[youtube]TmwnIjyREew[/youtube]

Falcons kill pigeons

Hawks kill Falcons

:{)

7e985204e65def174c674864fcad7b50.jpg

4876c1603cf804e2b277f29543c74716

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hell, last time I was in your Stadium, y'all had TONS of empty seats.

Wife and I sat on the front row for about 175.
99257df2e1b928494da783b323fc38b5.jpg

I'm glad y'all are here supporting your team, and talking a lil trash.
I invite you to keep your accounts active, stick around for a few seasons. It will be fun to evaluate the Falcons sustainability in a couple of years.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
treefidy":16oxfuv5 said:
seabowl":16oxfuv5 said:
treefidy":16oxfuv5 said:
LOL. This fan base...

Just curious what Falcs message board you post on normally so we all can post on it next week after the Hawks beat you Dirty Turds. Oh that's right there are no good Falcs boards due to the lack of a fan base.

RivalsCentral.net

Come on over and post on it right now... Next week... Next year...

I don't care.

Hey I post there too, I love that board

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Hawks46":355y2r7u said:
FalconsFanNW":355y2r7u said:
RolandDeschain":355y2r7u said:
Hawkpower":355y2r7u said:
While Seattle MAY not be as good as we were in '13, Atlanta is not as good as Denver was....so yeah guess you are right.
Eh, the 2016 Falcons offense is more legit than the Broncos 2013 offense was, IMO. Not statistically speaking, but they're a more diverse and dangerous overall offense that doesn't rely on YAC as much.

Here we have a winner. We rely on multiple weapons in the run game and multiple weapons in the passing game.

I keep hearing that Seattle can shut down Julio and win.

Julio had 5 games this year with less than 60 yards. 2 games he didn't play.

Atlanta won all of them.

Shutting down Julio is a solid gameplan.

sutz":355y2r7u said:
I'd be a bit more worried 10 years ago, but in the Carroll/Wilson era, we've won several road playoff games.

Should be a good game. :snack:

A 2012 road WC win in Washington
A 2015 road WC win in Minnesota

2012 Divisional loss in Atlanta
2015 Divisional loss in Carolina

Seattle has never made the Super Bowl when not the #1 seed. Seattle hasn't won a road divisional playoff game since 1983.

Gotta keep context. Typically when teams shut down Julio, it's with a safety over the top. That opens up the underneath. Look at the stats and you'll see Freeman and Coleman probably had a hey day out of the backfield.

Seattle has the personnel to shut that down. Can Julio beat us ? Yes. Can shutting down Julio beat the Falcons ? yes but less of an impact as Ryan is used to teams going after Julio and just checking it down.

What it can do is take away a primary read and give the pass rush more time to get there. We were down an 11 sack pass rusher the first game against you, and Marsh is playing better as well. So now you're facing Bennett, Avril, Clark and Marsh which is likely the best pass rushing combination left in the entire playoffs.

We still have to play the game.
Matt has been best in the league at spreading the ball around. Shutting down julio and keeping the dinks in check really isn't the answer. I'd argue that giving julio extra attention is a plus for the falcons.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Matt has been best in the league at spreading the ball around. Shutting down julio and keeping the dinks in check really isn't the answer. I'd argue that giving julio extra attention is a plus for the falcons.
Ya, I will agree with that. And we discussed this to no end last time we played you guys. Treefidy said if we didn't double or triple team Julio, you guys would blow us out. We tried to explain that since Pete has been here, they have not double teamed any receiver. It is not what they do. Will Sherm travel with Julio? Possibly. But, we will not double or triple Julio.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":dcxsmqh4 said:
Hell, last time I was in your Stadium, y'all had TONS of empty seats.

Wife and I sat on the front row for about 175.
99257df2e1b928494da783b323fc38b5.jpg

I'm glad y'all are here supporting your team, and talking a lil trash.
I invite you to keep your accounts active, stick around for a few seasons. It will be fun to evaluate the Falcons sustainability in a couple of years.

Oh you still have the Hooker that went out with Eugene Robinson employed there. She doesn't look to bad still, roll playing as a cop kinky :)

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
treefidy":38lzhxp4 said:
CodeWarrior":38lzhxp4 said:
At least we have one.

Yeah I keep hearing that...

Like the Falcons don't have a fan base...

Yet the Falcons forums are much larger.

Probably because the Seahawks will go the way of the Sonics once the team gets back to it's usual losing ways.

Haha, I doubt you could even type that with a straight face. Atlanta is a shit sports town. It's a transient city without a real core fan base. Nothing personal, just the facts.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
chris98251":2rx2rr37 said:
RolandDeschain":2rx2rr37 said:
treefidy":2rx2rr37 said:
RolandDeschain":2rx2rr37 said:
Sigh. How about proving he's a weak-minded DB?

The dude has literally been destroying himself off the field this season. To the point I've seen fans posting ON THIS FORUM wanting him traded / gone.

He's weak minded.

:roll:

Ok, whatever you think.

He can think all he wants now, just can't post.

Thank you.

DB07

Reaction score
Hello. Unlike at least one other I see in here I come in peace just looking for some good football talk as I think this will be great game!

