Bevell Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Largent80":sjaabqh1 said:
I guess we are doomed because of Bevell. Might as well not watch the game Sunday.

Man, Largent, WTH are you going on about? Talk about a kneejerk reaction and throwing yourself out a window.

I said nothing of the sort. Bevell is our weakest link, period.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

All that I am saying is mix it up. Throw a draw or a screen in every once in a while.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":235ro80r said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":235ro80r said:
AbsolutNET":235ro80r said:
And this is why I am reluctant to voice concerns on this site anymore. Rob and Tdot, you have successfully sent me back into lurking.

I don't understand what I said that was even remotely inflammatory. Just pointed out the team's emphasis is on the other four dimensions and we do them all well.

You're being deliberately obtuse. You knew well that I was talking about offense. Bevell has nothing to do with special teams or D and I feel silly even explaining that.

I am merely pointing out the bigger picture as the Bevell hate is exceptionally narrow minded with tunnel vision to everything else the 'Hawks do.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Why does criticism of Bevell have to do with anything else the Seahawks do? FFS, some of you are ultra defensive and wig out at the slightest criticism of any part of the Seahawks.

I guess my bar is just set higher. I expect more from them.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1jgpuez0 said:
AbsolutNET":1jgpuez0 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1jgpuez0 said:
AbsolutNET":1jgpuez0 said:
And this is why I am reluctant to voice concerns on this site anymore. Rob and Tdot, you have successfully sent me back into lurking.

I don't understand what I said that was even remotely inflammatory. Just pointed out the team's emphasis is on the other four dimensions and we do them all well.

You're being deliberately obtuse. You knew well that I was talking about offense. Bevell has nothing to do with special teams or D and I feel silly even explaining that.

I am merely pointing out the bigger picture as the Bevell hate is exceptionally narrow minded with tunnel vision to everything else the 'Hawks do.

Show me where I said or indicated I hate Bevel.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
MLOhawks":2k6jphi0 said:
Why does criticism of Bevell have to do with anything else the Seahawks do? FFS, some of you are ultra defensive and wig out at the slightest criticism of any part of the Seahawks.

I guess my bar is just set higher. I expect more from them.

Because the Hawks game plan is centered around a conservative passing game. We can't run screens because of the 8 man boxes and spies on Wilson. Our short passing game is the run.

The Bevell hate misses the point of the team's purpose and Pete Carroll's master plan. He would love to win games without throwing a pass. What does that tell you about his direction to Bevell and Wilson. If anyone, blame Carroll.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's always Bevell's fault.

Yesterday we needed to execute better. The play calling was more than fine. They were conservative because they were winning 16-0 and taking the air out of the ball. And that was almost certainly PC's decision, not Bevell's.

Can they improve? Sure. But it's just as much on Wilson and the receivers to get this passing game going as it is Bevell.

People need to chill out.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1enj4ibm said:
Why is it so outlandish for fans to not be satisfied with the #26 passing offense in the league? Is there anyone here that wouldn't like to see that improve?
:th2thumbs:

Why in world can anyone be satisfied with this passing offense?

Happy we won, but 26th in passing is not something to celebrate. Denial to cope with the below average passing offense maybe.

The first half yesterday was good and the weather kept teams running the ball. Good. Percy on the field helped too. Second half is another story. Poor efficiency is on players just as much as Bevell. Perhaps more so. Offense going three and out puts and keeps the defense on the field. That is a recipe for a loss in the playoffs.

The weather and wind calmed down enough in the second half. In the first half the ball was visibly moving way off target after the throw due to wind. The poor passing in the second half was not just on the weather.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is ridiculous that someone would dispute this.

Our OC is average to below average.

To be concerned about an average to below average coordinator going against one of the best coordinators out there (the SF DC Fangio) should be reasonable.

Here is how bad our OC is right now, for the past several weeks after every game we had several threads talking about how they felt that our OC (or coaching staff) was going "vanilla" to avoid showing their hands for the playoffs. So our OC was so bad that people were actually inventing imaginary reasons for why we were so bad.

Anyone defending him probably isn't smart enough to figure it out so there is likely no reason to waste bothering trying to explain it to them. But the rest of us know it. He wasn't "vanilla", he was just mediocre to over-matched.

Now we are going into the biggest game in recent memory, and we are saddled with this same Weak Link. In fact the only reason that people did not realize this sooner is that Wilson would often run around scrambling and make some crazy play here or there. But without that factor suddenly our OC cannot do anything. Wilson's improvising was masking the truth that Bevell was simply not a great or even good OC.

Now Wilson looks slower, he isn't running as much and worse, his own accuracy is plummeting. I think he might be hurt but we probably will never find out for a while. Either way, if Wilson is not doing his SuperMan imitation out there then Bevell isn't going to get any results in the passing game.

Bevell isn't producing up to snuff, that should not be in dispute at all. We need him to earn his paycheck because right now he isn't.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I just think this whole line of reasoning is misplaced.

We were never trying to be a prolific passing offense. Ever.

In fact, we strive to be the #32 passing offense in yards.

We strive to be the #1 defense, running team and special teams unit and we do that.

Moreover, by advanced per play metrics we are actually the #8 passing game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2a8h5tk9 said:
Anyone defending him probably isn't smart enough to figure it out so there is likely no reason to waste bothering trying to explain it to them. But the rest of us know it. He wasn't "vanilla", he was just mediocre to over-matched.

The oracle has spoken.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It is somewhat ironic that the NFC Championship features two fan bases that hate their own offensive coordinator.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":106uqxl2 said:
Great.

What is our 3rd down conversion % over the past 3 games?

What about our scores per drive?

Do we strive to be pedestrian at those too? Because that is why our OC is failing us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... earing-act

We strive to score more points than the opponent by taking the least amount of offensive risk per yard.

We have been successful 14 times this year and not successful 3 times.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Our offense for the last 4-5 games has been mediocre at best. I have seen none of the powerful offense that we had early in the season. If we end up behind we will lose at the way the offense has been playing. They have not been using the strengths of Wilson or the receivers lately. Unless it changes I have doubts about a win.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ha......We are 14-3 with home field advantage. BEVELL SUCKS.?

Sorry but you are pathetic Bevell haters.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Has anyone reported back on the all 22 from the Saints game? Is it really Bevell and not RW?

RW looks incredibly jittery. Many plays, from the standard TV view, it looks like he simply has to take a few steps up into the pocket and launch. I think the Hawks O would be better off if RW hung in there another second after stepping up.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
No reason to be conservative this week. Playbook will be WIDE open. If Pete's been hiding anything, we'll see it against the 49ers for sure. No reason to save it for the SB, 'cause it ain't gonna make any diff if we don't get there. So I'll wait to grade Bevell 'till after the game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
So far, Bevell has called very good games when the whiners come to the Clink...Here's to continuing that trend. :thirishdrinkers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts