Bill Bellicheck

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m sure the league as a whole is trending and has been for a few years now of the “young” coaches.

When McVay was hired with the Rams, it led to Shanahan, McDaniel, LaFleur, being coaches as well. These are all young guys and if they aren’t “young” they were at least in their 40s.

I think this trend continues and the older generation coaches are probably closer to being out than lasting another 5 years or so.

I think Tomlin and Andy Reid is now the oldest coaches in the league…

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I’m sure the league as a whole is trending and has been for a few years now of the “young” coaches.

When McVay was hired with the Rams, it led to Shanahan, McDaniel, LaFleur, being coaches as well. These are all young guys and if they aren’t “young” they were at least in their 40s.

I think this trend continues and the older generation coaches are probably closer to being out than lasting another 5 years or so.

I think Tomlin and Andy Reid is now the oldest coaches in the league…

IMO it probably has more to do with Belichick wanting complete control like he did in NE, more than his age or coaching style.

I'm sure most old owners are just fine with Belichick's hard ass style of coaching if it means winning, even if the players aren't exactly excited about that style.

But handing over complete control AND a massive contract? Me thinks that's probably more of the roadblock for guys like Carroll and Belichick finding another gig.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
There are some similarities, but I think it's worth pointing out that the Patriots' defense has continued to play very well. It seems like their only issue was they didn't land a good QB after Brady.

On the other hand, Pete seems to be able to somehow get the most out of QBs, so we did "okay" with Geno. However, our defense has been in the bottom half of the league for 8 years straight, and there's been no solution in sight.

I'd be fine with hiring Belichick, but there's maybe a 5% chance it happens.
Bill is a better x and o coach than Pete for sure. But at least as rigid and as mentioned there is cognitive decline at this point.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
5 years lol, in 2 years he'd be the oldest coach to ever be HC in a game, ironically over "protege" Romeo crennel
I was being generous. He may not even get an opportunity to coach again but even of he did I doubt they get 3 years out of the deal.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I don't know of any owner who wouldn't take 5 years with a coach if it meant a SB appearance.
Since Brady left Foxboro behind, what has happened in that time to make you think it's likely?

James in PA

Reaction score
This old goat or Quinn just need to sign with the Commanders already!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Since Brady left Foxboro behind, what has happened in that time to make you think it's likely?

Nothing, which is why I said the reason Belichick's not getting hire is because he wants total control. You guys were talking about age, and IMO that's probably 3rd or 4th on the list of why ol' Bill's still unemployed.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Nothing, which is why I said the reason Belichick's not getting hire is because he wants total control. You guys were talking about age, and IMO that's probably 3rd or 4th on the list of why ol' Bill's still unemployed.
Why would you want to hire someone to mold a team in their image, a process that can take several years, knowing that person may not have the time needed to do that left in the tank?

I thinks it's both.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Why would you want to hire someone to mold a team in their image, a process that can take several years, knowing that person may not have the time needed to do that left in the tank?

I thinks it's both.

It is both, I just think it's further down the list than you I guess. If I had to rank why Belichick lost out on the Falcon gig?

1. Wanted total control
2. Style of coaching antiquated and not popular with players
3. Hesitancy with ability to win before and after Brady
4. Age

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Belicheat without Brady is at, or slightly below .500. I've done the math a couple times over the years, but I'm too lazy to do it right now.

I'm not saying it was all Brady, but he certainly helped.

bigcc

Reaction score
It is both, I just think it's further down the list than you I guess. If I had to rank why Belichick lost out on the Falcon gig?

1. Wanted total control
2. Style of coaching antiquated and not popular with players
3. Hesitancy with ability to win before and after Brady
4. Age
The falcons ceo was relieved of his duties this morning and was moved to blanks other ventures

Raheem and gm now report directly to blank

Take that how you will

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The falcons ceo was relieved of his duties this morning and was moved to blanks other ventures

Raheem and gm now report directly to blank

Take that how you will

I take it as Blanks wanted more control, and certainly didn't want to give up more if it. #1.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't know of any owner who wouldn't take 5 years with a coach if it meant a SB appearance.
A CHANCE at a SB...a CHANCE, No guarantee, as he couldn't get Brady's replacement anywhere close to a Super Bowl...Maybe if he bought him a ticket to go see one? LOLOL

Latest posts