ATL opens as a 3.5 point favorite.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
treefidy":1ns13vcy said:
RolandDeschain":1ns13vcy said:
treefidy":1ns13vcy said:
Horrible decision by a weak minded DB.
Keep up comments like this and you're going to get shown the door very quickly. Do you want to lose the ability to come back and say "told you so" should the Falcons beat us?

Stop being a tool. You can have rational discourse all you want around here.

Did I say something untrue?

Yea, you claimed that you didn't say the Falcons would whoop the Seahawks' ass when in fact you did.

treefidy

Reaction score
anonFAFA":1c11ye0f said:
Yea, you claimed that you didn't say the Falcons would whoop the Seahawks' ass when in fact you did.

This game, yes they will. Last game, my exact words were:

treefidy":1c11ye0f said:
Overall: It's fairly even and I'm not actually going to dare to call this game yet. Atlanta gets theirs. Seattle gets theirs. Hell of a game coming up.

treefidy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1cbbyc89 said:
Sigh. How about proving he's a weak-minded DB?

The dude has literally been destroying himself off the field this season. To the point I've seen fans posting ON THIS FORUM wanting him traded / gone.

He's weak minded.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
treefidy":15ajvkof said:
RolandDeschain":15ajvkof said:

The dude has literally been destroying himself off the field this season. To the point I've seen fans posting ON THIS FORUM wanting him traded / gone.

He's weak minded.

:roll:

Ok, whatever you think.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y8hfdq7r said:
treefidy":y8hfdq7r said:
RolandDeschain":y8hfdq7r said:

He's weak minded.

:roll:

Ok, whatever you think.

He can think all he wants now, just can't post.

toffee

Reaction score
treefidy":1npghm0h said:
RolandDeschain":1npghm0h said:

He's weak minded.

Our defense would be better this time around although we shall miss Earl, and our offense will have better run game compare to the regular season games. Can Ryan score 30+ points this Saturday? Don't see how that will happen, unless our LBs suddenly collapse and allow lots of rushing yardages. Can Wilson and his boys score 20+ points on the Falcons? Hard to say as Wilson hasn't been accurate of late.

This weekend in Atlanta, if Wilson plays like the vintage Wilson and our RBs mass more than 100 rushing yards. We shall win and hope for GB to beat the cowboys.

NINEster

Reaction score
I tend to avoid going into extreme detailed matchups, stats, injury reports when comparing two teams when it's not my team playing.

The simply way to look at this matchup is this:

Seahawks won the last game by 2 points.

Seahawks had home field advantage, and it was very real.

Seahawks had Earl Thomas.

Rematch:

In Atlanta, no Earl Thomas.

The ATL home field advantage is enough in most cases to offset a full strength Seahawks. It's not as much the home field advantage with the Falcons, but more simply being AWAY from Seattle (but that Georgia Dome does get loud if things go the Falcons way). That pass rush plus the 12th man is freaking violent when it's on.

Even with that pass rush, Matthew Ryan put up the throws he did. I was impressed by his performance in that game more than a bunch of his wins. Just like Romo's in Seattle two years ago, even if the Cowboys lost that game. It was more about his resilience, not so much the throws.

Earl Thomas absence has been affecting the Hawks pass D more than Chancellor's. The stats bare it out, and that <= 10 point loss streak was broken not long after he went out. That Carson Palmer bomb has been unseen against the Seahawks in at least a few years?

Largely untalked about here is Kyle Shanahan. He schemed up that RG3 led game plan a few years ago that had the Hawks on the ropes for a little bit. Now that attacking that middle third of the field is on the table, there's a lot more field for the Hawks to defend in the rematch, and he's smart enough to do it.

Now of course, on paper this seems very advantageous for the Falcons.

What could go wrong?

1. Seahawks run game against Detroit was no fluke but a return for real -- with a decent TOP, Hawks can be in the game. Without a real run game, just can't see how the Hawks can be in this game. Don't think it would be insulting to state that.

2. Seahawks defense shows up full force AND for whatever reason the Falcons offense underachieves. Don't think that will happen since the Falcons aren't playoff newbs, but this is why you play the games. Maybe a combination of a run game that falters and Ryan panicking.

3. Russell Wilson - his slow starts never doom him unless his defense cannot protect him, which has only happened one time in 5 seasons (Packers this year, and maybe you could argue Panthers in the playoffs). He has an annoying (if you are a rival fan) resilience. Even I, one of his harshest critics cannot deny this of him. He makes Cam Newton look like a high school player in this respect.

I don't care if Deion Sanders returned to his old team this weekend, Wilson will get his trademark 1 or 2 deep balls a game against a CB. It's just how it is. Only a matter of how much it matters in the end.

