Baker Mayfield & Other QB Options

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Right now it looks like Lock is the guy . Workout everybody that's interested in being the starting QB in Seattle ; and that should include Kaepernick . IMO
The last time we did that, Kaepernick wasn't happy with the idea of being offered a salary commensurate with QB2 status.

Last edited:

PNW

Reaction score
You do realize that he also played the majority of the season hurt. He is the QB that finally took the black hole of QBs to win their first playoff game in years. Living in Oklahoma, Iwatched the kid. He is very competitive, a bit of a character, and has been a winner. Last year is not a fair assessment of him.
Playing hurt is part of the gig, was it his throwing shoulder? You think he would survive behind our O-line?? Don’t you think if he was as good as you claim a team would’ve picked him up by now?

soohawk

Reaction score
when you are in line to sign a contract extension as a qb you do not do what baker did last year and damage your shoulder even more so...you just don't. he burned piles of money doing so

Boohman14

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran like Fitzpatrick and rolling with Lock and Smith in back-up. I'm thinking that Lock just needs some seasoning and coaching, ala Hasselbeck when he arrived in Seattle. It would be smart for Pete to bring in an accomplished QB Coach such as Zorn to work with Lock. I think Lock could flourish in the Rams style offense which required timing and the ability to pass over the middle.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Please tell me any situation where a guy was awful at his job, took 5 years off,made some insanely ignorant and stupid comments about said job then got a chance to do the job again ? It's idiotic ... No one improves taking 5 years off.
I'd almost prefer the Hawks give him a shot so he can longer say he didn't get one.

Own The West

Reaction score
I don't see anyone out there worth trading for, especially when we have a young prospect in camp. Lock has all the physical tools. If he can beat out Geno in camp, I'm fine taking a year to see if he can pick up the offense.

Keep in mind we're looking to field a complete team next year (with a run game and everything!), so having a miracle worker at QB is not going to be a necessity.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This could be what is happening, however some rejiggering capwise would need to be done as presently the team couldn’t fit his contract under the cap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hearing Browns want a 1st rounder for Baker.

They're going to have to give up a pick to unload Baker at this point. Every team in the league knows they're over a barrel desperately trying to dump Mayfield's salary for 2022.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Baker is a bad fit here. Plus, he's too short to play QB.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I don't see anyone out there worth trading for, especially when we have a young prospect in camp. Lock has all the physical tools. If he can beat out Geno in camp, I'm fine taking a year to see if he can pick up the offense.

Keep in mind we're looking to field a complete team next year (with a run game and everything!), so having a miracle worker at QB is not going to be a necessity.
Lock also has his a type of swagger: vs Chargers, Week 17, he was pointing at Bosa, saying "he's tired! run at him"...to which Bosa replied, "Ok, then run right at me!". It could be Lock thinks it's a game, as if it should be fun.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'd almost prefer the Hawks give him a shot so he can longer say he didn't get one.
He had a shot. The Ravens were ready to sign him. Then his stupid girlfriend tweeted out some racist shit at the organization and their coach. The contract offer was pulled. People think Mayfield comes with a clown show? People think Russ was focused on his brand and not football? Craporpick is all of that combined, 100X over. Not to mention that he isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hearing Browns want a 1st rounder for Baker.
They want a 1st for Mayfield and his 41.5 mil salary? That is too funny for words.

There is just no way on this earth any team would pay them that only to have him b/c a FA after the season.

This is going to be an Osweiler type situation where Cleveland will need to pick up part of his salary and give the team willing to take Mayfield off their hands a draft pick of a valuable exchange of draft picks.

flv2

Reaction score
They want a 1st for Mayfield and his 41.5 mil salary? That is too funny for words.

There is just no way on this earth any team would pay them that only to have him b/c a FA after the season.

This is going to be an Osweiler type situation where Cleveland will need to pick up part of his salary and give the team willing to take Mayfield off their hands a draft pick of a valuable exchange of draft picks.
Mayfield has a 1 year fully guaranteed contract for $18.86M.

massari

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind trading into the late 1st to take Willis if he's still on the board.

Willis competing with Stroud/Young/Levis in 2023 would be something