Baker Mayfield & Other QB Options

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Besides us, what other teams might be looking at drafting a QB in the first round? We are the only ones that haven't signed a QB for this year, aren't we?
Gotta admit, I'm shocked at this "plan", and will be even more shocked if it works to our advantage.
I'm thinking about buying one of those online fancy, shiny, metal windmills that turns inside out every time the wind blows. And I'm thinking Baker ought to buy one too!

getnasty

Reaction score
Willis won me over today. Guy throws a beatiful deep ball but what i liked the most is he seems like a guy that others players would want to play with. I wouldn't be mad if they took him at 9.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Willis is as close to a fit for how Pete wants to play football as you can get.

He throws a beautiful deep ball, takes a little longer throwing short passes from a clean pocket, but is tremendous on the move - both with the run and pass.

He could be a crappier Wilson. With less of the self-absorbed and weird stuff.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Willis is intriguing and has the athletic measurables Pete and John like but I think it’s going to take him awhile to develop. Still likely too risky at 9 and would rather see an edge, CB or OL.

For a stopgap, I don’t understand why apparently PC/JS and most fans here aren’t more open to acquiring Minshew. 41 TD 12 INT—that is very good and the guy is gutsy and gives it his all. He hits the open man underneath, moves the chains and runs a bit. He could be had likely very cheap (4th or 5th?). His salary would be minimal as well unlike Mayfield.

People often cite that he didn’t beat out Hurts but one coach’s decision at Philly shouldn’t be seen as definitive on the matter. At least bring him in and compete with Lock.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Besides us, what other teams might be looking at drafting a QB in the first round? We are the only ones that haven't signed a QB for this year, aren't we?
Gotta admit, I'm shocked at this "plan", and will be even more shocked if it works to our advantage.
I'm thinking about buying one of those online fancy, shiny, metal windmills that turns inside out every time the wind blows. And I'm thinking Baker ought to buy one too!
This is crazy. I was high as hell a couple of days ago and saw one online and it took me a good minute to figure out exactly what it was that I was looking at. I have been thinking about that shit off and on since, and now I read this comment.

chris98251

Reaction score
What lousy teams do is force the issue, nobody ready or you like that is standing out you build the rest of the team while you wait for that guy. Lock, Eason, Smith Minshew all are viable stop gaps and or could surprise you like Krieg did. Or you could be the Browns and how many wasted picks have they made on QB's till they sold out for Watson and more picks.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If they got Mayfield, I think I would stop watching. Ugh. I can't even stand watching him in his dumb commercials. I can't imagine having to watch him be the qb of my favorite team. Please, just roll with Lock, beef up our lines at the draft, and get the qbotf next year. Willis is intriguing, but he'll be gone in the first five picks regardless.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This is crazy. I was high as hell a couple of days ago and saw one online and it took me a good minute to figure out exactly what it was that I was looking at. I have been thinking about that shit off and on since, and now I read this comment.
I heard there's only one left and they want a first rounder as part of the deal. LOL

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If they got Mayfield, I think I would stop watching. Ugh. I can't even stand watching him in his dumb commercials. I can't imagine having to watch him be the qb of my favorite team. Please, just roll with Lock, beef up our lines at the draft, and get the qbotf next year. Willis is intriguing, but he'll be gone in the first five picks regardless.
Bro we just had 10 years of the corniest QB of all time. And he was amazing on the field.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
He had a shot. The Ravens were ready to sign him. Then his stupid girlfriend tweeted out some racist shit at the organization and their coach. The contract offer was pulled.
I was obviously unaware that Ray Lewis was trying to get Kaeperdick signed in Baltimore back in 2017. They were finalizing the deal, then his GF tweeted a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti and comparing it to Sam Jackson's character hugging DiCaprio's in Django. They pulled the offer the next day.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Bro we just had 10 years of the corniest QB of all time. And he was amazing on the field.

Comparing Wilson at his best to Mayfield is like comparing fine Armagnac or Cognac to Budweiser.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Just wondering what makes you guys assume PC would go after any NFL QB's? It seems pretty obvious that PC doesn't follow the "we have to have an elite QB to win" system. I expect he'll do the same thing he did before. Draft a QB that will buy into his winning philosophy that can take a hit, run the ball and not turn it over. Let them compete and see who wins.

He is a defensive guy so I think he'll use his best picks on trying to build a new LOB. Young and nasty with a hunger to prove themselves.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
Just wondering what makes you guys assume PC would go after any NFL QB's? It seems pretty obvious that PC doesn't follow the "we have to have an elite QB to win" system. I expect he'll do the same thing he did before. Draft a QB that will buy into his winning philosophy that can take a hit, run the ball and not turn it over. Let them compete and see who wins.

He is a defensive guy so I think he'll use his best picks on trying to build a new LOB. Young and nasty with a hunger to prove themselves.
When we brought Pete here he and John brought every retread, former drafted QB and anyone who played to look at, report that in fact they are working out Kaep for a look see plays to that. We brought in Clip board Jesus as our first reach, then TJack, then Flynn along with drafting Wilson who just would not be denied.

Pete knows he needs a QB, he coached teams with some of the best, Tarkenton, Montana or and Young, Bledsoe, others. He knows he needs one that has to be respected for his ability to make plays for the running game to work. Otherwise they stack the box.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I don't think this team is ready for a Mayfield type, If we were further along in the rebirth I would say yes but it's not time...

GemCity

Reaction score
Hoping we roll with Lock and don’t take Willis at 9…or the second round for that matter. He won’t slip past the first (assumption).
Also hope we pass on Mayfield. I wouldn’t want to give up anymore than a 3rd if we make a go at him.

Latest posts