Bill Bellicheck

Welshers2

Reaction score
With all the jobs getting filled Seattle is looking like they will have their pick of the remaining candidates.

If BB doesn't go to Washington DC then I think they should at least interview him. I'm sure I will be flamed for saying this but I think you at least kick the tire.

He did win 6 super bowls after all...

Also for everyone saying he wants too much control, he already told New England he was willing to give up GM duties and just coach. That could happen here.

Not saying they should do it but at least interview him if you ask me. It doesn't hurt

Last edited:

Wheetie

Reaction score
With all the jobs getting filled Seattle is looking like they will have their pick of the remaining candidates.

If BB doesn't go to Washington DC then I think they should at least interview him. I'm sure I will be flamed for saying this but I think you at least kick the tire.

He did win 6 super bowls after all...
Are you including Brady and Gronk in that package?

bigcc

Reaction score
If we were going to hire a geezer of a HC they would have stuck with carroll.

If he wants to be DC while waiting for a HC opening absolutely, but that's not going to happen (for us at least)

He's not going to be a head coach this year

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Won't happen unless John is trying to fire himself. Bill wants too much control. Imo at this stage of their careers I also think Pete is a better coach. So imo its a downgrade. He'd also bring Mcdaniels and Patricia into the mix which would be even more so awful...

Unless Bill has a foolproof plan on how to win another super bowl by cheating I'm not interested...

bigcc

Reaction score
Won't happen unless John is trying to fire himself. Bill wants too much control. Imo at this stage of their careers I also think Pete is a better coach. So imo its a downgrade. He'd also bring Mcdaniels and Patricia into the mix which would be even more so awful...

Unless Bill has a foolproof plan on how to win another super bowl by cheating I'm not interested...
I forgot to mention the GM problem with Bill.

I would be sick to my stomach if he had any say on our future qb this draft, I see Mccarthy at 16 as another Michigan qb, hard pass.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I would be sick to my stomach if he had any say on our future qb this draft, I see Mccarthy at 16 as another Michigan qb, hard pass.
Exactly his eye for talent has been awful. He'd definitely try to reach for a qb or draft some complete unknown at a random position. Imo if people think the game has passed Pete by they haven't been watching New England.

James in PA

Reaction score
Only if he brings along future Hall of Famer, Mac Jones.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Exactly his eye for talent has been awful. He'd definitely try to reach for a qb or draft some complete unknown at a random position. Imo if people think the game has passed Pete by they haven't been watching New England.

Actually he told The Patriots he was willing to give up GM duties. It's conceivable they could work something out like that.

bigcc

Reaction score
Only coach I would have been ok with having that type of front office power would have been Harbaugh tbh, but I certainly don't blame Schneider for not bringing him in lol

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Actually he told The Patriots he was willing to give up GM duties. It's conceivable they could work something out like that.
Well the Falcons didn't hire him due to the level of control he wanted so im guessing he wasn't happy just being a coach.

seabowl

Reaction score
What would folks three years ago have said if Belicheck came on the market? Remember not all coaches that are doing great are because they are great coaches. Not saying BB wasn’t a great coach but without TB he would likely have nowhere near 6 championships.

bigcc

Reaction score
What would folks three years ago have said if Belicheck came on the market? Remember not all coaches that are doing great are because they are great coaches. Not saying BB wasn’t a great coach but without TB he would likely have nowhere near 6 championships.
I mean, you can link any successful person to someone else and say "who'd they be without them?"

Tom brady wouldn't have 7 rings without whoever wrote the tuck rule, etc

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I mean, you can link any successful person to someone else and say "who'd they be without them?"

Tom brady wouldn't have 7 rings without whoever wrote the tuck rule, etc
Except we saw who Bill was both before and after Brady. On top of that he is (very likely) in cognitive decline just like Pete. Like somebody else said, if that is the choice we should have just stuck with Pete. And I have been among the most vocal about moving on from Pete for the last 6 or 7 years and critical of his emerging patterns for a year or two before that.

bigcc

Reaction score
Except we saw who Bill was both before and after Brady. On top of that he is (very likely) in cognitive decline just like Pete. Like somebody else said, if that is the choice we should have just stuck with Pete. And I have been among the most vocal about moving on from Pete for the last 6 or 7 years and critical of his emerging patterns for a year or two before that.
I said that earlier in this thread lol. I agree with you about potential cognitive decline, makes me wonder if they have older coaches ever take aptitude tests yearly to see if there's any cognitive decline.

I just don't agree with the idea that brady made belicheck, or the other way around.

Same applies to russ/Pete

WmHBonney

Reaction score
No to any coach that has to wipe the dinosaur shit off his shoes.....

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Uh, no thanks. Nothing says hitting the reset button like hiring a 71 yr old coach to replace the other 72 yr old coach we just fired.
A bunch on here wanted to go younger at the HC position so there is that. :rolleyes:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Except we saw who Bill was both before and after Brady. On top of that he is (very likely) in cognitive decline just like Pete.

There are some similarities, but I think it's worth pointing out that the Patriots' defense has continued to play very well. It seems like their only issue was they didn't land a good QB after Brady.

On the other hand, Pete seems to be able to somehow get the most out of QBs, so we did "okay" with Geno. However, our defense has been in the bottom half of the league for 8 years straight, and there's been no solution in sight.

I'd be fine with hiring Belichick, but there's maybe a 5% chance it happens.