Backup QB competition predictions

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1e9dmpmx said:
Hawknballs":1e9dmpmx said:
I don't really know anything about BJ Daniels but I know enough about Keith Price to know he's the kind of guy you want on your team.

Based on what?

Again.. if Keith Price played for some random Mountain West Conference team.. would you say the same thing? Highly doubtful.

Interesting analogy. I suppose if they placed a lot of the games on Eastcoast Sports Programming Networks, you could probably watch that player and determine how good that player is. Yes, I am talking about the kid from Prosser. :mrgreen:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2c22rl7p said:
We didn't have T.O. under a big contract at all.

I beg pardon....did we at least send him to McDonalds in Graham? :mrgreen:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seedhawk":1nxbi1w5 said:
I somehow get this weird feeling that TJ is done. We spent a 7 on Pryor who is a freak athlete, perhaps hoping some of Wilson rubs off. Can see the scenario where TJ is sent on his way, Pryor becomes #2 and Price and BJ fight for #3 or the practice squad. (would fit our younger bigger faster stronger mantra)

Seahawks have a history of releasing or trading folks that don't fit into their system whether they spent a draft pick to acquire them or not. EJ Wilson and LenDale White are just a couple of examples. Not saying Pryor will suffer the same but if he's not a fit, they will have no qualms about cutting him loose.

Anthony!

Reaction score
You guys realize that both TJ and Pryor are FA after this year, and Pryor still wants to be a starter, I believe Pryor will be gone before the season starts.

TwilightError

Reaction score
TJack will not be cut. He has a TWO year fully guaranteed contract. He for sure can be traded though.

I'd like to see Price on the PS. Always nice to have UW flavour on the team. He could become a very good backup, although I dont see him (or anyone) unseating Wilson, ever. I dont know a lot about Daniels (or Zulli), but he seems to compete for the PS spot. Pryor is the one I cant figure out, so I expect a trademark 'surprise to us all' JSPC move here. I' m very excited to see how this pans out and how each one performs in preseason.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised Price was cut since there's really no need to carry five QBs into camp. I think he was signed because of his Seattle ties and maybe as a favor to Russell Wilson who had been mentoring him but he never had a realistic chance of making the team. Better to cut him now and give Price the opportunity to get into another camp.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawknballs":24x8156a said:
1. Wilson
2. Pryor

PS - Price

Just a feeling. We didn't trade a draft pick for Pryor to just let him walk away, so for as long as they are saying he will be a QB I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I love Tjack as a backup. But they didn't give up a pick for Pryor for no reason. I think Tjack gets released or possibly traded for a conditional pick. I know I've mentioned this before and the sentiment has been, "well if any other team wanted him they could have had him" but situations change as training camp plays itself out.

I don't really know anything about BJ Daniels but I know enough about Kieth Price to know he's the kind of guy you want on your team.

You realize that Pryor is an UFA after this season right? Also he wants to be a starting QB, he will not end up staying here, and it would be a shame to keep him for 1 year knowing he is leaving and then next year need another #2. No tot mention he is a really bad QB, rather have TJ

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1o8jslxy said:
EastCoastHawksFan":1o8jslxy said:
Pryor really isn't a good QB

Hard to say because Oakland.

You need to watch him, Pryor being bad had little to do with Oakland, doe snot matter how bad the team is when the QB is either throwing it at your feet or over your head, or behind you 44% of the time, his complet % was 56%, not good not matter what team your on.