Bevell made that call-CONFIRMED

Anthony!

Reaction score
Daytomann":2xjrd7r4 said:
brimsalabim":2xjrd7r4 said:
Wilson still should have changed it or chucked it into the cheap seats. He won't become elite until he is willing to stand up to an asinine play call.

I agree 110% he should've chucked it or called a timeout to talk about it. No one would have been the wiser.

A true, elite QB would have done everything he could to win the game..... That includes NOT running a completely boneheaded play. Sorry but RW takes a lot of this blame. Don't even try to argue against it.

PC should have been listening in and put the brakes on the play as well. So put him on the dumbass list as well.

:pukeface:

no need to argue, your wrong.

davidonmi

Reaction score
randomation":3rhw92n6 said:
davidonmi":3rhw92n6 said:
SeatownJay":3rhw92n6 said:
Bevell blaming Lockette.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/562097218895630336[/tweet]
He's not wrong

Considering he choose to throw to Ricardo Lockette rather then giving the ball to Beast yeah he is.
I'm not defending the play call, but Lockett could have done better

HawkerD

Reaction score
I bet Bevel will resign in a few days. NLT Friday once they work out his severance package. He'll say stuff like its important that the team be able to move on from this yada yada yada. And he think this is the best for everyone involved blah, blah blah.

But be certain it will be Pete who handed him the paper and pen. Pete will have a ton of great things to say about him but the message is sent.

If players have to compete everyday, so do coaches. It was a complete FAIL today but lets face it, the Offense has needed an upgrade at the OC position for a while.

Daytomann

Reaction score
Anthony!":3230kww3 said:
Daytomann":3230kww3 said:
brimsalabim":3230kww3 said:
Wilson still should have changed it or chucked it into the cheap seats. He won't become elite until he is willing to stand up to an asinine play call.

I agree 110% he should've chucked it or called a timeout to talk about it. No one would have been the wiser.

A true, elite QB would have done everything he could to win the game..... That includes NOT running a completely boneheaded play. Sorry but RW takes a lot of this blame. Don't even try to argue against it.

PC should have been listening in and put the brakes on the play as well. So put him on the dumbass list as well.

:pukeface:

no need to argue, your wrong.
Nope really I'm not.

Edited by Staff for attacking poster

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Daytomann":yxtmspli said:
brimsalabim":yxtmspli said:

If Russ changes the play or calls a timeout and they still go on to lose, then Bevell blames him and the media makes Russell out to be a diva that does things his way.

MrThortan

Reaction score
People have been complaining about Bevell for a while now. He has made many wtf calls. This was just the last straw for a lot of fans.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bevell called a pass play with the vikings in field goal range against the Saints in the playoffs with Adrian Peterson in his prime and lost that game too. Bevell needs to go...NOW.

chris98251

Reaction score
Third year QB's do not check out of a play directed to them if the coach says not to, Farve or Manning could get away with it, Wilson is the kind of guy that follows directions. He has not been given that flexibility in this offense.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Daytomann":2fzkjaf1 said:
brimsalabim":2fzkjaf1 said:

What do you want Wilson to do? Check into a run when the whole defense is at the LOS? it's the coaches job to call the plays, Wilson isn't going to audible for the sake of audibling

IrishNW

Reaction score
That was a career changing play call for Bevell

theascension

Reaction score
I'm just amazed he calls out Lockette when Pete and Wilson put blame on themselves.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":dahhfwfh said:

More needs to be said about Wilson, he wasn't big time when he needed to be.

Not saying he's never been big time but he wasn't tonight.

HawkEye

Reaction score
I appreciate Bevell's guts and honesty. He is kinda right about Lockette, but Lockette probably shouldn't be the guy you turn to in that situation in the first place.

Still a historically bad play call. He would probably help himself if he issued an apology for it.

This.

If he wants to regain confidence in the players, he should own his mistake.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are obsessed with this last play. I know it sucks. We were 24 14, if our defense could not hold up, there is nothing we could have done. Its about finishing, but come on, we had this game. We just needed to hold them to 3 points and we could not. We will learn from this and make adjustments. Thankful for the season, moving on, ready for the next one.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ypvs05n said:
brimsalabim":2ypvs05n said:

The whole night or the last play?

gabel

Reaction score
Russel Wilson thru the ball to the wrong guy. It's on him and it will stay with him for his career. We can get mad at what ever scape goat we chose but the bottom line is that ball should never have been thrown. And in the end Wilson will own it.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1153fjtt said:
brimsalabim":1153fjtt said:

What game did you watch? Wilson was money.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gabel":3b750rh2 said:
Russel Wilson thru the ball to the wrong guy. It's on him and it will stay with him for his career. We can get mad at what ever scape goat we chose but the bottom line is that ball should never have been thrown. And in the end Wilson will own it.

No. The bottom line is THE PLAY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED

Latest posts