I think the biggest advantage in our favor is that we are the team with the bye week and home field this time rather than you guys. Playing @ Denver and then @ Seattle was a brutally hard 2 game stretch especially with you guys having had a bye and 2 weeks to prepare for us last time. Everyone knows @ Seattle + playoffs = death sentence so I am VERY glad this is a home game lol. One thing is for sure we need to come out the gates much quicker. We looked asleep and outmatched the whole 1st half. We woke up in the 3rd but then fell back into a snooze in the 4th. If we are going to beat you guys we must play 4 quarters. Oh and Julio please don't drop a dang pass in your mittens to give the other team a free turnover lol. :34853_doh:

Both teams have some different guys in/out. I know you guys have Kam, Rawls and a few others back but lost obviously Earl and Lockett while we lost Trufant and Tamme. I am curious how you guys feel the replacement for Earl has played? I know on the Falcons side we have found a ton of depth at CB in the absence of Trufant and are actually pleasantly surprised with the play of Jalen Collins, Robert Alford and Brian Poole. Collin's fits the length and skillset that Quinn loves in his CBs and Alford has learned how to stop getting a PI every other play thank god lmao. Tamme's loss hurts as we pretty much have scrapped (or at least put it on the backburner) the "13" formation that actually was very successful against you guys in the 3rd quarter the last time we played.

Offensively its no secret we have a ton of weapons and can put up scores in bunches. I am really excited to see Julio vs Sherman Round 2. I expect without Earl Thomas, Sherman will shadow Julio a little more than last time. Taylor Gabriel is a guy that has kind of exploded onto the scene in our offense who when we played the first time wasent really a factor yet. I will be curious to see how often we try to go deep without Earl back there. I don't watch you guys weekly so I am sure you have a better idea of how well equipped your replacement is than I do. Kam being back is obviously huge for you guys as that enforcer over the middle. I am sure running won't be an easy task for us but I hope that we stay committed to it and don't go pass happy and play into Michael Bennett and that pass rushes hand. One thing that I think will be interesting is how you guys play us defensively. Do you lean more on man to man like you did on the last drive in the last meeting?

When we are on defense I would assume the plan is fairly simple. Don't get ran all over like Detroit did. If Rawls has a field day and you guys dominate the TOP I think it would be pretty hard for us to win. I think in terms of Wilson I expect a lot of spying from either Beasley, Jones or Campbell. All 3 are either as fast or faster than Russel so if he takes off as long as they don't get their ankles broken we should be okay lol. In the passing game hopefully for my sanity and all Falcons fans Paul Richardson comes back to earth and stops giving the world his Randy Moss impersonation. I expect Russel to find the holes just like Matt Ryan will as both QBs face off against the Cover 3 every day in practice. Hopefully we can just limit you guys to a few 3 and outs and punts.

Defensively as a whole I think we are much better than we were the last time we faced off. We have EIGHT of our 12 primary starters (including the nickel back) as 1st or 2nd year players so obviously in week 6 we were still going through a ton of rough patches. People love to look at our stats on defense but ignore the fact in at least 5 or 6 games we were in a massive blowout in the 4th quarter just running the ball and playing soft prevent style defense which allowed obviously a chunk of points and yards for the other team. I think we have a lot of potential on defense to be good we just need another piece or two (Centerfielder FS and another pass rusher to compliment Beasley) plus obviously just some more experience.

At the end of the day I think this game will simply come down to who wins the turnover battle. I think its going to be an extremely close back and forth game so simply having 1 turnover could be all it takes. I'll be around throughout the week to chat and try not to be an annoying twat like some others I see in here. I wish the Seahawks (bad)luck this week in an injury free great playoff game much like the 2012 contest. :irishdrinkers:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":19x1cuke said:
Haha, I doubt you could even type that with a straight face. Atlanta is a shit sports town. It's a transient city without a real core fan base. Nothing personal, just the facts.

You really went there? LOL

Not that I care about the city of Atlanta (I'm from southeast GA closer to Jacksonville) but you are trashing Atlanta when the city of Seattle had the Sonics leave town and the fans don't show up to Mariners games unless it's the playoffs?

chris98251

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1774qg54 said:
CodeWarrior":1774qg54 said:

Not that I care about the city of Atlanta (I'm from southeast GA closer to Jacksonville) but you are trashing Atlanta when the city of Seattle had the Sonics leave town and the fans don't show up to Mariners games unless it's the playoffs?

Sonics didn't leave due to fans, looking at you Schultz, Mayor Nickels and City Council.

Mariners.... Howard Lincoln is all that needs to be said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":t95fzc7z said:
CodeWarrior":t95fzc7z said:

The Sonics leaving had nothing to do with fan interest, the Sonics always drew well and had high local TV ratings, until Bennett gutted the team to lose on purpose in order to make leaving easier.

But if we're getting into a pissing match, both cities have their issues, and both cities have great fans. I'd put Hawk and Sounder fans up against any cities fans.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":xnpx1fmx said:
CodeWarrior":xnpx1fmx said:

This is why no one is taking you seriously. You are just spouting meaningless junk that has nothing to do with the upcoming game. Reminds me of reading ESPN's comment section.

DB07 had a good post, you should take heed.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1xknx5a0 said:
CodeWarrior":1xknx5a0 said:

Sonics had a higher attendance than Atlanta pretty consistently, 33/41 seasons.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":rrgyum2f said:
CodeWarrior":rrgyum2f said:
AH

I don't remember Seattle ever having an article written about it proclaiming it as the shittiest sports city in the United States... that honor goes to Atlanta.

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

My favorite excerpt: "Hence, the Atlanta Falcons shouldn't be allowed to win and reward some of the worst fans in the country. They just don't get it. They are both missing in action and simply not passionate enough to appreciate their team winning in the NFL playoffs and moving on to the next round."