Bevell made that call-CONFIRMED

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
fan4life":1g73bn84 said:
Bevell is right - Lockette should have been stronger to the ball. But goal-line slants are risky plays (the QB and WR don't really think, the QB just gets the ball and throws to a spot) even with veteran players/teams. Not a smart call when the WR is a rookie and you have a couple of downs and enough time to let the best RB/read-option QB try and punch it in!
Lockette.... not a rookie. c'mon man....

jachba

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1yti8qxq said:
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.

Leave Bevell in Phoenix and let him hitchhike back to Seattle only to find he's been fired. Actually, that's not enough. Take all his stuff and burn it on the lawn of the VMAC.

Block everyone with less than 50 posts. Screw the Cheatriots.

Even fans of other teams who supported your team?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bevell is Pete's guy. He called the play but Pete and Russell and probably Cable had the power to change it and they didn't. No one man is responsible for this loss. We, as a team, didn't finish the game. Worst play call of all time? Absolutely. So why didn't the head coach or the assistant head coach or the starting quarterback do something about it? Bevell may have made a bone head call but why didn't anybody else with power do anything about it?

jake206

Reaction score
enhanced-buzz-31617-1382114580-29.jpg

Bevell has never had a great relationship with Lynch, and I think this will make it worse.

*For those that don't remember Lynch (vs. Cards) gave Bevell the middle finger for not putting in a run call to him. This unfortunately is revisited again. Its like they forgot who they were as an offensive identity for 24 secs in the last drive against the Pats.

<sigh> The reason they were 3-3 was because of all the cute-passing schemes that Bevell installed for Percy. He's still boneheaded Bevell from the Vikings to me. He's not changed his stripes since the tutelage with Brad Childress.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I know I can say this forever and it matters not. But, this is the exact same call Shotty made that had the exact same result in the Rams @ Chargers game.

We all blamed Shottty. It's a wrong call. You should not have lost this game that way.

I watched the game with Charger fans. As soon as the play played out, my camp: it's just like the Rams!!!!

This is a BS call. It's on the OC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1ge37drg said:
Bevell is Pete's guy. He called the play but Pete and Russell and probably Cable had the power to change it and they didn't. No one man is responsible for this loss. We, as a team, didn't finish the game. Worst play call of all time? Absolutely. So why didn't the head coach or the assistant head coach or the starting quarterback do something about it? Bevell may have made a bone head call but why didn't anybody else with power do anything about it?

I'm guessing they thought it was 2nd down and if they missed the throw then they run 3rd and 4th.

They obviously did not watch the Rams @ Chargers game w exact same call.

and, obviously they did not factor in the interception. Was a massive bad OC call.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You'll never convince me this shit wasn't fixed. Not Bevell, not Russell, not Pete Carroll make that play call without somebody with money and power telling them to do it. I know Bevell's an idiot but he's not that big of an idiot. And there's no way that shit gets past quality control. How could it possibly? It's an impossibility.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1sp1vysi said:
Because they would have to burn their last timeout to do so.
I contend that a run from that formation would have been a mistake. It would have been like the 4th and 1 run at KC where Bevell called a run with 6 blockers on 8 run stoppers. Which was a worse decision than the ill fated fade to Baldwin.

The slant was a bad idea(seriously, when was the last time we threw a slant to Lockette, let alone a slant that critical?), but 3 wide receivers from inside the 1 was an even worse decision. It allowed the Pats to formationally dictate a pass.

They played scared. They were afraid to give Brady 30 seconds. All credit to Belichick, who inside a minute had the balls to not take timeouts and ride with his D. IF Seattle had scored and won he would be getting ripped for that today, but at least it wasn't fear based decision making.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3ee35psf said:
You'll never convince me this shit wasn't fixed. Not Bevell, not Russell, not Pete Carroll make that play call without somebody with money and power telling them to do it. I know Bevell's an idiot but he's not that big of an idiot. And there's no way that shit gets past quality control. How could it possibly? It's an impossibility.
First conspiracy theory I've seen. Good job.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3vjgrcfx said:

So you also think that Kearse crazy to the floor then not lost ball catch was an NFL "fix"?

How did they exactly do that one? Lotsa side practice no one knows about? How did they make the ball do that since it was fixed?

Btw, Shotty made the exact same call v Chargers w exact same results. So, it's not like OC's don't just be stupid.

RedAlice

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":3efr1tjk said:
Zebulon Dak":3efr1tjk said:

This "theory" only works if that crazy Kearse catch was also a "conspiracy." How did they do that one?

jake206

Reaction score
Hindsight 20/20: Even for a pass, I think a lateral pass would have been so much more preferable to slant. Hawks have never ever run a great slant pattern in reg. season.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RedAlice":qynqjxzp said:
NorCalHawk12":qynqjxzp said:
Zebulon Dak":qynqjxzp said:

This "theory" only works if that crazy Kearse catch was also a "conspiracy." How did they do that one?

Absolutely untrue. The Kearse catch was clearly an amazing lucky play. You can't fix that shit.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
One more hand off to Lynch, we're SB champions and he's the MVP. Goodell did not want that to happen. There's no other reason Bevell makes that call. I don't care if you believe that or not, you'll never convince me otherwise.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1l41n2ox said:
RedAlice":1l41n2ox said:
NorCalHawk12":1l41n2ox said:
Zebulon Dak":1l41n2ox said:

Absolutely untrue. The Kearse catch was clearly an amazing lucky play. You can't fix that shit.

So, only the plays you pick are "fixed"????

Dude.

Shotty made the exact same play call on Rams @ Chargers. NO FIX. STUPID PLAY CALL.

No one has a fix on this. You just want to think it's "fixed" so you feel better.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You can't fix every play, that's impossible. There's no reason to make that play call at the end. Every 3 year old watching knows that's the wrong play call.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. If you don't think there's elements of the game controlled by people of influence you're not really paying attention. Shit's been happening for decades.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3t610fcv said:
You can't fix every play, that's impossible. There's no reason to make that play call at the end. Every 3 year old watching knows that's the wrong play call.

Agree 100%. Watched my team do it.

Does not mean it's fixed. That is just what you want to make you feel better. It wasn't fixed.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":kobenn0n said:
It doesn't make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. If you don't think there's elements of the game controlled by people of influence you're not really paying attention. Shit's been happening for decades.

The people who believe the NFL is fixed, had Hawks pegged as never making the play offs.

Right now, you seem like someone looking for excuses as to why your team lost: I'ts fixed!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
All I believe is that if Marshawn scores a TD there he's the MVP and there's many people in positions of power who did not want to see that happen. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a particular play call was made at a critical moment to try to keep that from happening.