He had one or two deep shots to Lockett in a 9-3 loss to the Rams this year, it's just that the offense couldn't sustain drives for whatever reason. It's almost impossible to stop, even the Packers and Bucs allowed at least 1 or 2 throws.

Only a question of whether it will matter this weekend.

4. Seahawks playoff pedigree - it's something I totally discounted this week with the Lions. I ignored it completely and it became obvious as that game went on. If this game is close going deep into the 4th quarter, the Seahawks will have the advantage. Their 2014 NFC comeback win is all you need to know about whether or not the Seahawks will win a very tight playoff game. Lucky as hell to win that game? Sure. But it still had to be won, and that trend hasn't gone away from the Hawks.

Anything is possible but the trends do not bode well for the Seahawks this game.

potatohead

Reaction score
I feel like I did before 48. Seahawks going up against perhaps the best offense ever (which ATL is not) and well, we all know how that turned out.

I'm also thinking how we went into NE and beat them there, and an integral part of winning that game is coming back from injury for this game.

If Seattle can run the ball, convert some third downs to keep the clock going and get a pass rush going, they win. It's that simple.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Fancy some 2 back sets with Rawls and Prosise in the backfield, with the option of Russell on the keeper...

that should be fun to try and defend.

Think both teams defenses will struggle to stop the other picking up first downs and moving the ball, might come down to how well Seattle execute in red zone.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
@ NINEster

Excellent post.

@ pototohead

I can totally respect what Seattle did in XLVIII... it was an amazing performance... but this isn't the 2013 Seahawks and we aren't the 2013 Broncos.

Can't wait for this game.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
treefidy":1n5aewuj said:
LOL. This fan base...

Oh here we go. Why don't you guys ever come to our smack shack if your so bold. You talk garbage, get put in your place, then act like you are here to talk x's and o's. :sarcasm_on: " I'm just here to have a rational discussion" . :sarcasm_off: :pukeface: Oh yeah, we both know that Jones didn't catch all 7 receptions on Sherman now don't we.

pmedic920

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":276w3tiv said:
treefidy":276w3tiv said:
LOL. This fan base...

Oh here we go. Why don't you guys ever come to our smack shack if your so bold. You talk garbage, get put in your place, then act like you are here to talk x's and o's. :sarcasm_on: " I'm just here to have a rational discussion" . :sarcasm_off: :pukeface: Oh yeah, we both know that Jones didn't catch all 7 receptions on Sherman now don't we.

He can't see your post :{)

Edit: I mean can't respond too it.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
It feels like this is going to be a Seahawk beatdown. Atlanta is soft, and they're coming off of a bye. They will get physically beat.

pmedic920":3dacbvj1 said:
BTW, think I read that the line has moved.

4.5 now,if I'm not mistaken
That means people are betting on Seattle.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":244q37nr said:
It feels like this is going to be a Seahawk beatdown. Atlanta is soft, and they're coming off of a bye. They will get physically beat.

pmedic920":244q37nr said:
BTW, think I read that the line has moved.

4.5 now,if I'm not mistaken
That means people are betting on Seattle.

Nope it means people are betting on Atlanta early doors, even giving up the 3.5 points so the line moves out to even out the money flows.

I think the line will end up near ATL -3 when we get to gametime assuming no injury worries come out.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":cm325ftr said:
@ NINEster

Excellent post.

@ pototohead

I can totally respect what Seattle did in XLVIII... it was an amazing performance... but this isn't the 2013 Seahawks and we aren't the 2013 Broncos.

Can't wait for this game.

While Seattle MAY not be as good as we were in '13, Atlanta is not as good as Denver was....so yeah guess you are right.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":gmw8kqne said:
Wenhawk":gmw8kqne said:
Seattle is the better team on paper, the better coached team, and the more experienced playoff team. I consider Julio Jones the best player between these two teams, fortunately we have Sherman who can limit one of the NFL's best WR's.

Limiting him with armbars?

... and what paper are you looking at?

The ones with your defensive stats on them.

25th in yards allowed. 17th in rushing. 28th in passing yardage allowed. Oh, and 26th in scoring at 25.4 ppg allowed.

That right there, is toilet paper I'm looking at.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":usheojwn said:
While Seattle MAY not be as good as we were in '13, Atlanta is not as good as Denver was....so yeah guess you are right.
Eh, the 2016 Falcons offense is more legit than the Broncos 2013 offense was, IMO. Not statistically speaking, but they're a more diverse and dangerous overall offense that doesn't rely on YAC as much.

Latest posts