Best QB class in the last decade? Make your predictions.

WarHawks

Reaction score
It's tiring explaining simple ideas like "Geno Smith is a totally acceptable NFL QB" and "the problem with the 2023 Seahawks was not the offense."

You're worried about our QB in 2026? Who gives a shit.
I do. And I also happen to care about our qb now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Saw a scout say the other day, he is giving Caleb a 2nd round grade, and doesn’t think he will be very good.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The point being that nobody seems to be bringing up Nix's age as an issue, yet they are with Penix, not that Nix is considerably older.

Like Penix, Nix's age is also not an issue IMO
Weird. I’ve heard Nix and Penix age on almost every podcast I’ve listened to over the last couple months. Some think it’s a benefit and some dont

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
  1. Penix- Steal of the draft will be a top 10 starter in the league.
  2. Drake Maye- Starter in the league successful career
  3. Bo Nix-Cousins like career where he is mid and gets better with age and experience.
  4. JJ Mcarthy- depends on where he lands, in the hands of the right coach he could be the next Brock Purdy. If he goes in the 1st round somebody ruins him. -Bust
  5. Jayden Daniels- BUST
  6. Caleb Williams-BUST
  7. Spencer Rattler- Back up
  8. Jordan Travis- Surprise of the draft Solid if not top half of the league by year 3.
Caleb Williams bust??
Poles has done his homework on him. Bears are drafting him. I am nervous but optimistic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You should be nervous. That kid is worried about the wrong things. Talent wise, of course he has it all. But man, he just feels like Ryan Leaf 2.0.
He also played like crap against good teams.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Caleb Williams bust??
Poles has done his homework on him. Bears are drafting him. I am nervous but optimistic.
I don't know enough football to judge Caleb's QB skill or potential. I shall leave that to all the football experts and I accept their opinion that Caleb is a generational talent.

I do think the Bears may find Caleb to be a different breed of rookie they haven't encountered before. He will arrive in Chicago with an entourage of 'his people'. Before taking a snap, he will have his eyes on not just playing for a team but owning that team. With the owner's mindset, coaches are merely his replaceable employees.

Frankly, the best thing that can happen would be for Celab to suck for a season or so, that suckage will hopefully hard press that reset button.

Just my 2p.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know enough football to judge Caleb's QB skill or potential. I shall leave that to all the football experts and I accept their opinion that Caleb is a generational talent.

I do think the Bears may find Caleb to be a different breed of rookie they haven't encountered before. He will arrive in Chicago with an entourage of 'his people'. Before taking a snap, he will have his eyes on not just playing for a team but owning that team. With the owner's mindset, coaches are merely his replaceable employees.

Frankly, the best thing that can happen would be for Celab to suck for a season or so, that suckage will hopefully hard press that reset button.

Just my 2p.
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t really care how much he commercializes himself outside football so long as a plays well on Sunday

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He hasn't exactly proven to be super clutch against really good teams. Tons of talent, just my own opinion that he could legit turn out to be a bust.
No skin the game here, so whatever, but I just don't think he's going to be a great NFL QB. Just a guess.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think JD and Caleb will be stars like Herbert is a star. Not really.
So this draft is likely more like 2020 than an all-decade draft. We probably get one star out of this draft but plenty of starters. Likely several solid backups too.
Maybe like the 2021 draft instead but it won't likely be a ton of (if any) stars from this draft. Maybe a 'star' like Herbert, in someone that puts up #s but never seems to win anything.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Caleb isn't going to be Chicago's savior just like Herbert wasn't SD's (and SD had a decent enough defense).

Most GMs would pick Herbert over every other QB in this class. And Herbert isn't a savior. So if a non-game changer QB is still projected better as an entire draft class? That should tell you what you need to know.

Caleb probably won't be a savior for the Bears. And JD looks to be about 143lbs, not really the body type for long term health in the NFL....even with all the recent rules protecting QBs. Feels more like the next Robert Griffin than the next star QB.
Can someone turn into the next Mac Jones or next Jordan Love? Sure. But that isn't the hopium some are taking right now.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He hasn't exactly proven to be super clutch against really good teams. Tons of talent, just my own opinion that he could legit turn out to be a bust.
No skin the game here, so whatever, but I just don't think he's going to be a great NFL QB. Just a guess.
Bears are going to shock the world!
Just my guess.