawks, inconsistency and losing that #2 seed late in the season.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3gq0hzny said:

Except for our Super Bowl victory and Super Bowl appearance back to back and being a serious playoff contender the other years. I guess you would also say except for Tom Brady's 4 Super Bowl wins he is nothing. LOL. WOW.

Oh by the way we are still playing with about 15 players from that team. How many players from your Bowl victory????

Comparing team resumes is futile for you in this situation.

Your team is playing well. We have had a bumpy road to get here. We did beat you this season already. You are playing at home. IMHO it is pretty even. Depends on which Seattle O-line shows up. If we can run the ball like last weekend you WILL lose. But that is not a guarantee. Either fan base that feels they will have an easy blow out win is fooling themselves.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":233uav1u said:
Except for our Super Bowl victory and Super Bowl appearance back to back and being a serious playoff contender the other years. I guess you would also say except for Tom Brady's 4 Super Bowl wins he is nothing. LOL. WOW.

Oh by the way we are still playing with about 15 players from that team. How many players from your Bowl victory????

Oops! What bowl victory? :lol:

Mindsink

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3gjtxtun said:

They are.

But we've made it three times. And actually won one of them. Your team was the #1 seed three times. How many times did they capitalize on that opportunity by at least making it to the bowl? Oh yeah. Zero.

Yes. And outside of my beautiful girlfriend, what do I have? The same as you. 2 TB of porn and a really comfy computer chair.

You keep bringing up the Seahawks' playoff history, so why not? Play the SB card? That's a pretty significant card to play when we're comparing teams, don't ya think? :)

Not the same. It's relevant because it's the current regime. 49ers fans talking about SB rings when they were playing with G.I. Joe's is not relevant.

Foghawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3ib7fe9j said:

The Hawks have never lost their 1st road playoff game in the Russell Wilson Era. :p

Look, it should be a good game that could go either way. Hawks have their Defense and some variables lining up for them on Offense, and the Falcons have their Offense (there's your validation, don't ask me for it again :lol: ). I'm going to hang out with family and friends and enjoy the afternoon regardless of the outcome, I hope you do to.

:irishdrinkers:

Latest posts