Atlanta - Green Bay

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
HawksBrazil":3arh5j0w said:
MD5eahawks":3arh5j0w said:
WindCityHawk":3arh5j0w said:
uncle fester":3arh5j0w said:
How is that not a safety? Had to have control outside the end zone, as he them got up & carried it into the end zone...?

Confuzzed.

My understanding is that a safety is when a defense pushes an offense back into their endzone. It's a reward to the defense for being so dominating. To that end then, you can't have a safety levelled against you when your defense is on the field. If it was a safety, then GB would have been awarded two points for fumbling and losing the ball, which would make no sense.

That's my understanding of the rule, and the logic behind it, anyway.
I don't think it had anything to do with being on offense or defense. The replay showed me his foot was in the endzone when he first got possession anyway and that is a touchback.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's not about his body, but rather the ball. I have not seen a replay yet, but he seemed to have possession with the ball a couple yards away from the goal line. Then he rolled to the endzone, in what would be a safety.
Not that I'm complaining, but it does seem to have played a role in the game. 10x2 with the ball as opposed to 17x0 is a pretty large difference If you ask me.
I agree. I originally thought he had it then rolled in. Though, in the same fashion as downing a punt, if any part of his body is in the endzone he is declared in the endzone. I am watching it on my PC so I can't go back but I would be interested to know what you find if you get a chance to review.

replicant

Reaction score
Shanahan can ask for another million per year from the Niners.

bandiger

Reaction score
This Falcons team is gonna be a problem for the next several years. Defense will only get better under Quinn.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Christine M still looks confused as ever... Pass hits him in the facemask then has to be redirected for the play as he was lining up on be wrong side haha what a knothead

strohmin

Reaction score
I am starting to think Quinn was responsible for 60% of our success

pmedic920

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27kphpib said:
You can't lay ALL this on the feet of the defense, it's a career stat. TL;DNR version: Rodgers is good but not as good as people think in some ways.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/822940644918362113[/tweet]

Rodgers has been kept alive, this season, by some magical plays.

He's a great QB but magic only takes you so far.

Josea16

Reaction score
bandiger":3s36cu0e said:
This Falcons team is gonna be a problem for the next several years. Defense will only get better under Quinn.
Doubt it. The salary cap will care of that. This matchup is embarrassing and proves nothing other then one team is healthy and one team isn't. Whoever wins the AFC will beat either of these teams because the entire NFC was so weak in comparison.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":14gf3z0y said:
RolandDeschain":14gf3z0y said:
You can't lay ALL this on the feet of the defense, it's a career stat. TL;DNR version: Rodgers is good but not as good as people think in some ways.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/822940644918362113[/tweet]

Rodgers has been kept alive, this season, by some magical plays.

He's a great QB but magic only takes you so far.
One thing that irritates me about him is the incessant credit he gets for the successful hail mary's. As a QB, he just heaves it up there. It's up to the guy catching the ball to come up with it.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Josea16":28o4isow said:
bandiger":28o4isow said:
Doubt it. The salary cap will care of that. This matchup is embarrassing and proves nothing other then one team is healthy and one team isn't. Whoever wins the AFC will beat either of these teams because the entire NFC was so weak in comparison.
Healthy?
The separation is in the preparation. GB is not only showing that they are unprepared, they are also committing errors that are best suited for early season games, not the NFCCG.

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":gntcevd7 said:
I agree. I originally thought he had it then rolled in. Though, in the same fashion as downing a punt, if any part of his body is in the endzone he is declared in the endzone. I am watching it on my PC so I can't go back but I would be interested to know what you find if you get a chance to review.
I see. I thought it was more like trying to run it from the endzone, when you have to put the whole ball out of the goal line. If that's the case, it is much more likely to have been a safety then, but I still haven't had the opportunity to check It again.

bandiger

Reaction score
Josea16":1heo7d7p said:
bandiger":1heo7d7p said:

Eh, Steelers have a crappy defense and Pats are kinda overrated. This Falcons team got hot at the right time and Quinn is a great coach as we see right now.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I predict a Superbowl Championship for the Falcons.

Not that I'm going out on a limb or anything.

Jville

Reaction score
What a juggernaut.Thomas Dimitroff and Dan Quinn have built!

It only took two years to deliver a Superbowl team.

Stunning team building on display.

Dan Quinn will win it all.

What a story! :2thumbs:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":2s5u0ga5 said:
I predict a Superbowl Championship for the Falcons.

Not that I'm going out on a limb or anything.
While I agree, just remember how good Carolina looked vs Arizona last year.

Latest posts