Best triple threat in Seahawks history

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Except for the unit responsible for giving our three headed threat time to attack. On paper that unit doesn't look so good right now.

-bsd

original poster

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3rwu1nl0 said:
Except for the unit responsible for giving our three headed threat time to attack. On paper that unit doesn't look so good right now.

-bsd

You won't be saying that after the draft.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was really excited for the Quadruple threat of Sidney, Percy, Marshawn, Wilson. Perhaps even the Quintuple threat with Miller. But that never happened (if it did I think the Hawks go undefeated in 2013-2014). So I'm going to keep my emotions level set for now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
original poster":2x9t3aij said:
bigskydoc":2x9t3aij said:

-bsd

I wasn't aware that there were clear Pro Bowl centers with experience in Tom Cable's zone blocking scheme waiting for us in the draft. Or tight ends also versed in said scheme.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
original poster":68or1d10 said:

I don't see the draft making big changes to next year's line. I am expecting developmental players mostly. Hope I'm surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a pretty under-rated O-line, just that ON PAPER it looks pretty weak right now given that we have replacement level players coming into center and left guard. So far the offseason for the line is progressing about like I predicted with Carp being overpayed elsewhere and Unger on the cusp of getting cut. Never would have predicted that we could get a steal like Graham for him though.

I hope that my predictions of picking up a starting quality LG in free agency pan out. Otherwise, I see the starting line consisting of our current players Okung, Bailey, LJP/Lewis, Sweezy, Britt with any rookies filling backup roles and competing for starting roles at LG/center as the season progresses and injuries take their toll.

I'm actually pretty happy with that lineup, although we will once again be league average in pass pro and elite in run blocking. I think the weakest player on that line is Bailey. Looked great at times, and earned a shot, but I am not convinced that he has a full season of excellence in him. I would love to see us pick up a quality LG, but I'm not sure who is left out there. I'm pretty happy with LJP/Lewis at center. We just need some depth.

The addition of Graham will do more for improving the O-line pass pro stats next year than the addition of linemen through the draft.

- bsd