Jayden Daniels

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
JD is profilic. And even exceptional at times.

But not consistent. It doesn't seem like you can count on him. On a team with a pretty good defense, in a sport where the QB drives winning almost more than the coach .....he has 3 losses.

I've seen him put in plenty of positions where he had to make the play to win, and he failed repeatedly. He is great at putting up big #s and certainly fills up the stats. But not sure he is a winner.
For the same reason I was concerned about Bryce Young, I would be careful with this one. If you cannot win at Alabama with all the weapons and depth they have, you probably won't win in a worse situation.
And if you cannot win with all the advantages you have at LSU, you probably won't win with more disadvantages on an NFL team that needs you to carry it more. I think he will be better than Young, but spending a top 5 pick on him could go sideways fast. He is much closer to Anthony Richardson than a winning QB.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How many times and for how long was Burrow taken out of games because of LSU having a lead?
Penix and Nix played at least 5-6 games that they got pulled with stil 1.5quartera left.

Chevy

Reaction score
Penix and Nix played at least 5-6 games that they got pulled with stil 1.5quartera left.
That not the case with Penix. His backup has a total of 14 pass attempts for the year. But, maybe that the case with Nix.

CPHawk

Reaction score
That not the case with Penix. His backup has a total of 14 pass attempts for the year. But, maybe that the case with Nix.
Nix has left the game in the 3rd in 4 games, and early 4 2 more games.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this the last few days, if Seattle were to draft Daniels, they need to tab Greg Roman as OC.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'll just throw this out here... How often does Nix or Daniels make throws like this?

@ 1:20 mark

Edit: shit, I forgot this site no longer supports gifs unless it's in the database.

Last edited:
OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
I'll just throw this out here... How often does Nix or Daniels make throws like this?

@ 1:20 mark

Edit: shit, I forgot this site no longer supports gifs unless it's in the database.

I think everyone gets wrapped up in Daniels scrambling ability. The kid has a pretty live arm, with a beautiful deep ball. Penix has a great arm as well.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I've heard and read many comparing Daniels to Newton. Whut? This is like comparing Lockett to Metcalf. Newton, not a favorite of mine but no doubt, the man was a beast. Daniels is tall. OK. The eye test says he's barely 200 lbs. Newton was probably closer to 250. Daniels is a me first player that I'll almost bet...will run and leap himself into the NFL equivalent of a body bag.

Tremendous college QB? Oh, for sure. But unless he can hurriedly add about 30 lbs of muscle, and I don't see him having the structure for that, I'd give him a hard pass unless selecting him as a late rd receiver.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
I've heard and read many comparing Daniels to Newton. Whut? This is like comparing Lockett to Metcalf. Newton, not a favorite of mine but no doubt, the man was a beast. Daniels is tall. OK. The eye test says he's barely 200 lbs. Newton was probably closer to 250. Daniels is a me first player that I'll almost bet...will run and leap himself into the NFL equivalent of a body bag.

Tremendous college QB? Oh, for sure. But unless he can hurriedly add about 30 lbs of muscle, and I don't see him having the structure for that, I'd give him a hard pass unless selecting him as a late rd receiver.
So a guy has never gone to the NFL hit a weight program, and put on 30#? That's laughable. Look into Jayden's path starting at ASU. The guy has done nothing but improve every season all the way into a Heisman!? He will run in the NFL for sure, but he can rip the ball from the pocket. Newton is a poor comparison, I see him as more of a Lamar Jackson type with better accuracy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So a guy has never gone to the NFL hit a weight program, and put on 30#? That's laughable. Look into Jayden's path starting at ASU. The guy has done nothing but improve every season all the way into a Heisman!? He will run in the NFL for sure, but he can rip the ball from the pocket. Newton is a poor comparison, I see him as more of a Lamar Jackson type with better accuracy.
Bryce Young never got bigger or better so far, some cannot just
put on good weight.
I can see Daniels just running and getting AR'd after 2-3 games.
This is the issue I have with these QBs that run wild unless your
Me3 your going to get hurt.
It does nothing but hurt the team for that excitement it brings.
Be mobile yes to stretch the pocket or take the easy 5-10yrds the
D gives but the running wild for big gains is stupid in the end.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Burrow made throws he had to. JD didn't. It isn't about raw numbers. The comparison is dumb because JD has 3 losses. And there were throws he could have made to prevent those losses. Throws he missed.
When Burrow had to make a play, he did. When JD didn't people made excuses for him.

JD is basically a crappier Lamar Jackson. More accurately a cross between AR and Lamar, but crappier.

I see these guys like Nix and JD, who put up #s like Herbert and anticipate watching them come into the league, put up #s like Herbert but never quite win anything. Just like Herbert. For the same reason - they fall short when you need to count on them.

If you can't produce under pressure in college, good luck under more pressure in the NFL.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Burrow made throws he had to. JD didn't. It isn't about raw numbers. The comparison is dumb because JD has 3 losses. And there were throws he could have made to prevent those losses. Throws he missed.
When Burrow had to make a play, he did. When JD didn't people made excuses for him.

JD is basically a crappier Lamar Jackson. More accurately a cross between AR and Lamar, but crappier.

I see these guys like Nix and JD, who put up #s like Herbert and anticipate watching them come into the league, put up #s like Herbert but never quite win anything. Just like Herbert. For the same reason - they fall short when you need to count on them.

If you can't produce under pressure in college, good luck under more pressure in the NFL.
This. I look for how the player played in bigtime situations. Does Daniels have any to point to at all?