Bevell made that call-CONFIRMED

morgulon1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1lvwktmf said:
Bevell blaming Lockette.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/562097218895630336[/tweet]

Could've handed to the ball to the beast. Lockette doesn't play a lot for a reason. This is a CLASSIC example of a smelly clown trying to get too cute .

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I have been a big Bevell supporter but this time he has to be fired for this team to move forward.

That playcall was pure EGO. There is no other way it can be explained. All he had to do was be simple with the best back in football and go back to formations he would have known since pop warner. But he couldn't.

Overall, that playcall was unrecoverable from a job point of view. We have the #1 run offense against a team who has a weakness against the run - espcially in power situations.

Why you would even have a shotgun personnel out there.

Everyone on earth who watched that game thought we should have given it to Marshawn three times and roll the dice with him. At least that would have been completely justifiable, even if it didn't succeed.

Anyway, that is all I got for the night.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":2v9zo4cv said:
Third year QB's do not check out of a play directed to them if the coach says not to, Farve or Manning could get away with it, Wilson is the kind of guy that follows directions. He has not been given that flexibility in this offense.
All you Wilson bashers PLEASE read this.

brettb3

Reaction score
I'm stunned that people are blaming Wilson for that play. They were given the right look to execute that play. Kearse did a poor job on the rub and Butler was right there to meet Lockette. That being said, they should've just given the ball to Lynch regardless.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The worst thing is .. we know Bevell is capable of this mind numbingly stupid play-calling from time to time.. but none of us could have imagined he'd do this in the Super Bowl.

But fans arent the only one who spots this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/562118242509291520[/tweet]

This will hurt for a long, long time

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marshawn should have flipped the bird to the sideline like he did before. Anyone remember another one of Bevell's dumb play calls at the goal when Marshawn flipped him off?

davidonmi

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":106cd20k said:
brimsalabim":106cd20k said:
Wilson still should have changed it or chucked it into the cheap seats. He won't become elite until he is willing to stand up to an asinine play call.

More needs to be said about Wilson, he wasn't big time when he needed to be.

Not saying he's never been big time but he wasn't tonight.
if lynch runs it in it's arguably his best game as a pro. top 5 for sure
No idea which game you were watching

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
davidonmi":240kza2s said:
NFSeahawks628":240kza2s said:
brimsalabim":240kza2s said:
Wilson still should have changed it or chucked it into the cheap seats. He won't become elite until he is willing to stand up to an asinine play call.

Yeah sorry NF but I got to agreee. His QB rating before that pass was 136. He was placing the ball where only his guys could catch it all night long.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No to be clear I'm not blaming him for the play call or the result really. I'm just pointing out that a true elite QB like Brady or Manning would have changed the play instead of running it as called. I think he will get there with time.

As far as the play goes according to Revis it was Browner who recognized the player package and formation as being the pick play we run. He kept Kearse from making the pick so the play didn't work. The rookie made a good break and a great catch though. Not really Lockets fault or Russell's and it should never have been called and certainly not on Browner of all people.

jake206

Reaction score
Honestly, as bad as that playcall was...I don't have as much problem with that as this...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/562097218895630336[/tweet]...

If you ever had thoughts of being a head coach, please don't throw your players under the bus after a loss.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.

Leave Bevell in Phoenix and let him hitchhike back to Seattle only to find he's been fired. Actually, that's not enough. Take all his stuff and burn it on the lawn of the VMAC.

Block everyone with less than 50 posts. Screw the Cheatriots.

Hawkee

Reaction score
SeatownJay":cx20qcki said:
Bevell blaming Lockette.

Would have been strongest by giving it to BeastMode.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
No doubt about it that the pass was a bad call. I mean, come on you've got 2nd and goal from the 1. Run the freaking ball. Are you telling me that Beast Mode is going to be denied? Pfft!

I feel far more like Seattle lost this game than the Patriots won it. The Hawks straight up snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They handed it over to The Patriots on a silver platter.

This one's going to hurt and to hurt for a long time. Like that Falcon's loss in 2012, I believe that this will end up galvanizing the team and that they will come back next season on a mission.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":5285piw4 said:
NFSeahawks628":5285piw4 said:
brimsalabim":5285piw4 said:

I'm talking about the 2nd down play to win the super bowl. Ball was early and off target. Not to mention it was a slant into a stacked box. So you mean to tell me one of the smartest QBs in the game doesn't know how to abort a play that has a very low percentage of being successful. I can't believe he wouldn't have noticed that. No, 4-7 in the first half are not all world numbers. He missed when it mattered the most and it sucks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":gte0f2qc said:
davidonmi":gte0f2qc said:
NFSeahawks628":gte0f2qc said:
brimsalabim":gte0f2qc said:

I'm talking about the 2nd down play to win the super bowl. Ball was early and off target. Not to mention it was a slant into a stacked box. So you mean to tell me one of the smartest QBs in the game doesn't know how to abort a play that has a very low percentage of being successful. I can't believe he wouldn't have noticed that. No, 4-7 in the first half are not all world numbers. He missed when it mattered the most and it sucks.

I don't want to agree with this, in fact, it pisses me off. But the guy's got a point.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3a4q95b3 said:
Russell will learn a great deal from this and WILL in the future audibilize out of a bad play call by the next offensive coordinator.
If Bevell doesn't "resign" after this, I will be utterly flabbergasted.

THIS.

davidonmi

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":25i2zm92 said:
davidonmi":25i2zm92 said:
NFSeahawks628":25i2zm92 said:
brimsalabim":25i2zm92 said:

if you're talking specifically the last play, yes, he messed up the execution. While it was a great play by the DB if the throw is slightly lower towards his stomach it's probably a TD (at worst incomplete).
he finished with a total QBR of 90.8, he was big time outside of that final play and a shaky 1Q

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":g4awbvqf said:
Bevell blaming Lockette.

The SOB still doesn't get it :roll:
I only hope Paul Allen rakes Pete over the coals if he doesn't shit can Bevel.
There will be lots of fans walking away from the ticket counters if Bevel remains on the staff.