B.J. Daniels and Rod Smith released

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":16y00tvt said:
400WattHPSHawk":16y00tvt said:
Smith better clear waivers.

Of course there's not a lot of film on him so he should be safe, but who knows.

Maybe KC takes a look
Likely, even though even without Charles they should be fine because their backups would start for a lot of teams.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":29zllajj said:
CalgaryHawk":29zllajj said:
The Cowboys could have signed him off the practice squad and to their active roster at any point during the last 6 weeks, so a bit odd they would claim him off waivers now. I liked Smith a lot in preseason, so disappointing but he'll probably be available for the Hawks to sign him back later in the year when Dallas cuts him to fill in another roster position. Teams in the NFL churn the last two guys on their roster constantly to provide depth at one position or another.

I am a bit surprised. I thought he'd clear waivers. Could it have anything to do with the fact we play them soon? Or could it Michael isn't working out so well?
Probably both are part of the reason. But the largest one is they are desperate to find anybody that can make an impact running the ball. They're one banged up team forced to start a quarterback (Casel) known to be effective only if he has a solid running game.

tooshort

Reaction score
kidhawk":oluzt402 said:
CalgaryHawk":oluzt402 said:
The Cowboys could have signed him off the practice squad and to their active roster at any point during the last 6 weeks, so a bit odd they would claim him off waivers now. I liked Smith a lot in preseason, so disappointing but he'll probably be available for the Hawks to sign him back later in the year when Dallas cuts him to fill in another roster position. Teams in the NFL churn the last two guys on their roster constantly to provide depth at one position or another.

I am a bit surprised. I thought he'd clear waivers. Could it have anything to do with the fact we play them soon? Or could it Michael isn't working out so well?

Michael was practicing with the Cowboys 1st team today, maybe they saw glimpses of the same mental void that caused us to release one of the leagues most physically explosive backs?

Exittium

Reaction score
tooshort":15qq8f0p said:
kidhawk":15qq8f0p said:
CalgaryHawk":15qq8f0p said:

Michael was practicing with the Cowboys 1st team today, maybe they saw glimpses of the same mental void that caused us to release one of the leagues most physically explosive backs?

Yeah umm no. Otherwise seattle would have kept him still even with his issues, that were correctable.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Christine Michael is likely going to start the game off the bye

tooshort

Reaction score
Exittium":1zb26f0v said:
tooshort":1zb26f0v said:
kidhawk":1zb26f0v said:
CalgaryHawk":1zb26f0v said:

Yeah umm no. Otherwise seattle would have kept him still even with his issues, that were correctable.

I didn't say that it ever translated to the field as a complete running back but it's pretty ludicrous to dismiss his physical skills. The dude is a SPARQ god (which basically measures explosiveness) and his strength and conditioning coach at texas A&M (the same coach that coached Adrian Frickin Peterson at Oklahoma) was quoted multiple times saying that "Michael’s athletic explosiveness is on par with that of Adrian Peterson."

Exittium

Reaction score
tooshort":79zk9227 said:
I didn't say that it ever translated to the field as a complete running back but it's pretty ludicrous to dismiss his physical skills. The dude is a SPARQ god (which basically measures explosiveness) and his strength and conditioning coach at texas A&M (the same coach that coached Adrian Frickin Peterson at Oklahoma) was quoted multiple times saying that "Michael’s athletic explosiveness is on par with that of Adrian Peterson."

We've had other "SPARQ gods" on this team as well, I believe and they ended up sucking or being cut as well. Which leads me to think is there a flaw in the SPARQ system and if so what is it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
SPARQ doesn't measure mental capacity, emotional maturity, or football intelligence.

So that might be your weakness.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Kam's brother is available . . .
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/654761256474165252[/tweet]

Would love to see us add him to the PS.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Exittium":3uyck7e3 said:
tooshort":3uyck7e3 said:

We've had other "SPARQ gods" on this team as well, I believe and they ended up sucking or being cut as well. Which leads me to think is there a flaw in the SPARQ system and if so what is it?

Christine Michael can't carry the ball in his left hand and will be a fumbling machine running to the left. He fumbled the ball at an alarming rate and with Pete's motto being all about the ball, Michael was expendable. He may be great when he doesn't give the ball to the other team, but he's going to be giving the ball to the other team more than the Cowboys want him to.